Game #4: OKC Thunder 88 - Toronto Raptors 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Ok Its fun during the game to post here, bitch, complain and rip on players...its kinda what we do when we watch the games with friends.... but some of the comments you guys make are a bit absurd. Sports are sports. There are a trillion permutaions and outcomes to every single game played.

Toronto has been average at best and are 3-1. I'm pretty sure we all see that. Its barely November though. Would anyone here be happier 0-4? Because 0-4 could have happened. It didn't. There are two ways you look at that, and the positive way is basically.... holy shit, toronto was terrible and still came out 2 games over .500. Thats a win baby.

The dust after 20 game sor so will settle and you will know what you have. I'm sure Toronto will be decent, good even. I'm sure Lebron James will be just fine, but he sends his regards and says thank you for your concern. And Kyle Lowry.... if he wasn't hitting the floor, getting crushed in the paint, drawing charges etc I'd be worried. He is, I'm not.

I see where people are coming from, I just hope all the noise is just fun, and not actual worry.
    Fundamentally agree. Am just disappointed at the season start with the expectations of crisp execution after the end of last season. Thats all. Fully aware of the long season and that neither the players nor the mgmt. will allow this level of play to continue for a prolonged period without say.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Fundamentally agree. Am just disappointed at the season start with the expectations of crisp execution after the end of last season. Thats all. Fully aware of the long season and that neither the players nor the mgmt. will allow this level of play to continue for a prolonged period without say.
      The saddest thing for me is that the one thing this team had going for it was continuity.. chemistry should not be an issue, but it appears to me that the team has no cohesion at all.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        The saddest thing for me is that the one thing this team had going for it was continuity.. chemistry should not be an issue, but it appears to me that the team has no cohesion at all.
        Would agree...but still early. The pg position/play as we all know is what makes any team go. We have a relatively abysmal asst. stat. Lowry has been less than his last year self (except for the first game), Lou Williams and GV not upto par and naturally not known for their D. I'll just leave it at that. Its a good thing that JJ is performing as desired and expected. On to the next game!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          It's true, but on the excuse side the team still looks like it's trying to find balance with incorporating new players (Johnson, Williams) and with the increased role expectations of DeMar and JV. DeMar in particular looks like he's trying too hard to be the man instead of letting the game come to him and playing within the team's offense. Hence trying to draw fouls going 1 on 3 rather than making a smart pass.

At the start of the OKC game they mentioned Raps were last in the league for assists? That's not how they played last year.

I think they'll settle down and figure out their roles, and it'll take some time.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            I feel ya buddy. I think they are playing like complete shit. But 3-1 hahaha undeserved, but take it and run. Funny how sports are, they will also play a number of games where they play awesome and lose by a few to a super hot team.

Comment

• Look I wouldnt be too worried right now

Amir Johnson, our glue guy and defensive anchor, is out. He usually clean things up when plays get dirty
              Rather than traditionally having a do it all swing man (John Salmons), we have a good defender in James Johnson and a good sparkplug in Lou Will

Unfortunately, Lou Will has struggled playing with Vasquez on the bench unit. Lou will's game reminds me of Brandon Jennings, and it will take some time for him to mesh with Vasquez

Other than that, we have just been missing open 3s, and thats not such a bad thing. It shows that the system is there, and career decent 3 point shooters just have to get into a rhythm this season and start making them.

When teams start respecting our outside shot a little more, it will open up DD's game and JV's post ups.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching this game and I gotta say a lot of you guys are ripping on Ross for no reason. He had a great game if what you want to see

1) A guy who plays in the team system and moves the ball quickly
                2) Defends and rotates well
                3) Takes shots within the team concept, regardless of result

I'm not as worried about him as I am of DD, who has been absolutely ISO orientated with Bargnani D...those are two things you don't want from one of your leaders.

Comment

• Ross is a ghost

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Ross is a ghost
                    Maybe he has seen one, dude is playing scared with no confidence. I wouldn't have any confidence either if I played on a starting unit as the last option who got the quickest hook, no matter how poorly my teammates played or how good I played.

Comment

Working...
                    X