No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Raptors Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shitty part is that Atlanta, playing the way they are, is still gonna have the chance to swaps picks with Brooklyn. Which means they can add a lottery pick to their already stellarly performing lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Shitty part is that Atlanta, playing the way they are, is still gonna have the chance to swaps picks with Brooklyn. Which means they can add a lottery pick to their already stellarly performing lineup

Millsap is gonna get PAID though
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        Shitty part is that Atlanta, playing the way they are, is still gonna have the chance to swaps picks with Brooklyn. Which means they can add a lottery pick to their already stellarly performing lineup

There's an old story about two bulls, a father and son, standing on a hill overlooking some cows. The son says "Why don't we run down there and f*** one of those cows?". The father said, "Why don't we walk down there and f*** them all?". Patience young grasshopper Atlanta will get to swap their pick for a low level lottery pick but they had to give up an "all star" to do it. Next year we will get to keep our pick and get a low level (or maybe not so low) lottery pick and we didn't give up quite as much.

Comment

• http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/i...-playoff-odds/

New stuffs to look at for stat guy. Power ratings and Playoff odds. Good thing is, we're at 100% to make playoffs and project to win 50.4 games!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            How are the Hawks better than the Raps when we've beat them twice already? The ignorance is astounding...
            insane how fast things can slide.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              insane how fast things can slide.
              The Hollinger rankings now have us at 12, behind the Pelicans, and Stein has us at 13. We need to tighten up pretty much everything.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                The Hollinger rankings now have us at 12, behind the Pelicans, and Stein has us at 13. We need to tighten up pretty much everything.
                back up to 6th spot!

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  I was reading the Bucks newspaper preview for tonight's game and I was a bit surprised to see that the raps are 10-11 against teams with a winning record. On the plus side, it means they are 23-4 against teams less than .500 and many have said a reasonable goal is to beat the bad teams and play .500 against the good ones. Still, that 10-11 mark is a bit disconcerting.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I was reading the Bucks newspaper preview for tonight's game and I was a bit surprised to see that the raps are 10-11 against teams with a winning record. On the plus side, it means they are 23-4 against teams less than .500 and many have said a reasonable goal is to beat the bad teams and play .500 against the good ones. Still, that 10-11 mark is a bit disconcerting.
                    This this this this this this this! For everybody who says Casey and the Raps are fine because the W/L record looks good, they need to realize how much the Raps are benefitting from being in a terrible, terrible Eastern Conference right now. This conference basically has 5 good teams only, and a couple of those would be fighting for an 8th seed in the West. If the Raps were in the Western Conference, playing .500 against winning teams, they would not have a 33-15 record. Heck anywhere other than the Atlantic, where they're 9-0, they'd likely lose a couple wins.

The record is not an excuse for the defensive flaws this team has.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't understand what's disconcerting about this. The Raptors are not an elite team expecting to compete for a Championship, so I don't know if you were expecting a winning record against playoff teams. I think that record demonstrates that the Raptors are better than sub-500 teams and competitive with good teams, which is fine for where they are at in their development. I would be more concerned if they had a losing record against .500+ teams, but they don't really.

Comment

• wait a minute, raptors play in the east? NO WAY.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                          I don't understand what's disconcerting about this. The Raptors are not an elite team expecting to compete for a Championship, so I don't know if you were expecting a winning record against playoff teams. I think that record demonstrates that the Raptors are better than sub-500 teams and competitive with good teams, which is fine for where they are at in their development. I would be more concerned if they had a losing record against .500+ teams, but they don't really.
                          What it relates to is more and more comments that are using the W/L record as a counter-argument for criticisms of the coaching, the defense, and individual players.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I posted this in another thread where this was referenced, but it belongs here too: After Atlanta and Golden State, the next 11 teams all have a mediocre record against teams above .500.

Memphis is 13-10.
                            Chicago is 13-10.
                            San Antonio is 13-12.
                            Clippers are 11-12.
                            Toronto is 10-11.
                            Cleveland is 11-12.
                            Phoenix is 11-12.
                            Washington is 10-12.
                            Houston is 10-12.
                            Dallas is 11-13.
                            Portland is 10-13.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              I posted this in another thread where this was referenced, but it belongs here too: After Atlanta and Golden State, the next 11 teams all have a mediocre record against teams above .500.

Memphis is 13-10.
                              Chicago is 13-10.
                              San Antonio is 13-12.
                              Clippers are 11-12.
                              Toronto is 10-11.
                              Cleveland is 11-12.
                              Phoenix is 11-12.
                              Washington is 10-12.
                              Houston is 10-12.
                              Dallas is 11-13.
                              Portland is 10-13.
                              I don't think this really changes the point of East vs. West. It's easier to be a weak team and be above .500 in the East than it is in the West. East teams are playing each other more, so you're building a similar or worse W-L record against weaker 0.500 teams. If anything, this makes the argument stronger that the Rap are feasting on dregs.

I mean, you only need to look at the Atlantic division. It's been horrible for years, but it seems to be reaching historic levels of ineptness, except for the Raps, this season. And the Raps are the only "elite' team that gets to play each of those guys 4 times. That's a pretty nice advantage that no other winning team in the league can boast.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                What it relates to is more and more comments that are using the W/L record as a counter-argument for criticisms of the coaching, the defense, and individual players.
                                unless you think we're supposed to be good as golden state, the stat is FINE.

we're a team that made the playoffs just ONCE in the past forever, and all of a sudden we're supposed to be some elite team that should be able to beat all the best teams in the league? come on.

the best team in the east thats performing against greater than .500 teams is atlanta who are basically playing like the best team in the league right now.

outside of that, its chicago and they're only 13-10. thats not exactly elite looking. we have a better record against winning teams than washington and cleveland.

out in the west, there are ONLY 2 teams who have a winning record against .500 teams and thats golden state and memphis, who are both obviously considered contenders. everyone else has a losing record (vs .500 teams).

not sure why thats such a huge concern right now for the raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X