Game #4: OKC Thunder 88 - Toronto Raptors 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirokin wrote: View Post

Also you compared DD to Kobe's success? Kobe had Shaq and Pau lmao not really a fair comparison is it?
    Yeah, Shaq and Pao is the only difference..lmao.

If kobe is the black mamba, demar is the black earthworm.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      If we lose this one, I'll react like FreeLance Stephenson

That made me laugh hard.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well he had Shaq/Bynum, and Gasol for all his championships, there's probably something there. But, Kobe is still a future HOFer, and no matter how much I wish for it, DeMar isn't (yet ).

Comment

Shirokin wrote: View Post
          You're disparaging his ability to get to the line and then act obnoxious when I defend Derozan's ability to get to the line? You act like DD stays at one end crying about calls every play. Also how am I supposed to know about everything you post? I saw this one and responded.

Also you compared DD to Kobe's success? Kobe had Shaq and Pau lmao not really a fair comparison is it?
          I'm not disparaging his ability to get to the line. Read post the post again.

So far he has spent two crucial possessions in 2 of 3 games bitching about non-calls that has led to a three. I find that unacceptable regardless of the number of times it is done.

And I don't blame you for not reading all of my posts, there are nearly 20k of them. But in this case you call out post #27 and ignore post 26 until the Kobe comments.

Oh yeah, regarding Kobe comments.... Why can't i use Kobe as an example? Most of his biggest fans make that comparison regularly on his game. As for Kobe with shaq and gasol, yeah they are great teammates, no doubt. However there are examples of winning and losing with those guys too - especially with Shaq - and it came down to a lack of team ball.

Comment

Bookies say we are -9 favorites vs OKC.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Bookies say we are -9 favorites vs OKC.
              Line opened at -11.5, I'm guessing that Reggie Jackson coming back moved the needle a bit. Apparently Lamb didn't fly with the team so he's definitely not coming back from his back ailment.

I hope we spank them but I also would've liked to see this team at full strength. It's the challenges and adversity that build real winners.
              Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Nov 3, 2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Line opened at -11.5, I'm guessing that Reggie Jackson coming back moved the needle a bit. Apparently Lamb didn't fly with the team so he's definitely coming back from his back ailment.

I hope we spank them but I also would've liked to see this team at full strength. It's the challenges and adversity that build real winners.
                +1 for the bold.. it's why I was considering the Heat game their first real challenge, and despite sticking around with them all game, they still lost in the end. The Raptors are going to beat the below average teams. The real test for them is to beat the teams that are 2nd round contenders.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Whoa man, Demar is at least a rattlesnake
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Game Notes have been updated. Some interesting bits in there!

Probably won't do too much for Demars case to note that he's only 26 points away #4 on Raptors All-Time Scoring List.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      So far he has spent two crucial possessions in 2 of 3 games bitching about non-calls that has led to a three. I find that unacceptable regardless of the number of times it is done.
                      Or he wasn't bitching at all and genuinely got wacked in the head and had to shake it off.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Or he wasn't bitching at all and genuinely got wacked in the head and had to shake it off.
                        Yeah, he bitched vs Atlanta and rolled on floor vs Miami.

But good job ignoring anything positive about DeRozan I comment on.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, he bitched vs Atlanta and rolled on floor vs Miami.

But good job ignoring anything positive about DeRozan I comment on.
                          Lol Thanks?

Nobodies ignoring anything mcHAPPY... Not sure what you want me to say to the few positive bits you're sprinkling in, which are generally served with a large "However".

Its like a kid who gets 90% on a test, and comes home all proud, and all the parents comment on is how he messed up that 10%. It's well and good to sprinkle in your compliments, but regardless of them, I think we all know how you feel about Demar and his game; or aspects of his game, which aren't likely to change drastically. Sometimes he puts up bad shots or makes a silly decisions. I take that to be him learning his role as a leader, and figuring out when and where to take over. Us "Citizens of the District of Derozan" have generally learned to take the good with the bad, and enjoy him as a player regardless. If you need to jump all over every single mistake, or draw back, or bad play, and basically only focus on that, then it must take away from the fun of enjoying the games. So go ahead and say we're "not real Raptors fans", or whatever bullshit it was, but I think its just learning to enjoy the players we have, and taking the good with the bad.

Comment

There should be a separate thread for you guys to bitch at each other about. Getting pretty old.

Back to the point of this thread. OKC is down to 8 guys after Roberson goes down with a foot sprain. Brooklyn are raining buckets on them.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              There should be a separate thread for you guys to bitch at each other about. Getting pretty old.

Back to the point of this thread. OKC is down to 8 guys after Roberson goes down with a foot sprain. Brooklyn are raining buckets on them.
                              Agreed. Anymore carrying on with regards to the Demar-debate can be done in the Demar thread. Unless of course its game related.

What is in the water in OKC?! My goodness. Or are they just making a move for a draft pick while both their stars are still young ... hmmmm....

Comment

I've become convinced that the difference between the real Pro-Derozan people and the critics is not the evaluation of his quality as a player. I think almost everyone agrees about what DeMar is, what he brings to the team, and what his limitations are.

His greatest critics always expect more from him though, and the reasons why aren't entirely clear to me. He's not a player who has a ton of talent that's being wasted, he's getting almost as much from his game as he can. He makes a lot of mental errors, but the ability to be really aware is also a talent that not many players have. As Joey says, we can be able to properly evaluate DeRozan while still enjoying the good he brings to the team.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X