• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This comment from a 6ers recap made me laugh:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/1...rtunate-events
    The Lou Williams comments are funny too:

Meanwhile former Sixer Lou Williams came off the bench with a performance to write a collaboration with Drake about. He went 5-9 from the field for 16 points, two of which came on a 20-foot shot at the third quarter buzzer. He hasn't changed a lick.
    After years of despising everything Lou Williams stood for, I found myself watching him today and not totally hating it. Sam Hinkie has helped us all move on, and the Lou Williams Hate Advisory Index (LWHAI) can be retired for good. This truly is a new era at LB.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Common slang meaning "conversated with" similar to shot the shit.
      Thanks guy...thats a first for me...not into tweeting.

ps.... *conversed with*

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Its crazy that we were so close to be where sixers are. Thank you for not tanking Masai
        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Thank you, James Dolan, for not throwing in a first round pick.
        Yup, that's really what it came down to. Masai WAS tanking, but his plan backfired.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Thank you, James Dolan, for not throwing in a first round pick.
          Its only been two weeks but none of these rookies would of been worthy it(even Wiggins). Tanking would of been terrible. You know what they say "sometimes the best trade is the one not made"

Here to never seeing another tank again!
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Its only been two weeks but none of these rookies would of been worthy it(even Wiggins). Tanking would of been terrible. You know what they say "sometimes the best trade is the one not made"

Pretty sure the pick coming back wouldn't have been until 2018 or something like that.

Comment

A common misconception among anti-tankers, that things are supposed to be better immediately after the draft.

We won't know for at least 3 years whether Wiggins (for example) is the type of player capable of building a championship-calibre team around.

Comment

One never knows.

However Toronto would have been ahead of the game relative to Philly. They already had JV and Ross. They likely would have drafted a person playing this season.

I don't think it is appropriate to think Philly is the outcome of tanking - it could have been Charlotte or Seattle/OKC.

Philly is taking intentionally being bad to whole new levels. They selected a guy who was out all last season (Nerlens) due to injury. This year they probably did the same thing (Embiid) and then to out do themselves from the season before they draft a Euro stash (Saric). On draft night they managed to get their own future pick back from Orlando and attempted to trade ROY for another lottery pick. After all of that they field a D-League roster. This is painful to type.

I think the one thing everyone can agree upon is that thank goodness we are watching this basketball right now versus the basketball we've been exposed to prior to the Gay trade for the previous 4 years.

Comment

Yup, that's really what it came down to. Masai WAS tanking, but his plan backfired.
                  Is there proof of this?
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  A common misconception among anti-tankers, that things are supposed to be better immediately after the draft.

We won't know for at least 3 years whether Wiggins (for example) is the type of player capable of building a championship-calibre team around.
                  That's the thing as an Anti-Tank commander I was not able to go through 8 consecutive years of losing basketball
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He has been very open about not knowing what would happen after the Gay trade and the luck in finding that chemistry.

Masai is a unique leader. Colangelo would have been talking about how everyone is calling to tell him how great he is while having already blown up last year's squad to go all in on "insert 2014 Jermaine O'Neal equivalent HERE".

Comment

Is there proof of this?
                      Here you go:

Within the span of 15 hours, the Knicks had reached a decision to acquire Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry before the trade was vetoed
                      http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...for-kyle-lowry

I know it sucks to think that the legendary Masai had the same mentality as us evil pro-tankers, but shit happens

Comment

• nilanka wrote: View Post
                        here you go:

i know it sucks to think that the legendary masai had the same mentality as us evil pro-tankers, but shit happens
                        Ha. THANK YOU JAMES DOLAN!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Thanks guy...thats a first for me...not into tweeting.

ps.... *conversed with*
                          I was going back and forth between the two aha. Math majors don't need English

Comment

Here you go:

I know it sucks to think that the legendary Masai had the same mentality as us evil pro-tankers, but shit happens
                            Yup.

Dolan had been so terrified of getting swindled for a third time (Carmelo, Bargnani), he lay down the veto.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Is there proof of this?

That's the thing as an Anti-Tank commander I was not able to go through 8 consecutive years of losing basketball
                              Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Here you go:

As reported by NYs rag, the Daily News, based on anonymous sources. "Proof" is pretty flimsy if one is relying upon rumours in a rag. Did Woj, THE NY based insider confirm this in any way? Seems like rumours becoming "truth" via the internet again, unless there's more substance than that. "Evil"? Nah, misguided maybe

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Serious eh? Where'd you see him?
                                Was walking out of real sports and he was grabbing take out lol. I'm pretty sure a bunch of the guys must live in those maple leaf towers beside the acc
                                "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Working...
                                X