Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade on DeRozan and Toronto (Perception)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade on DeRozan and Toronto (Perception)

mike ganterverified account ‏@mike_ganter

wade on demar: "he's one of the best two guards in league. Only reason people don't talk about him more is because he plays in toronto."
    ouch!

It's true. One "successful" season doesn't mean shit. Win 50 games get to the second round then listen to them talk.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      It's true. One "successful" season doesn't mean shit. Win 50 games get to the second round then listen to them talk.
      Tbh I don't even think that's good enough.

If we want "respect" we need to win 50+ and get to the ECF, then give Cleveland or Chicago or whoever a serious run for their money. Basically what Indiana did.

Comment

Wade is a moron. Him and Lebron dressing like zoolander the last 5 years. Prima Donna. Don't really look at him as an expert on anything.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wade is telling it like it is. Whether he's a moron or not has nothing to do with this. DeRozan plays for one of the leagues worst franchises; historically speaking.

They've had similar seasons to last season only to follow it up with mediocrity. It will take years of winning consistently to remove the stench off this franchise. The Raptors deserve no respect, they been complete losers most of the time.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the whole point of We The North:

Who the f~ck cares what Wade or anybody else thinks about Toronto as an NBA destination?

Masai, Lowry, Amir, Derozan et. al. get that.... and that's just one of the many reasons why fans love this team.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Wade is telling it like it is. Whether he's a moron or not has nothing to do with this. DeRozan plays for one of the leagues worst franchises; historically speaking.

They've had similar seasons to last season only to follow it up with mediocrity. It will take years of winning consistently to remove the stench off this franchise. The Raptors deserve no respect, they been complete losers most of the time.

I didn't interpret it like this.

I interpreted as a slight on Toronto/Canada.

Reality is this - which I've always said/thought as well - Raptors are a horrible franchise, historically speaking.

In other words, this is the correct interpretation, me thinks.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Nov 3, 2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                seriously. remember when denver had a 57 win season just 2 years ago? who cares now. even when the knicks had a 50 win season they're still a giant joke. success needs to be consistent or else no one remembers random fluke seasons.

Comment

I say it and I am a whining Conspircy theorist.

Wade confirms it and he's blowing your minds.

Come on guys....get a grip, this isn't new.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    That's the whole point of We The North:

Who the f~ck cares what Wade or anybody else thinks about Toronto as an NBA destination?

Masai, Lowry, Amir, Derozan et. al. get that.... and that's just one of the many reasons why fans love this team.
                    Because for some reason some people feel like they need to be heralded or recognized by all.

Look at the Spurs. They're one of the greatest, if not the greatest franchise of the last 15 years. They're as close to a dynasty as you're gonna see in this modern era yet they're not talked about 24/7 and you don't hear about superstars expressing their desire to play there and you don't hear about rumours of S&T for FA stars very often if ever. Why is that? Well it's because modern era basketball culture is driven by image. Gotta get that big sneaker deal, gotta get that big stat line above team success, gotta be replayed on ESPN all day every day or I'm wasting my career. This is the culture and I am thankful it hasn't infected the NFL or NHL(for the most part). You know who else it hasn't infected? The Spurs. They don't give a shit that people aren't licking their boots 24/7, they seem to thrive with the relative lack of attention in comparison to the level of success. The Spurs have the answers to ALL of the Raptors problems and the sheer fact that they can win it with a Tim Duncan outside of his former superstar Hall of famer level of play should be encouraging.

Comment

hahaha take Duncan, a freak pick in mau and parker outta the equation and put the spurs in canada...then lets talk.

Comment

He is trying to recruit Demar folks without actually saying it.

Comment

We knew this already
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Who gives a shit what Wade thinks anyways?
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Who gives a shit what Wade thinks anyways?
                              unfortunately lots of people, future hall of famer with 3 rings does speak volume and leave impression on other players whatever he is right or isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X