Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greivis Vasquez + Lou Williams = Demar Derozan + Rudy Gay 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Its trust too Calgary.... guys aren't trusting each other, you can tell. A lotof wide open looks missed.

And Strippers.
    Agreed.

I think everybody wants to win so bad, that they're just trying to do too much. That's what so much of the recent criticism really boils down to; and I also partly blame DC too. He's a good basketball mind who has to see all the ISO-ball going on, which has got to be eerily reminiscent of last season's Rudy-ball, yet he doesn't seem to be doing anything to inject more team-play into the flow of the offense.

It's on the players to realize that the team plays best when they play is a team. It's on the head coach to make sure there's a system in place that encourages/emphasizes team play, while also penalizing hero-ball (there seems to be zero accountability for players who play hero-ball to the detriment of the team).

I really hope the OKC game is the magic elixir. This team could really really really use a huge blowout win!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      One thing that I've noticed is that the offense seems to lack any creativity or flexibility. They call a play and seem to run it come hell or high water, regardless what the defense is doing. If this play is a JV post-up, the play is run as called, even if JV can't establish the deep post. If this play is a Lowry drive, the play is run as called, even if it becomes a 1-on-3 with Ross wide open. I would much rather the system be geared towards general ball movement, but maybe it's a combination of low-bbiq players and relatively young/inexperienced players, or it's bad coaching, I don't know...
      Agreed. The players seem to lack flexibility or creativity when their first option is taken away. I don't buy the inexperienced players angle, because Lowry and DD are often the biggest culprits. It's not like there isn't ball movement either. There is, but it's simplistic perimeter handoff, reversal type of stuff. Maybe it's Casey not wanting to risk turnovers. I put it more on coaching. Again, not necessarily a bad strategy when we're getting FTs and making them. But really ugly to watch, though. Even the Heat commentators were noticing it.

Comment

GV should try to see value in making other players better, because he won't be getting a more lucrative contract scoring 9 points a game.

Two shoot-first ball handlers in the second unit will eliminate most of the team ball movement. Ironically, GV was a big part of the ball movement synergy, last year.
        (Contract years are weird)
        Last edited by Fair89; Thu Nov 6, 2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I'm not high on Lou Will...yet. He's there to take ISO type shots I guess, and if he hits them like he did against the Celts then it's hard to argue against. But I'd prefer Vasquez. Nonetheless, Ross's ineffectiveness is giving LouWill plenty of opportunity for PT.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            I'm not high on Lou Will...yet. He's there to take ISO type shots I guess, and if he hits them like he did against the Celts then it's hard to argue against. But I'd prefer Vasquez. Nonetheless, Ross's ineffectiveness is giving LouWill plenty of opportunity for PT.

Will c where Lou Will b when the playoff's come,on the bench,his a small guard who can't guard s@!t,not a fan either,T ross should play more,Coach Casey should get his head shake and let the kid play,stop this 20 minutes S@!t,play him more minutes. Yes,his struggling,but if u don't play u can't get out the slump,so play him.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I feel that we should have a second unit were we really emphasize pushing the pace
              Vasquez, Lou Will, JJ, 2Pat and Hansbrough are fast enough to get easy looks in transition
              In the halfcourt, I feel our bench won't work simply because we have no inside presence, so thats why our shots are looking bad

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                Will c where Lou Will b when the playoff's come,on the bench,his a small guard who can't guard s@!t,not a fan either,T ross should play more,Coach Casey should get his head shake and let the kid play,stop this 20 minutes S@!t,play him more minutes. Yes,his struggling,but if u don't play u can't get out the slump,so play him.
                With t ross taking james johnson minutes we could easily be 2-3 instead of 4-1. He hasn't earned anything. If he plays well he'll play. Hes our "fifth starter" and theres plenty of 6th men types on our bench chomping at the bit. If he's not helping us win and coming out flat then its lou or jj's opportunity and if they come out strong he can try again the next game.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

VASQUEZ Last 5 matches:

MIN TC% 3P% ASIST PTS
                  27.4 .532 .520 5.2 16.6

WILLIAMS Last 5 matches:

MIN TC% 3P% ASIST PTS
                  25.4 .386 .357 1.2 15.6

Comment

Same as JV man, when his mental play matches his physical abilities he will see more floor. till then, he needs to sit.

As for Playoff ball and Lou, keep in mind, the big guys you speak about have to keep Lou in front of then too..... so it goes both ways. I like this guy, I think he is a major plus.

Comment

Working...
                    X