No announcement yet.

Game #4: OKC Thunder 88 - Toronto Raptors 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reggie Jackson should be back tonight (Monday), and if not tonight I think we'll see him tomorrow in our game.
    http://fansided.com/2014/11/03/reggi...-back-thunder/

He's a firebug. He, Perry Jones, Ibaka, and Adams are enough to give us some trouble if we don't play as a team. So let's play as a team!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Reggie Jackson should be back tonight (Monday), and if not tonight I think we'll see him tomorrow in our game.
      http://fansided.com/2014/11/03/reggi...-back-thunder/

He's a firebug. He, Perry Jones, Ibaka, and Adams are enough to give us some trouble if we don't play as a team. So let's play as a team!
      Good catch. Projected Lineups have been updated.

Comment

If we lose this one, I'll react like FreeLance Stephenson

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If we win, I won't be impressed. If we lose it'll be disappointing
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              If we lose this one, I'll react like FreeLance Stephenson

Haha reminds me of those bop bags that pop right back up when you hit them

Comment

They sucked last night.

Here's to not sucking tomorrow.

Comment

ya, he posted this because the camera's caught him rolling his eyes and basically showing bad body language a few times over the first few games... my guess, already sweet lou isn't liking being a bench riding piner and low option guy on the floor. He had better get it figured out soon.

He can start by making open shots.

Comment

When they play as a team, effing right!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Which is a great cause my fury.

He has experienced the losing of ISO ball both with (last year) and without Rudy (preGay).

I can only see three options:
                      1) he is stupid
                      2) he is selfish
                      3) he is trying too hard.

I'm praying it is #3
                      I know for sure it's not #1. It's a mix and 2 and 3 but the reason I say that is reason #4: he idolizes Kobe. But he ain't Kobe.

DD wants to be the guy that can put the team on his back and make buckets when guys aren't making them. So far it's not a great look for him. But I think it stems from a competitive nature and perhaps thinking he can do more than he actually can at this point.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        I know for sure it's not #1. It's a mix and 2 and 3 but the reason I say that is reason #4: he idolizes Kobe. But he ain't Kobe.

DD wants to be the guy that can put the team on his back and make buckets when guys aren't making them. So far it's not a great look for him. But I think it stems from a competitive nature and perhaps thinking he can do more than he actually can at this point.
                        I think he can be that guy. I want him to be that guy because I think he has the ability to be that guy.

HOWEVER......

There is a huge difference between being that guy every or most every trip down the floor versus picking your spots and being opportunistic.

I want DD to pick his spots and be opportunistic.

Even Kobe has had all of his TEAM success when playing within the context of the team.

No individual should be larger than the team - even MJ failed until he started to rely on and believe in his teammates and system.

Comment

I think he can be that guy. I want him to be that guy because I think he has the ability to be that guy.

HOWEVER......

There is a huge difference between being that guy every or most every trip down the floor versus picking your spots and being opportunistic.

I want DD to pick his spots and be opportunistic.

Even Kobe has had all of his TEAM success when playing within the context of the team.

No individual should be larger than the team - even MJ failed until he started to rely on and believe in his teammates and system.
                          If DD works within the team, he is going to make it easier on himself. Right now he is consistently trying to drive in to a packed lane and he is not getting the benefit of the whistle in these situations. When you force the issue, referees whistle gets very tight. They don't reward players forcing the play every time down the floor and they aren't going to give you every single whistle. They just aren't going to call every foul 3, 4, 5, etc. times in a row or 2 of 3, 3 of 4, etc. trips.

Watching LEague Pass the commercials are NBA produced stuff. One common one of late is LeBron's return to CLeveland. Kind of cliche but whatever, he says something to effect of, "Don't settle for a good shot, find the best shot."

That is all I'm saying in these posts. DD can be a team player and he will be the guy to get the recognition for all the team's success. I don't see the need to force it - other than putting himself in the position to get a max contract.

Comment

If DD works within the team, he is going to make it easier on himself. Right now he is consistently trying to drive in to a packed lane and he is not getting the benefit of the whistle in these situations. When you force the issue, referees whistle gets very tight. They don't reward players forcing the play every time down the floor and they aren't going to give you every single whistle. They just aren't going to call every foul 3, 4, 5, etc. times in a row or 2 of 3, 3 of 4, etc. trips.

Watching LEague Pass the commercials are NBA produced stuff. One common one of late is LeBron's return to CLeveland. Kind of cliche but whatever, he says something to effect of, "Don't settle for a good shot, find the best shot."

That is all I'm saying in these posts. DD can be a team player and he will be the guy to get the recognition for all the team's success. I don't see the need to force it - other than putting himself in the position to get a max contract.
                            10.7 attempts per game and fourth in the league in attempts soo...

I thought he played well this game other than him not passing to Ross on that break and him not getting back on defense that one play although maybe Casey should have fouled so idk about that one either. More underrated aspect about his game last night, really tried hard to get those rebounds, just didn't happen. Was battling hard, especially on the defensive end. His D could have been better, was ball watching to much and Luol got passed him too easily on a few cuts. Him not looking for his team is such a joke, Demar is a guy who really looks for the open three point shooter and PP, Ross and Kyle were not making shots simple as that. Maybe Demar should be a better drive and dish guy, and he has shown flashes of making really great plays, but he doesn't, probably because he'd rather take it himself if he's that close to the rim. Demar pretty much kept us in the game so I can easily look over his flaws, by far the best player last night.

Comment

Shirokin wrote: View Post
                              10.7 attempts per game and fourth in the league in attempts soo...

I thought he played well this game other than him not passing to Ross on that break and him not getting back on defense that one play although maybe Casey should have fouled so idk about that one either. More underrated aspect about his game last night, really tried hard to get those rebounds, just didn't happen. Was battling hard, especially on the defensive end. His D could have been better, was ball watching to much and Luol got passed him too easily on a few cuts. Him not looking for his team is such a joke, Demar is a guy who really looks for the open three point shooter and PP, Ross and Kyle were not making shots simple as that. Maybe Demar should be a better drive and dish guy, and he has shown flashes of making really great plays, but he doesn't, probably because he'd rather take it himself if he's that close to the rim. Demar pretty much kept us in the game so I can easily look over his flaws, by far the best player last night.
                              Exactly. And he is still bitching and whining looking for more whistles quite often forcing the issue. It is not going to happen. That is my point. He is not going to get the whistle every single time which is what he appears to want.

As for your second paragraph, as I said to someone else last night, we likely have different philosophies of how the game should be played.

But this is yet another example of what I'm talking about regarding any criticism on DeRozan. I have two posts where I am explaining how I think he can be a really really good (*gasp* maybe even great) player. Is there any response? Nope. None of the citizens of District of DeRozan have a peep to add to the discussion about the positives. Instead the only reply is calling me out based on his free throw attempts.... which only reinforces my points.
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Nov 3, 2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Exactly. And he is still bitching and whining looking for more whistles quite often forcing the issue. It is not going to happen. That is my point. He is not going to get the whistle every single time which is what he appears to want.

As for your second paragraph, as I said to someone else last night, we likely have different philosophies of how the game should be played.

But this is yet another example of what I'm talking about regarding any criticism on DeRozan. I have two posts where I am explaining how I think he can be a really really good (*gasp* maybe even great) player. Is there any response? Nope. None of the citizens of District of DeRozan have a peep to add to the discussion about the positives. Instead the only reply is calling me out based on his free throw attempts.... which only reinforces my points.
                                You're disparaging his ability to get to the line and then act obnoxious when I defend Derozan's ability to get to the line? You act like DD stays at one end crying about calls every play. Also how am I supposed to know about everything you post? I saw this one and responded.

Also you compared DD to Kobe's success? Kobe had Shaq and Pau lmao not really a fair comparison is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X