2014-2015 Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Right, but what "good teams" have we beat?
    Washington and Atlanta. Two playoff teams last year and most likely this year as well. You could also stretch it to Boston as well (only on comparison since they beat the Bulls).

The Bulls haven't played any previous playoff teams and have actually had a much easier schedule then us. Only tough match up wad Cleveland and they lost that.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Hollinger Ranking November 16th, 2014
      Last Ranking (Nov. 14th): 4th
      Today's Ranking: 4th

Yesterday's Conference Ranking: 1st
      Today's Conference Ranking: 1st

Top 5
      Warriors
      Blazers
      Mavs
      Raptors
      Rockets

Rockets and Blazers swap position. Warriors, Rockets, Raptors only teams to be in top 5 all season. Warriors the only team to be 1 or 2 all season. It'll be curious how long they can remain in the top 3.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        Hollinger Ranking November 16th, 2014
        Last Ranking (Nov. 14th): 4th

Top 5
        Warriors
        Blazers
        Mavs
        Raptors
        Rockets

Rockets and Blazers swap position. Warriors, Rockets, Raptors only teams to be in top 5 all season. Warriors the only team to be 1 or 2 all season. It'll be curious how long they can remain in the top 3.
        Its helpful that all our loses are by less than 10 points, and we have a 40 point blow out of a d-league team. I'm not sure that I would necessarily say that the Raptors have been 4th best in the NBA this season as we are still very inconsistent.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

agreed

Comment

Heat lost to Bucks at home. Guess that only helps the cause... I really don't wanna get caught up in these weekly rankings this year though, it's only for show. Only way this season is "successful" is if we make it to second round.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Heat lost to Bucks at home. Guess that only helps the cause... I really don't wanna get caught up in these weekly rankings this year though, it's only for show. Only way this season is "successful" is if we make it to second round.
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me. Americans paying attention to us and stuff matters alright! Outsiders opinions and judgements are how I get by! Media is dumb and stuff. But we need its approval.

Did I justify it well enough?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me. Americans paying attention to us and stuff matters alright! Outsiders opinions and judgements are how I get by! Media is dumb and stuff. But we need its approval.

Did I justify it well enough?
                Haha... don't get me wrong, I love the hype as much as the next guy... I just know, as I'm sure you do, we don't need weekly validation! It's nothin' to hold our hats on

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Haha... don't get me wrong, I love the hype as much as the next guy... I just know, as I'm sure you do, we don't need weekly validation! It's nothin' to hold our hats on
                  Since we cant skip straight to the second round, we'll have to get by on weekly rankings
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Since we cant skip straight to the second round, we'll have to get by on weekly rankings
                    I think I'm just sour on this cause I'm a big NFL fan... Those rankings just piss me the hell off for the most part! Unless the Cowboys are #1, of course hehehe

Comment

Hollinger Ranking November 17th, 2014
                      Last Ranking (Nov. 16th): 4th

Top 5
                      Warriors
                      Mavs
                      Blazers
                      Raptors
                      Rockets

Mavs and Blazers swap position.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Its helpful that all our loses are by less than 10 points, and we have a 40 point blow out of a d-league team. I'm not sure that I would necessarily say that the Raptors have been 4th best in the NBA this season as we are still very inconsistent.
                        I agree that it's difficult to say we are the 4th best team in the league. Although, however I would say that (so far) we are the best team in the East. If the 7 out of the first 10 games against the same opponent from the East I'm sure we would have won at least 4 of them. Does that project into the future? No, of course not, but I do think it's a useful tool in evaluating where we are at. Even if it's meaningless, I do like the idea of being in the top 5 of an automated power ranking.

Comment

Head to head got manhandled by Chicago.

I can't put them above the Bulls if I'm ranking.... but still.....just behind um.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            I agree that it's difficult to say we are the 4th best team in the league. Although, however I would say that (so far) we are the best team in the East. If the 7 out of the first 10 games against the same opponent from the East I'm sure we would have won at least 4 of them. Does that project into the future? No, of course not, but I do think it's a useful tool in evaluating where we are at. Even if it's meaningless, I do like the idea of being in the top 5 of an automated power ranking.
                            From a power rankings standpoint, I'd probably have them behind Cleveland right now. Cleveland looks like they've figured it out and has been terrifying offensively the last couple of games. But that's on a "who would be the toughest team to play right now" level of power rankings more than a "who's actually been the best all year" level.

I would not have them behind Chicago. Chicago looked great against Cleveland and Toronto and terrible against teams like Indiana and Boston.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Beating Memphis should do wonders to our Power Ranking
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Raps now 8th on Stein's rankings.

I think that's more realistic too.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X