Bosh Talks About the Summer After Heat Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Talks About the Summer After Heat Game

Chris Bosh warned teams not to expect a quick decision regarding his future when the July 1 free agency negotiation period opens.

``I think it's going to drag out for a while,'' Bosh said before Sunday's game against the Heat. ``There are so many possibilities and scenarios, with guys staying with their own teams and trying to get other guys [to sign].

``You have to look at combinations and possibilities of what could happen. So I don't expect it to be over too quickly.''
    ``The money is going to be the same, no matter where I go,'' Bosh said. ``It's about winning. I'm finishing my seventh year. Contending for a championship is all I want. I never made it past the first round. I just want to be a contender.''
    Miami Herald

Considering Toronto isn't going to be a contender anytime soon this just further established the inevitable:

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo said he would entertain sign-and-trade proposals if Bosh wants to leave.

Enjoy the next 10 games Raptors fans because it will be the last ones we ever see Bosh in a Raptors uniform.

OK, 14 games if we mysteriously make it into the playoffs.

Comment

Yes, sure looks that way. Shame really.

I still don't understand why Colangelo threw away his only leverage in negotiations ... because I don't think Bosh is giving up that money.

It was a grave mistake to be so open about his willingness to make a sign and trade.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

I don't think it matters. Get something for him or don't get something for him? I think every GM in the league is assuming that he would like to do a S&T if Bosh wants out. He's just stating the obvious.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I don't think it matters. Get something for him or don't get something for him? I think every GM in the league is assuming that he would like to do a S&T if Bosh wants out. He's just stating the obvious.
          I disagree, I think Colangelo could have played hard ball and told every team that he wouldn't consent to a sign and trade.

Bosh only leaves Toronto if he is willing to give up $30+ million. Then wait and see whether he'll do that or not.

I think that gamble is a better risk/reward option than what Colangelo is going to get offered in a sign and trade for Bosh.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

GMs aren't stupid. BC letting Bosh go for nothing is stupid. Other GMs thinking BC would let Bosh go for nothing is stupid. Bosh leaving $30 mil dollars off the table is stupid. I think BC just stated the obvious, otherwise the media would have flared up with, "Is Colangelo really not going to sign and trade Bosh?"

Comment

Bosh isn't going to sign long term in a place he knows he's not going to be happy in. $30M is a lot of money but when other teams can offer him $80M and a championship, which is he going to choose? When the chips are all on the table he's going to pick happiness. He's defined happiness as winning and I think Colangelo has established quiet clearly that he's incapable of making a contender any time soon.

Bosh wants to win. He's going to get paid a ridiculous amount wherever he is. He's got the upper hand. Colangelo has no leverage. Colangelo is the one left empty handed if he plays hardball, Bosh still ends up with a huge guaranteed contract and a dream location(hello, Miami). Colangelo has everything to lose in this, not Bosh. Lose his star player for nothing and then probably go on to lose his job within the year that follows. Of course he's willing to do a S&T. I think it goes without saying across the league, he says it to the media so Casual Joe Fan on the street understands the situation and isn't mislead by something the media misinterpreted.
              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Mar 29, 2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Colangelo's job should be tied to what happens with Chris Bosh.

If Bosh just bolts without an adequate sign and trade, I don''t see one good reason as to why Colangelo should stay as a G.M.

Comment

yes 14 more games to go =D

Comment

I disagree, $30 million is a lot of leverage. It takes a great deal for someone to walk away from that type of money.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                      I disagree, $30 million is a lot of leverage. It takes a great deal for someone to walk away from that type of money.
                      Hedont' Pizza Pizza $50M + Andrea "Hitman or Missman" Bargnani $50M = Stuck in mediocre limbo = A great deal

Fingers crossed, Andrea progresses but right now he's not exactly a selling point and HPP needs no explanation.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Mar 29, 2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

How many NBA players in the last decade have given up $10 million or more in order to play in a better situation?
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

If Colangelo had of played hard ball with Chris Bosh I think the Raptors would have been his most likely destination. There still would been a strong likelihood of him leaving but I believe Toronto would been the most likely individual team to land him.

Without that incentive, the $30 million, I think Miami becomes Chris Bosh's most likely destination. I think Chicago is the second most likely landing spot. Meanwhile, the Raptors stand in third place and the minute NY convinces another free agent to take a max contract they'll pass out Toronto too.

And that doesn't even include the possibility of some team like Houston or Oklahoma getting involved in a sign and trade because they can lap out the Raptors too.
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                            How many NBA players in the last decade have given up $10 million or more in order to play in a better situation?
                            Shaq is the only one I can think of.......... so good point!
                            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Colangelo's job should be tied to what happens with Chris Bosh.

If Bosh just bolts without an adequate sign and trade, I don''t see one good reason as to why Colangelo should stay as a G.M.
                              i disagree, bosh is turning into vc right before he was ready to leave. whining and shit, it's pathetic get the fuck off my team if you don't want to be... ah, for frig sakes bosh you make me so angry i forgot what i was going to say, you pathetic person, you disgust me.

pardon my french.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X