Game #7: Philadelphia 76ers 88 - Toronto Raptors 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chico wrote: View Post
    Woj is certainly a more credible source than that rag, but the biggest thing I take from that is that the "Knicks" pursued a trade for Lowry, not the other way around. That's not a tanking move. It would seem it was the delusional Knicks who THOUGHT Masai was tanking, like some fans, because of the Gay trade. Whatever counter proposals were discussed, and how inclusive they were, is pretty hazy. Note that Woj also speaks of other teams pursuing Lowry, not Masai shopping him, as some of you "evil tankers" ( jk ) said. There really is nothing there that comes close to proof that Masai "WAS tanking", imo.

Other teams called him, and he didn't pull the trigger on any of them. How the hell is that "proof" of intent to tank?
    Seems like the only thing that would convince you would be a notarized copy of the veto form. If only I had kept it....

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
      Woj is certainly a more credible source than that rag, but the biggest thing I take from that is that the "Knicks" pursued a trade for Lowry, not the other way around. That's not a tanking move. It would seem it was the delusional Knicks who THOUGHT Masai was tanking, like some fans, because of the Gay trade. Whatever counter proposals were discussed, and how inclusive they were, is pretty hazy. Note that Woj also speaks of other teams pursuing Lowry, not Masai shopping him, as some of you "evil tankers" ( jk ) said. There really is nothing there that comes close to proof that Masai "WAS tanking", imo.

Other teams called him, and he didn't pull the trigger on any of them. How the hell is that "proof" of intent to tank?
      Why would Masai want trade Lowry for young players or picks? This was clearly a tanking move, if that Lowry trade went down we would have gotten a top10 pick last year and be in a similar place as Orlando or the Bucks
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Seems like the only thing that would convince you would be a notarized copy of the veto form. If only I had kept it....
        Yeah....not like the "ever-growing list of teams" could have any legs to it....and I'm sure they were just making inquiries on Bogdanovic because they felt they had a lack of youth and talent at SG....
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Nov 10, 2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• It's wonderful to me that Dolan shut down talks for fear of getting swindled again, and now he looks like an idiot for not letting that trade go through.

Can you imagine that trade now? It would be highway robbery by the Knicks.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• When Dolan makes a trade with Masai, he looks like a fool

When Dolan doesn't make a trade with Masai, he looks like a fool

Dolan cannot beat the Warlord

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              People love the Drake. Say what you will about him but he's now linked to this team. So far it has been entertaining.
              should have been this instead

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                should have been this instead

Bahahahaahahahaahaahaha!!!

[clears throat]

Bahahahahaahahahaahahaa!!!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Why would Masai want trade Lowry for young players or picks? This was clearly a tanking move, if that Lowry trade went down we would have gotten a top10 pick last year and be in a similar place as Orlando or the Bucks
                  Why? Because he was a free agent to be and it was unsure wether he would resign. With all this "tanking" talk of late, people seem to forget that this has been the way to do business in the NBA for a long time. Rent expirings away to teams looking to playoff push and get some solid prospects in return.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Why? Because he was a free agent to be and it was unsure wether he would resign. With all this "tanking" talk of late, people seem to forget that this has been the way to do business in the NBA for a long time. Rent expirings away to teams looking to playoff push and get some solid prospects in return.
                    So you saying Masai just wanted to trade Lowry because he was an expiring? Masai clearly stated a million times last year that this team would not be stuck in the middle, so how were we gonna trade Lowry for young players and picks and not tank? That would make us a treadmill team easily and Masai said thats not gonna happen

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Right, but a team with playoff hopes is unlikely to trade one of their top players just to avoid losing him for nothing in free agency. It may happen on occasion, but usually it aligns with plans to rebuild/tank.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        So you saying Masai just wanted to trade Lowry because he was an expiring? Masai clearly stated a million times last year that this team would not be stuck in the middle, so how were we gonna trade Lowry for young players and picks and not tank? That would make us a treadmill team easily and Masai said thats not gonna happen
                        I didn't say that at all. In fact I didn't even say he wanted to trade Lowry. I'm just saying that's the way the NBA works, even before this hyped up and annoying term of "tanking". The sonics traded Ray Allen for young pieces, as did the t wolves with Garnett. It's due diligence for a GM to hear offers and feel out the market for one of his best players, especially on an expiring deal.

Would that have made put us in rebuild (or "tank" if that makes you happier) mode? No doubt. I just resent the mainstream media's abuse of the term tanking
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          It's wonderful to me that Dolan shut down talks for fear of getting swindled again, and now he looks like an idiot for not letting that trade go through.

Can you imagine that trade now? It would be highway robbery by the Knicks.
                          Selfish statement here....worse, it would have likely made the Knicks and Melo relevant again....and we would be having to discuss Felton's habits with guns and the buffet table.

Comment

• I don't think this has been mentioned but masai managed to satisfy the desires of both those who thought a tear down was in order and those thought building while being competitive was in order.

With the acquisition of Bebe and Bruno, the raptors have high potential players developing in the background for the future and a competitive team in the present.

Especially he might not turn in to anything but he has all the physical attributes and apparently intangibles to be great.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Selfish statement here....worse, it would have likely made the Knicks and Melo relevant again....and we would be having to discuss Felton's habits with guns and the buffet table.
                              Or guns at the buffet table. I hear he's a very aggressive eater.

Comment

• Imagine a buffet with Felton, Diaw, OJ Mayo and Big Baby Davis.
                                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                                X