Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Game Thread: Toronto vs Boston-Nov 5th (TOR 110 - BOS 107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    He is taking shots we've seen him hit 100x, and seen him miss 200x. That's why he shouldn't be taking the shot.

I'm not advocating for less shots for DD but better shots. His drive and foul game is driven by his jumpers he takes off screens - gets the defence lunging at him. I've rarely seen him draw a foul with his ridiculous one on one play. He is so much better in motion and off screens. He's a much better shooter set (he's ridiculously inefficient on the pull-up jumper) and can do real damage against a defence that is moving when he catches the ball.
    Lol nailed it.

I was actually kind of pissed when he made that ridiculous circus layup last night, in the third quarter I think, against Jeff Green maybe. Those are the kinds of shots that are missed 9 times out of 10, but the one time it goes in, it's super impressive and sticks in people's minds.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I learned to live with those shots. I learned to accept that people will hate him for it. Closest I've been to Zen.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I learned to live with those shots. I learned to accept that people will hate him for it. Closest I've been to Zen.
        'How does a Derozan circus layup make you feel?' is the new 'What's the sound of one hand clapping?'
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Hopefully after this game people remember how much more valuable lowry has consistently been than derozan since the gay trade turnaround.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Hopefully after this game people remember how much more valuable lowry has consistently been than derozan since the gay trade turnaround.
            I don't really understand the need to constantly pit one against the other. We have one of the best Back-court duos in the league; why does it have to then be a competition of "who's more valuable". Its fine to say Lowry is the better player, but the way you pose this point, it just seems like you're looking to slight Demar, in order to boost up Lowry. Which just isn't needed. Lowry is awesome. No ones ever questioned that around here.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              I don't really understand the need to constantly pit one against the other. We have one of the best Back-court duos in the league; why does it have to then be a competition of "who's more valuable". Its fine to say Lowry is the better player, but the way you pose this point, it just seems like you're looking to slight Demar, in order to boost up Lowry. Which just isn't needed. Lowry is awesome. No ones ever questioned that around here.
              I think what's important is that the team needs to understand it. We play better Lowry's in command, rather than when he's DeFerring a little bit.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Lol nailed it.

I was actually kind of pissed when he made that ridiculous circus layup last night, in the third quarter I think, against Jeff Green maybe. Those are the kinds of shots that are missed 9 times out of 10, but the one time it goes in, it's super impressive and sticks in people's minds.
                Lowry has also hit a few nutty circus shots this season already too.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  I think what's important is that the team needs to understand it. We play better Lowry's in command, rather than when he's DeFerring a little bit.
                  Exactly. The last 3 minutes of the game i was constantly shouting "run a play or take it kyle! DONT hand it to derozan! It wasn't the first game I've found myself saying that either.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. The last 3 minutes of the game i was constantly shouting "run a play or take it kyle! DONT hand it to derozan! It wasn't the first game I've found myself saying that either.
                    I know it's so annoying, he does the same shit all the time he gets a screen and goes iso vs whoever is guarding him and Jacks up a contested jump shot
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Where the Washington Game thread?

C'mon Joey...get on it. What do you have? A job or something?! There's already a shirt for tonight

Comment

• We need the Washington Game thread
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          This guy, along with a few others, is obsessed with knocking down DeMar. It's way way beyond "I'm allowed to criticize", smh. Obsession with knocking down a star, that's dedicated to the team, and improving all the time, is beyond reasonable understanding. Pretty twisted imo, but to each his/her own way of getting jollies.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            C'mon Joey...get on it. What do you have? A job or something?! There's already a shirt for tonight

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            We need the Washington Game thread
                            Sorry guys, Game Thread is up!

Takes a bit of time to set them up y'know! Gotta make em with love!

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                              This guy, along with a few others, is obsessed with knocking down DeMar. It's way way beyond "I'm allowed to criticize", smh. Obsession with knocking down a star, that's dedicated to the team, and improving all the time, is beyond reasonable understanding. Pretty twisted imo, but to each his/her own way of getting jollies.
                              Lol settle down big boy im not attacking your hero. I want him to succeed because he's a toronto raptor and i love this team. Im saying that it seems as though the best thing for his game to reach he next level would be to become more of a facilitator. You know, so we can win and stuff.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Im saying that it seems as though the best thing for his game to reach he next level would be to become more of a facilitator. You know, so we can win and stuff.
                                With 6 assists the last game, and 4+ all of last season, I think Demar has found a nice balance actually.
                                As has been pointed out, if guys were actually hitting their shots through the first few games, Demar would have had right around his 4-5 average. Perfectly acceptable in my books for a guy who should be our #1a/b on Offense.

But anywho, theres a Demar thread. Here's hoping the Game Thread doesn't get hijacked by this same old conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X