No announcement yet.

Game Ten - Cavaliers at Raptors - Friday, Nov. 5th 7:30pm on Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn is the perfect team to bring Siakam back for. We can essentially go with the small line up to start the game, as Brooklyn starts Griffin and KD in their front court.

I suspect Boucher to be a DNP-CD (he was awful against Cleveland again). Maybe we see a bit of Achiuawa with Birch off the bench. Or a closing line up with one of those guys and Trent on the bench.

But glad to have Pascal back. He's going to make things so much easier for OG and Fred. And our offense could a lot of help.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      So OG and Barnes are now both 0-1 in their career for game winning shots? Raptors did some stupid stuff down the stretch and the Cavs seemed to win every battle. Once Allen hit that 3pt bank shot I knew it was going to be over. It just felt that way.

Cavs are for real. If they can find a way to swap Love out for some wing depth, they'll be a perennial playoff team. They also have to find a way to get rid of Sexton. That dude just keeps making bone head plays. But Garland is for real.
      Garland, Mobley and Allen is a nice trio to build around. Once they get rid of Love and maybe Sexton, they'll be good to go.

Comment

• I think this team can match up well against the Nets but the X-factor IMO would be Aldridge..he always scorched the Raptors bigs with his post up Js.

Aside from the usual suspects of Durant and Harden….Patty Mills can come off the bench and have a hot shooting night…Banton may have to use his length. Though last night, the experience of Rubio may have his number in 3 or 4 occasions when he got matched up against the vet savvy guard. Mills is a tricky high BBIQ player.

Comment

• I'm tempering my expectations re Pascal. Very happy he's back, but he's on minute restrictions, there will be rust, and Nets are one of the best teams in the league.

It will be nice to see him integrated and how the rotation will be affected though. Achiuwa and Boucher have been really off, so it's nice to have a bigger body able to play c in spurts when needed.

Comment

So OG and Barnes are now both 0-1 in their career for game winning shots?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqvg6_TMIL0

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Hit the nail on the head here. That's the defensive strategy put forth by the coach, aggressive defence to force turnovers so it fuels our transition offence. Everyone was celebrating that before, Trent leading the league in steals, how feisty the team is on defence etc... If this was a 1-point win instead of a 1-point loss, everyone would still be celebrating that style, as it has given us many transition easy buckets and extra possessions on every game.

If we're gonna criticize it on losses we gotta criticize it on wins too. The reality is, they need that strategy because our half-court offence (at least for the time being without Pascal) is not potent enough to keep us afloat in many games. Some nights it won't work as well, but it's viable and worth it for this group.

Shot selection was also fine in my book. This is the time for OG to take risks, develop his confidence, take big shots. It will come with some lumps, but these are the very lumps (taken at age 24 on early reg season games) that will get him ready mentally to take these shots on game 5's at 27 and knock them down.

Guard and wing play was toe-to-toe. We lost this game because of the Cavs bigs. They have 2 good ones, and we have only 1 (Birch). With Pascal in, it's a totally different story and they ain't scraping a 1-point win on the last 6 seconds.
              Yup, that is the style of play and being aggressive defensively sometimes results in an open shot for the other team. To their credit the Cavs seemed to make the Raps pay almost everytime.

One thing I'd like to see more from the Raps defensively is being more physical. They do a great job staying in front of their man, but I just thought they could have roughed up Sexton and Garland a bit more and that sort of physicality might have deterred them from driving into the lane a bit. Like bump them harder without fouling if that makes sense.

Comment

So OG and Barnes are now both 0-1 in their career for game winning shots? Raptors did some stupid stuff down the stretch and the Cavs seemed to win every battle. Once Allen hit that 3pt bank shot I knew it was going to be over. It just felt that way.

Cavs are for real. If they can find a way to swap Love out for some wing depth, they'll be a perennial playoff team. They also have to find a way to get rid of Sexton. That dude just keeps making bone head plays. But Garland is for real.
                It's too early to tell. I'm not really that impressed. The Raps dominated the game last night, they lost because everything went the Cavs way. Allen hitting that fluke off balanced 3 late in the 4th was a sign of things to come.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• * in the regular season

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It's too early to tell. I'm not really that impressed. The Raps dominated the game last night, they lost because everything went the Cavs way. Allen hitting that fluke off balanced 3 late in the 4th was a sign of things to come.
                    They still need a decent SF. But I think they can get that once they can get off of Love's contract. They are young so will lose more than they should, but I think they could make the playoffs or at least the play-in. I think they are better than the Wizards or Hornets. I'd even make a case for them over the Knicks right now.

Comment

They still need a decent SF. But I think they can get that once they can get off of Love's contract. They are young so will lose more than they should, but I think they could make the playoffs or at least the play-in. I think they are better than the Wizards or Hornets. I'd even make a case for them over the Knicks right now.
                      They should not buy that contract out but they should find some team to take that contract .... perhaps orlando woudl do it with some pick incentives or something like that. Not really sure. Or perhaps NOP. Then have zion play SF and have love space the floor. Give cleveland josh hart but take back some pick equity.

Comment

But Garland is for real.
                        Yeah, he was pretty good. Man, you can't leave him open!!!

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Well it has to go both ways as well….if you are saying to give credit where credit is due then you also have to criticize where criticism is due, isn’t it?

Van Vleet because it worked for him the past 2 games before last night…this game was different especially late in the game, he took upon himself to focus on scoring rather than facilitating and allowing others to be more involved in the flow of the offense.

As a leader, he should know that he alone cannot carry the team every night. When his shots are not falling then he has to defer to others.

The minority of us in this forum, are not asking him to score 30 points every night but also we are not asking him to hurl 18 shots at a low percentage as well.

I hear you, when Siakam is back, maybe he limits his FGA so the jury is still out.

for now, and for him to be more effective, he has to play OFF, let Scottie initiate the offense. Van Vleet has to work on those screens, his midrange Js to me is an effective weapon that he can develop rather than driving the ball amongst trees because 90% of the time, he get smothered.

His defense is great against those bigs posting up, he can blindside them and get those deflections.

However against attacking and aggressive guards, he gets blown by and more reliant to his own bigs to provide the secondary help
                          Many valid points, I have no issue with critiquing what's going on at all. It's the "let's trade them" every time someone has a bad game that I think should be tempered. I yell at the TV a whole bunch of plays every game lol.
                          Last edited by Dvdvideo; Sat Nov 6, 2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah wonder if it was that injured hand
                            It was. What was noticeable was he then tipped it in with his left, which shows really good skill and ambidextrous touch, just a little too late. People have underestimated how much a sprained thumb can impact your game. It's one of the most frustrating injuries. Because you can play... but it will effect your shot and your dribbling, at a minimum. And it's an injury that lingers for a while. It's such a pain in the ass injury.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

It was. What was noticeable was he then tipped it in with his left, which shows really good skill and ambidextrous touch, just a little too late. People have underestimated how much a sprained thumb can impact your game. It's one of the most frustrating injuries. Because you can play... but it will effect your shot and your dribbling, at a minimum. And it's an injury that lingers for a while. It's such a pain in the ass injury.
                              A couple of rest and treatment days after today's game won't hurt. And then, crush the Celtics.

Comment

Working...
                              X