Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game FOUR (Here's looking at you Scottie) Bulls at Raptors Monday October 25th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game FOUR (Here's looking at you Scottie) Bulls at Raptors Monday October 25th 7:30pm on TSN

Kyle?... Jonas?... Norm?...Nigel?

Demar is returning to the ACC, errr....SBA , and it might not look quite the same.

Of the 18 players who suited up for the 2017/18 Raptors, only three remain
    (thought there might have been a 4th but wrong Malachi).

But for Demar, it was never about the name on the back of the jersey.
    He was, is and will be a Raptor for life.

But technically, for now, he's a Bull and he's on the other side of the court on Monday night
    Unless he pulls a Norm

So let's see where things are at. Ah yes, as we all predicted, the Bulls sit atop the mighty Eastern Conference with a 3-0 record.
    More predictably, the Raps sit a game out of the play in and just a game behind the Heat.
    But, the Bulls have gotten fat off the 0-2 Pistons and 0-3 Pellies
    Thus endeth the 3 game short sample size analysis.

The Bulls? They don't look that familiar either. No Rose. No Thibs. No Taj.
    That was a lifetime ago.,,wait, what?

Anyways, these aren't Jimmy's Bulls anymore.

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

I very much wanted top go with Arnold's nemesis but I would have been one letter off

A formidable force to be sure.

But they have to face the latest Raptor sensation in his first Champagne Game

Every game is a chance to see what he does next and how the rest of the team rises to the challenge.

It's not the "we should have beat them" Wiz
    It's not the hated "C*#@tics"
    It's not the "meh..it was a scheduled loss" Mavs
    But it is a game against a fellow middle of the pack Eastern team
    And one old friend.
    Should be good.

Go Raps!!!
    Last edited by Jclaw; Sun Oct 24, 2021, 09:38 PM.

*** sorry...3 old friends

Comment

Nice stuff, J, as ever!!

GET THAT W!!!!!

I'm heading down to the Scottie Barnes Arena for this one...

Can't wait!

Comment

Wonder if the crowd gives DeMar a nice welcome. It's been so long since he was last in TO I can't remember.

Comment

Game day! Should be fun. Really interested to see if we get any more tweaks to the rotation. Would be a good game to switch to Birch starting to have a better chance to handle Vooch without selling out on their shooters. And the bench could use some cleaning up, less Svi, more Banton, maybe a little Flynn for a scoring punch.

Good test of Barnes and OG in this one - gotta stay out of foul trouble, and LaVine and DeMar are big tests on that front.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We had some issues with Dallas' size. And of course the fouling. Chicago isn't as big (they have Vuc, but I think our defense can handle him). Should be a really fun game. Hope we kick their ass.

Comment

I like our chances in this one.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Wonder if the crowd gives DeMar a nice welcome. It's been so long since he was last in TO I can't remember.
                Yes, he'll get a polite applause. If memory serves he's only been back 1 time?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

this will be a very interesting game... bulls are going to be a true test of our defence.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Game day! Should be fun. Really interested to see if we get any more tweaks to the rotation. Would be a good game to switch to Birch starting to have a better chance to handle Vooch without selling out on their shooters. And the bench could use some cleaning up, less Svi, more Banton, maybe a little Flynn for a scoring punch.

Good test of Barnes and OG in this one - gotta stay out of foul trouble, and LaVine and DeMar are big tests on that front.
                    I agree with all of this. I think OG will do better to stay out of foul trouble. You may have to give him a quick yank if he gets two quick ones in the first.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      this will be a very interesting game... bulls are going to be a true test of our defence.
                      You would think, but looking at their games so far they were held to under 100pts twice by Detroit. Bulls don't really have a lot of great 3pt shooters so they'll need to come through the teeth of our defense to do any damage. Will be an interesting match up for sure.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, he'll get a polite applause. If memory serves he's only been back 1 time?
                        He’ll get more than polite applause, he’ll get cheers and maybe another standing ovation. Most of the fanbase still loves DeMar.

Comment

Nice game thread Jclaw!

Vuc is questionable with an illness so we have a good chance at taking this one. Gonna have to really work to contain Lavine, I have faith in Scottie and OG to lock up DeMar.

Comment

Yes he will get big applause. It's too bad he's not over what happened, I know he said he felt betrayed as they were taking to him about the year right before, but he should really ask himself, what if they had told him that he might be traded and then nothing happened? He would have checked out and wanted a trade. So they were dammed if they did that, it makes no sense. Game should be fun tonight!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

He’ll get more than polite applause, he’ll get cheers and maybe another standing ovation. Most of the fanbase still loves DeMar.
                              Not sure the degrees of applause, but maybe. I looked at it'll actually be his 3rd game back. Polite applause is definitely above golf clap. How big are we talking here. Raucous ovation? Thunderous clapping? Or more of a hearty welcome?
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X