2014-2015 Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Weird. Yesterday, our odds were slightly higher at 37.5%. I wonder what changed during an off-day....
    Other teams change. The odds are determined by running a simulation 1000 times (or some such high number) and every team interacts with all the others. So one of the teams we'd have to play in the finals got slightly luckier in one of the simulations because of last night's results.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Other teams change. The odds are determined by running a simulation 1000 times (or some such high number) and every team interacts with all the others. So one of the teams we'd have to play in the finals got slightly luckier in one of the simulations because of last night's results.
      Yeah, plus it uses the Hollinger Power Rankings as a starting point, so every change to those rankings affects the simulations. For example, even though we didn't play last night, our rating dropped from 110.578 to 110.496. Probably because one of our quality win teams (Washington) as well as one of our quality loss teams (Chicago) lost last night, which weakens our SoS slightly. And Cleveland dipped in its ranking, too (probably because its best win (@Chicago) lost some of its lustre last night, with another Chicago loss).
      Last edited by octothorp; Wed Nov 26, 2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Rankings is nice,but I rather c this team in the Final

P.S

Matt Moore & Hollinger suck balls..don't pay attention 2 those clowns.
        I only listen 2 Sir Charles
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 1st, 2014
          Last Ranking Update (Nov. 26th): 1st
          Today's Ranking: 4th

Last Conference Ranking: 1st
          Today's Conference Ranking: 1st

Top 5

Warriors
          Spurs
          Grizz
          Raptors
          Mavs

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Raps drop all the way down to 4th, with Grizz and Spurs cracking the top 3.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Raptors come crashing down to 9th in Stein's ESPN rankings:
            http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/5

They are 7th in SI's rankings:
            http://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/01/nba...cavaliers-west

NBA.com has them 6th:
            http://www.nba.com/2014/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6e

Not a good week.

This week's going to be tough as well:
            @Sac - Tuesday
            @Utah - Wednesday
            Cleveland - Friday

Need to go 3-0 to move up the rankings. A single loss and I expect another drop in the rankings.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Raptors come crashing down to 9th in Stein's ESPN rankings:
              http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/5

They are 7th in SI's rankings:
              http://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/01/nba...cavaliers-west

NBA.com has them 6th:
              http://www.nba.com/2014/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6e

Not a good week.

This week's going to be tough as well:
              @Sac - Tuesday
              @Utah - Wednesday
              Cleveland - Friday

Need to go 3-0 to move up the rankings. A single loss and I expect another drop in the rankings.
              Aside from a couple losses, losing your only All-Star will knock you down in most rankings.

It was easy to get pretty high during the first month of the season as a fan, but this is a good reality check. It's a long season, and the real benchmark for success will still be getting this team past the first round. Once you do that, your next goal is Conference Finals, and you're well on your way for a team this young.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Aside from a couple losses, losing your only All-Star will knock you down in most rankings.

It was easy to get pretty high during the first month of the season as a fan, but this is a good reality check. It's a long season, and the real benchmark for success will still be getting this team past the first round. Once you do that, your next goal is Conference Finals, and you're well on your way for a team this young.
                Yeah.. the only real goal in my opinion is to get to the 2nd round. Regular season goal is to just get into the playoffs. Of course development is key as well.. not just for Ross/JV but to the team. They need to learn how to win. How to come back from behind. How to keep a lead going. How to win on the road. How to handle adversary when a key player is injured, etc.

A few losses here and there are expected. Just happy when the team is doing well, and I hope they will be mentioned in the top 10 of the weekly power rankings going forward despite DeMar's injury.

Comment

• raptors drop to 6!

Comment

• Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 3rd, 2014
                    Last Ranking Update (Dec. 1st, 2014): 4th
                    Today's Ranking: 2nd

Top 5

Warriors
                    Raptors
                    Grzz
                    Clippers
                    Spurs

Raps are bumped up two spots to number two. Mavs are pushed out of the top five. Clippers make their first appearance of the season in the top 5.
                    Last edited by ezz_bee; Thu Dec 4, 2014, 09:27 AM.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 4th, 2014
                      Last Ranking Update (Dec. 3rd): 2nd
                      Today's Ranking: 1st

Top 5

Raptors
                      Warriors
                      Grizz
                      Clippers
                      Mavs

Raps reclaim the top spot(!!!) by swapping places with the Warriors, the Mavs and Spurs also swap, leaving San Antonia outside the top 5 looking in.

NBA Standings:
                      Wins: Tied for first with Memphis and Golden State
                      Losses: Tied for third with Houston and Portland
                      Winning %: Third
                      Last edited by ezz_bee; Sat Dec 6, 2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 6th, 2014
                        Last Ranking Update (Dec. 4th): 1st

Top 5

Warriors
                        Raptors
                        Clippers
                        Grizz
                        Spurs

Raptors and Warriors swap spots. Clips are in the top 3 for the first time.

Standings wise, we are now only 1 game up on the Wizards and tied in the loss column.
                        Last edited by ezz_bee; Sat Dec 6, 2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 6th, 2014
                          Last Ranking Update (Dec. 4th): 1st

Top 5

Warriors
                          Raptors
                          Clippers
                          Grizz
                          Spurs

Raptors and Warriors swap spots. Clips are in the top 3 for the first time.

Standings wise, we are now only 1 game up on the Wizards and tied in the loss column.
                          It's to early for standings to matter yet. Around February is when things get heated.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                            I'm not ok with it, we are better then Washington and we proved that. Their team did not improve at all this off season. Chi town at number 3 is a complete joke, i still have no clue why everyone thinks this team will be so good. The expectations of D Rose after his last injury laughable. Remember how he injured it, yeah same shit as Brendan Roy the guys done. I see 3 teams on that list that i think we would not be able to beat in a 7 games series San Antonio, The clippers, and GSW
                            yes its a bit different when demars goes down but he will be back and be fine

Comment

• Hollinger Ranking Update: Dec. 8th, 2014
                              Last Ranking Update (Dec. 6th): 1st
                              Today's Ranking: 4th

Top 5

Warriors
                              Clippers
                              Grizz
                              Raptors
                              Spurs

Comment

• cleveland beat us and are now officially above us in steins power rankings at 8th (we remain at 9th )
                                Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Dec 11, 2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X