Wizards Raptors
    PG John Wall PG Kyle Lowry
    SG Garrett Temple SG Demar Derozan
    SF Paul Pierce SF Terrence Ross
    PF Nene PF Patrick Patterson
    C Marcin Gortat C Jonas Valanciunas
    Last Time we Met:
    GAME #58 - FEBRUARY 27, 2014 WASHINGTON 134, TORONTO 129
    Trevor Ariza scored the go-ahead basket on a fast-break layup with 1:20 left in the third overtime and the Washington Wizards outlasted Toronto 134-129 to win the longest game by time in Raptors franchise history … Marcin Gortat fouled out with a career-best 31 points and 12 rebounds, John Wall also had 31 points, and Ariza fouled out with 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Wizards ... DeMar DeRozan scored 34 points in 58 minutes for Toronto, and Kyle Lowry fouled out with 18 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds in 54 minutes … Greivis Vasquez scored a season-high 26 points for Toronto … Lowry fouled out as Gortat converted a three-point play with 1:45 left in the third overtime … Back-to-back turnovers by Vasquez on Toronto's next two possessions led to consecutive
    steals for Wall and fast-break baskets for Ariza and Martell Webster, putting Washington up 131-127 with a minute remaining … DeRozan cut it to two with a pair of free throws, but Wall made a layup and Garrett Temple sealed it with a free throw … The game had 19 ties and 15 lead changes.

Game Notes:
    • The Toronto Raptors begin a franchise record seven-game home stand (Nov. 7-21) Friday night against the Washington Wizards. Toronto’s next road game won’t be until Nov. 22 at Cleveland. The Raptors will face five Eastern Conference opponents during the home stand, including a rare Thursday night TNT game Nov. 13 vs. Chicago. The last time Toronto started a season 4-1 was 2004-05 - the Raptors have never began a year 5-1. Guard KyleLowry averaged 18.3 points and 10.0 assists in four games against the Wizards last season.
    • Head coach Dwane Casey needs four wins to tie Lenny Wilkens (113) for second on the team’s all-time coaching
      victories list. In his fourth season with Toronto, Casey has a 109-126 (.464) record and is the longest tenured coach in the Atlantic division. Sam Mitchell holds the team record with 156 wins as Raptors head coach.
    • Guards DeMar DeRozan (9.4) and Kyle Lowry (9.2) currently rank fifth and tied for sixth, respectively, in the NBA in free throw attempts per game. Toronto led the Eastern Conference in both free throws made (1,608) and free throw percentage (.782) last season. The Raptors (35.2) currently rank second in the NBA, behind only Sacramento (40.0), in free throw attempts per game this season.
    • The Raptors set a new single-game franchise record with a +21 (7-to-28) turnover differential Wednesday night at Boston. Toronto has now recorded 10 or less turnovers in each of its first five games - tying the longest streak in club history (Last: April 4-11, 2010). The Raptors currently lead the NBA averaging 9.2 turnovers, while holding opponents to 10.4 points off turnovers. Through five games, Toronto has a +53 (46-to-99) turnover differential. Guard Kyle Lowry leads the NBA with a 13.0 assists-to-turnover ratio (26-to-2).
    • DeMar DeRozan handed out a season and team high six assists Nov. 5 at Boston. DeRozan recorded 5+ assists
      27 times last season; something he accomplished just 17 times during his first four seasons combined.
    • Toronto is 4-0 this season when leading after three quarters. Dating back to the start of last season the Raptors are now 37-2 when ahead entering the fourth, including a perfect 22-0 at Air Canada Centre. Toronto has won 29 straight games when leading after three quarters.
    • The Raptors have allowed opponents to shoot 50 per cent or higher from the field in three games this season, but have won all three contests. Toronto currently ranks tied for 29th in opponent field goal percentage (.500), but are holding opponents to .407 (33-for-81) shooting in the fourth quarter.

Keys to the Game:

+ Win the 1st Quarter (no more 30 points 1sts)
    + Out big their Bigs
    + Keep Wall in check.

Key Match-Ups

vs.

Lets Go Raptors!!

r you going for your fifth win, Joey?

Comment

I'm headed to the game tonight. Looking forward to my purple shirt, lol.

REALLY hoping Jonas and/or Amir suit up for this one.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I'm headed to the game tonight. Looking forward to my purple shirt, lol.

REALLY hoping Jonas and/or Amir suit up for this one.
        Jonas is projected to Start ... but those Media Notes lie sometimes.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          r you going for your fifth win, Joey?
          Shhh... you don't talk about the streak.

Comment

Love demars confidence early. If he can turn 4 double teamed jumpers a game into assists/drive and kicks, i will have nothing to complain about.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Love demars confidence early. If he can turn 4 double teamed jumpers a game into assists/drive and kicks, i will have nothing to complain about.
              Dude, why do you hate DeMar so much? It's just sickening how badly you want him dead. Like, did he accidentally eat your baby once? Geez man, settle down.

Comment

now it has a home

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Lets tone it down for the Game Thread. There's a Demar thread if you'd like to carry this conversation on.

Comment

Oh, and I try to come up with some Keys to the Game, but if anybody has better ones, PLEASE feed em through the Game Threads.

Comment

" Guard Kyle Lowry leads the NBA with a 13.0 assists-to-turnover ratio (26-to-2)." .....so....does that mean we can finally give him the starting job over Calderon?

"Toronto is 4-0 this season when leading after three quarters" When I started reading this I honestly thought it was going to say 4-0 when losing after three quarters

Comment

Glad they decided to go with the naked Raptor. That tail looks creepy in uniform

Comment

We need at least one of Amir/JV to have a chance of winning this game.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            We need at least one of Amir/JV to have a chance of winning this game.
                            I've got to agree with this ... This might be our first real Challenge as well.
                            I guess Atlanta was ... but Washington is better.

Comment

Let's get the win boys, it's all well and good to beat the half-dead Thunder and the Magic's of the NBA but now it's time to get a W against one of the top teams in the East.

Comment

Working...
                              X