Are Raptors Creating A New Trend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The teams that crash the o-glass strong are either mediocre or just bad. Yet Golden State is 9-1 and they don't attack the o-glass at all. So maybe it's not really that important?
    Toronto and Memphis are both playoff teams so seems to be working well. GS is good because they have one of the best players ever. Not due to an innovative coaching scheme. Remove Curry and they stink. We've been missing key players all year and still are pretty good due to the scheme.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Toronto and Memphis are both playoff teams so seems to be working well. GS is good because they have one of the best players ever. Not due to an innovative coaching scheme. Remove Curry and they stink. We've been missing key players all year and still are pretty good due to the scheme.
      I'm primarily looking at the y-axis in that graph. Other than Utah, most of the teams that crash the o-board are borderline playoff teams or just out of the running (so far).

Comment

The teams that crash the o-glass strong are either mediocre or just bad. Yet Golden State is 9-1 and they don't attack the o-glass at all. So maybe it's not really that important?
        Rebounding was always overrated by Raps fans. You can see with constant "we need 7 footer" topics
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Rebounding was always overrated by Raps fans. You can see with constant "we need 7 footer" topics
          The bigger issue is our field goal percentage. If we scored more efficiently, there won't be as many offensive rebounds in play.

Comment

Comment

The bigger issue is our field goal percentage. If we scored more efficiently, there won't be as many offensive rebounds in play.
              That's just comes down to talent then. And that's where difference between Toronto and Golden State lies. One team got FVV and another one got Steph Curry

Comment

True, though if we scored more efficiently, winning the possession battle would be even more valuable. It's an interesting cause/effect loop that is hard to simplify down to a single thing.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

well said.

Any team can be good at one thing but can be terrible at another thing….

But what is really worse….being mediocre at everything lol. Middle of the pack.

Overall, it is still a hit or miss league. Efficiency of shots is so premium. Having an elite talent with solid complementary players is ideal.

Scottie hopefully can rise to that level when it’s all said and done and Masai can adjust who he surround him with. My vote would be OG and GTJ moving forward

Out of Topic question: was the inefficient OJ Mayo got booted out, that’s when Giannis started to flourished?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    I thought that the possession ends after the shot attempt result is known, which means the O-Reb starts a new possession. So, an O-Reb plus a quick tap back would be a really short possession, thereby increasing pace. That's how it should be, if it's not.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I thought that the possession ends after the shot attempt result is known, which means the O-Reb starts a new possession. So, an O-Reb plus a quick tap back would be a really short possession, thereby increasing pace. That's how it should be, if it's not.
                      I guess possession ends when team switches from offense to defense

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

that's what intuitively makes the most sense and how i'm nearly certain it was when the shot clock was reset to 24 seconds, but maybe they changed the definition of a possession when they reduced the reset to 14 seconds?

Comment

I think Pascal will help with that. Whether you agree he should be a number 1 option or not, he has the most experience being one. Defenses will pay attention to him the most so it should help everyone else on the team get better looks.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

that's what intuitively makes the most sense and how i'm nearly certain it was when the shot clock was reset to 24 seconds, but maybe they changed the definition of a possession when they reduced the reset to 14 seconds?
                            https://squared2020.com/2017/07/10/a...ession-models/

It’s not hard to determine from a box score how many points your team scored, but it is difficult to determine how many possessions you had. The ball can only change hands four different ways: (1) your team makes a shot; (2) your team misses a shot and doesn’t get an offensive rebound; (3) your team turns the ball over; and (4) your team goes to the line for two or three shots and either makes the last shot or doesn’t get the rebound of a missed last shot.
                            https://www.wnba.com/archive/wnba/st.../stats101.html

Possessions - Arguably the most important discovery made by statistical analysts in basketball is the critical importance of possessions. If a possession is considered as ending with a made shot, a defensive rebound or a turnover - that is, an offensive rebound is not a new possession - the two teams in any given games are essentially limited to the same number of possessions, other than the possibility of getting one extra possession in each half. Because of this, being more efficient in a game with your possessions means you will almost certainly win.
                            I guess not.

Comment

There you go. Learn something new every day. Even stuff you thought you knew cold.

Comment

We've got the whole team back now and Siakam should be rounding into shape over the next 5 games or so. Lets see what the FG% looks like then. I do think they expend a tonne of energy on D and they need to figure out how to stay fresh(er) to close games out. Naturally would hope the bench is featured more to allow starters to rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X