Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Game Thread: Toronto vs Boston-Nov 5th (TOR 110 - BOS 107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Lol settle down big boy im not attacking your hero. I want him to succeed because he's a toronto raptor and i love this team. Im saying that it seems as though the best thing for his game to reach he next level would be to become more of a facilitator. You know, so we can win and stuff.
    I don't look toward athletes as heroes, nor do I need any settling down from the likes of you. Otherwise, nice little speech, though it doesn't come close to touching on your "I'm saying" that Joey and me responded to. Focus, grasshopper.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      With 6 assists the last game, and 4+ all of last season, I think Demar has found a nice balance actually.
      As has been pointed out, if guys were actually hitting their shots through the first few games, Demar would have had right around his 4-5 average. Perfectly acceptable in my books for a guy who should be our #1a/b on Offense.

But anywho, theres a Demar thread. Here's hoping the Game Thread doesn't get hijacked by this same old conversation.
      I dont care what the stats say, i have the eye test. He nearly shot us out of the last game. Best shot available. Best shot available. Best. Shot. Available.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• what if timing is off on the offensive set and guys aren't open....what if the defence has good lane coverage.

you know there might be more going on than you know Keon. Maybe not...but maybe.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Which stats?
          I am going through each game and counting the number of shots taken from ISO or from within the team system. I am also counting the number of passes a player makes (and assists), just to see how much a player is moving the ball. I am also evaluating whether or not the shot is a good or bad and the number of makes/misses/TO's/FT awarded.

I also have Transition and Offensive Board categories as those fall in neither ISO or System basketball.

Currently almost through the first 2 games and there are some patterns already emerging.

Most notably is the absolute lack of touches Valanciunas sees. Considering how much of an advantage he can be, and how easily putting it in to him can start rotating the D and get us wide open shots, I don't know how we use him so little. Need to start a #FreeJV asap.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I am going through each game and counting the number of shots taken from ISO or from within the team system. I am also counting the number of passes a player makes (and assists), just to see how much a player is moving the ball. I am also evaluating whether or not the shot is a good or bad and the number of makes/misses/TO's/FT awarded.

I also have Transition and Offensive Board categories as those fall in neither ISO or System basketball.

Currently almost through the first 2 games and there are some patterns already emerging.

Most notably is the absolute lack of touches Valanciunas sees. Considering how much of an advantage he can be, and how easily putting it in to him can start rotating the D and get us wide open shots, I don't know how we use him so little. Need to start a #FreeJV asap.
            Consider checking out the NBA.com player tracking info. They track player passes, touches, shot data (defended, undefended, shot clock status, etc).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh gawd, not another free JV investigation. We're 5-1, and the problems have been DEFENSE, not offense. JV is showing great improvement so far on defense, which is where the team needs him involved the most while he continues to build up his stamina, which has been an obvious obstacle for him. That's my opinion, but it's taking into account that this coaching staff is trying to build a defense first culture, and a dominant defensive C would be a huge part of that.

That said, it doesn't take detailed analysis to see that his involvement on the offensive end has been growing each year, though all we have is 4.5 games of this year to "analyze". Maybe wait for a bigger sample size to do this? But, his FGAs per MP have gone up each year, and his FTs are way up this year. Those basic numbers, along with the eye test, say the team is in fact working on making him a bigger part of the offense. Patience, and the team will have an awesome TWO way C. As it is, his offensive involvement is slowly increasing, while still leaving him the energy to work hard on the defensive end, where the team has been lacking. I don't see the problem.

Comment

• JV is not ready to create plays from the post. You sort of just know when you give it to him there, he is going to go for a shot.

I care way more about his defensive growth. He had 2 quick fouls against washington, but then didnt foul the rest of the game, grabbed key rebounds, and anchored our defence even after Amir had to leave. Even those 2 fouls he did pick up, I think he was more or less vertical and so he is showing very strong fundamentals, similar to what makes Amir so elite.

JV will continue to swallow boards, play strong man-defence, and when the opposing defence is playing the perimeter too tightly, he will hit the post-up moves with good efficiencies. He has shown good hands so far, very few turnovers, and he is hitting his freethrows. I think he will average a double double this season, and I don't really care how many points, because if he keeps doing what he has been doing so far, what will count is the wins produced.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Consider checking out the NBA.com player tracking info. They track player passes, touches, shot data (defended, undefended, shot clock status, etc).
                  I have, unfortunately the player tracking data doesn't count good shot vs bad shot. Also the way they track passes is total caught and total passes.

I am just tracking how many times they passed to help determine how much the ball is sticking to them. Let's just say that TRoss and DD have the similar passing numbers within the system, yet DD is on a whole different level when it comes to how many touches he gets.

Basically our offense runs (to no surprise) through the PG (KL+GV) > PF (AJ+PP) > DD >>>>>> JJ >> Ross > JV

Through the first couple games the offense from our starters has essentially been 3v5

Comment

• WE HAVE A FUCKING TOP FIVE OFFENSE ATM.

As much as people want to complain about DD's chucking and JV's lack of 20 shots per game. Our offence is MORE than fine atm.

It's defense that needs to pick up, it's below average atm.

Comment

• I'm honesty not concerned about anything on the court just yet. This team has played awful, yet is off to the best start in franchise history.

Yes there are plenty of things that need improvement (defence disappeared, offence shaky, mental laziness), but this team knows how to play better (proved it last year) and they will find a way to get going. Maybe the Washington game is the catalyst, maybe it takes another 5-10 games, but I couldn't care less about an extra 5 losses in the regular season. Be ready, strong and peak at playoffs.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                        WE HAVE A FUCKING TOP FIVE OFFENSE ATM.

As much as people want to complain about DD's chucking and JV's lack of 20 shots per game. Our offence is MORE than fine atm.

It's defense that needs to pick up, it's below average atm.
                        A LOT of that offensive efficiency is driven by our record low turnovers, which will probably regress to the norm soon.

Yes, our defence needs to pick up.

But the offence has issues, even if we've been overcoming them in a big way with no turnovers and crazy FTA totals.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

A LOT of that offensive efficiency is driven by our record low turnovers, which will probably regress to the norm soon.

Yes, our defence needs to pick up.

But the offence has issues, even if we've been overcoming them in a big way with no turnovers and crazy FTA totals.
                          Our assists are also much lower than they were last season so I'm not sure how that means anything. Yes the offence is not perfect, but the PRIMARY and most significant issue right now is defense. Anyone who wants to argue against that is using clown logic.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                            Our assists are also much lower than they were last season so I'm not sure how that means anything. Yes the offence is not perfect, but the PRIMARY and most significant issue right now is defense. Anyone who wants to argue against that is using clown logic.
                            Uh, sure, but there can be more than one issue. We are all I'm sure intellectually capable of discussing more than one thing.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Uh, sure, but there can be more than one issue. We are all I'm sure intellectually capable of discussing more than one thing.
                              Sometimes I wonder....
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X