Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Early Season Surprises (Individual and Team)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Early Season Surprises (Individual and Team)

We're three games in.......

What has been a pleasant surprise for you?

Nothing really. Everyone is playing how I expected. I have a few negative surprises though. T Ross not improving at all, Patterson's jumper being completely off and his confidence being shot because of it and our defense being atrocious, at least to me. Other than that I don't really have much complaints.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Turnover ratio has been fantastic so far. They crushed the other team all three games in the turnover battle as well as the points off turnover battle. Valanciunas and DeRozan had been notoriously shaky with the ball, but they've cleaned it up and DeRozan in particular has done more to create turnovers than to commit them himself.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Seems like JV is getting more blocks or maybe just me. JJ didn't self destruct yet.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

psycho t has been surprisingly useful and not a complete sieve on defense

and there's a noticeable confidence the team has which is pretty cool

other that i dunno i can't really say ive been overly impressed with anyone

JV maybe, specifically on defense but who knows since casey still doesn't trust him
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's still early, but Jonas looks more active on defense.

Also, our turnover ratio is 8.7 - best in the nba.

Comment

I'm not a real fan of JJ, but I was pleasantly surprised by how effective he was last night. If he can keep up that kind of stellar on-the-ball defense, and timely offense, I'd say he might be a better fit in the starting unit than Ross.

Comment

Lowry with only 2 Turnovers has been very Calderon-esque. Unfortunately the defense has as well.

Tyler has been great thus far as well. Can't complain about anything Tyler has brought to the team this year.

JJ has been solid as well. Still figuring out his role.

Demars rebounding, if it continues, will be a huge bonus.

Have also been pleasantly surprised by the level headedness around these parts over the first few games. No one getting too high, or too low ... Lol
                Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 3, 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  Nothing really. Everyone is playing how I expected. I have a few negative surprises though. T Ross not improving at all, Patterson's jumper being completely off and his confidence being shot because of it and our defense being atrocious, at least to me. Other than that I don't really have much complaints.
                  Some of Ross' on-ball defense is great, especially defending a drive. He moves his feet fast, stays with his man, contests the shot, and even has a couple blocks in those situations. By the end of the Orlando game their broadcasters were calling him "a great defender."

Overall team defense has not been good, though, in spite of some good moments and nice individual plays. Opp FG% is way too high and teams are scoring too easily. I've seen the Raps ramp up the defensive intensity a few minutes at a time, and it becomes a beautiful thing to watch (esp. against Atlanta), but overall the performance hasn't been there.

DeRozan continues to impress. His game is going to be even more well rounded than last year - career highs in rebounds and steals already, showing a nice post game, and showing that "you can't guard me" attitude against some overmatched defenders. That guy's capable of improving basically whatever he puts his mind to.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Not entirely surprised especially since he publicly stated he was buying and understood his role...but JJ is it for me so far as "pleasant" goes after 3 games. Expectations are high this year compared to last and panic didnt set in until late Nov. However I did expect there would be more crispness in the offense which hasn't happened at all....preseason thru. Just hope we dont experience the type of brickfest that was in Houston last season.

Comment

Demar averaging like 5 rebounds and 3 steals? Crazy

Comment

I'm surprised by the terrible D. The team has shown stretches of good D of course, but overall it's been poor. Amir being out certainly has alot to do with that. The lack of ball movement is surprising too. Those were the things that elevated this team last season, so hopefully the team gets back into that consistently or we will likely lose against more tougher opponents.
                        I'm surprised by James Johnson, specifically his offense and passing. I agree with Nilanka, he may deserve a shot in the starting unit as Ross has shit the bed so far.

Comment

T Ross struggling Hopefully he turns it around,they need him if there gonna go deep.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                          X