2014-2015 Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA.com

Number 4! Behind only Golden State, Houston and Memphis.

Toronto (6-1)
    Pace: 97.1 (10), OffRtg: 109.4 (3), DefRtg: 99.9 (7), NetRtg: +9.5 (3)
    With no Bradley Beal, we didn't get an answer on the better-backcourt question, but the Raptors' easy win over the Wizards on Friday was a good way to start a seven-game homestand. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan have been consistently good, but Terrence Ross' 3-point shooting (8-for-13 over the weekend) is more noteworthy.
    This week: vs. ORL, vs. CHI, vs. UTA
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Pace: 97.1 (10), OffRtg: 109.4 (3), DefRtg: 99.9 (7), NetRtg: +9.5 (3)
      Those stats though! Man oh man! Thing of beauty!!

Comment

According to Hollinger's Power Rankings, which are more stat based, we are #3 in the League.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Comment

Marc Steins ESPN Power Rankings has us at #4 as well -

Marc Stein wrote:
          Pretty productive week, eh? Kyle Lowry moved into the franchise lead in triple-doubles with four, weekend routs of the Wizards and Sixers hiked the Raps to 6-0 with Amir Johnson in the lineup ... and the demolition of Washington made for a loud statement. Even with Bradley Beal absent.
          Source

Comment

thats media love.

Comment

I'm looking forward to our thursday matchup on TNT. Really wanna see what the panel has to say about us.

Comment

Sports Illustrated bumped us up from 15 last week to 3 this week, ahead of even the Rockets:

Matt Dollinger wrote:
                Few teams have looked better than Toronto, both in a basketball and fashion sense. With Drake sitting courtside at home games, it was only a matter of time until the Raptors became front-runners. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan make up the best backcourt outside of Golden State.

Comment

It feels good.

No more bitching about us not getting love anymore.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

see...we just needed to consistently win to get attention.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Wait till we beat Chicago in front of a TNT audience going to 8-1 for best record in the league, and having a 2.0 lead on 1st seed in east.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        #whitegirlproblems
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

CBS has us at #4:

Have you seen them play at home? It's like when you go to a friend's house and he asks you to play a new game, which he's already mastered. You barely know the rules and he's leveled up like 10 times.

Comment

I think those CBS Power Rankings are going to be my go-to's. The Raptors blurb is good, but my personal favourite is Indiana's:

Awwww, great job champ. (Awkwardly ruffles the Pacers' hair while the team sits in the hospital.)

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Wait till we beat Chicago in front of a TNT audience going to 8-1 for best record in the league, and having a 2.0 lead on 1st seed in east.
                              LIKE!

Also, Chuck is going to go on a pro Toronto rant so that should be fun
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                                I'm not ok with it, we are better then Washington and we proved that. Their team did not improve at all this off season. Chi town at number 3 is a complete joke, i still have no clue why everyone thinks this team will be so good. The expectations of D Rose after his last injury laughable. Remember how he injured it, yeah same shit as Brendan Roy the guys done. I see 3 teams on that list that i think we would not be able to beat in a 7 games series San Antonio, The clippers, and GSW
                                yeah i still stand by this

Comment

Working...
                                X