Game #7: Philadelphia 76ers 88 - Toronto Raptors 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I don't think this has been mentioned but masai managed to satisfy the desires of both those who thought a tear down was in order and those thought building while being competitive was in order.

With the acquisition of Bebe and Bruno, the raptors have high potential players developing in the background for the future and a competitive team in the present.

Especially he might not turn in to anything but he has all the physical attributes and apparently intangibles to be great.
    Does Bebe have that high of a ceiling? I'm thinking Alabi/O'Bryant at best.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Really? Even after getting DPOY in the Worlds 2nd most Competitive League?

Comment

• kopite91 wrote: View Post
        Imagine a buffet with Felton, Diaw, OJ Mayo and Big Baby Davis.
        OJ is back to Lite Mayo. Lost quite a bit of weight this off-season.

My fantasy team Nutritionalists have been all over him this year.
        Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 10, 2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Imagine a buffet with Felton, Diaw, OJ Mayo and Big Baby Davis.
          One name: Oliver Miller.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Really? Even after getting DPOY in the Worlds 2nd most Competitive League?
            I admittedly have nothing more than a few pre-season minutes to judge from, but I didn't see much there. He looked more raw than Bruno.

Comment

I think he is a Brandon Wright type back up C.

He needs a year to get stronger.

DPOY in second best league in world at 21 has to mean something, right? Lol

Comment

How high is Wiggin's celing? Most are now tempering expectations with Paul George, at best. Jabari is Melo-lite. And nobody even knows what to expect from Embiid.

Comment

• Oh man Oliver Miller is the FOAT for sure... that man single-handedly cause world hunger.
                  Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Oh man Oliver Miller is the FOAT for sure... that man single-handedly cause world hunger.
                    Actually, just read a Bleacher Report (they haven't completely matured yet, I guess) article where they counted down the heaviest players in NBA history... Oliver Miller did indeed get the FOAT.

Comment

• Regarding Bebe...

He's long, mobile and already has displayed decent defensive IQ and instincts for a young guy. There's definitely legit potential there...Something I'm not sure you could ever say with Alabi or O'Bryant...the former had no feel for the game whatsoever, and the latter was a clumsy, incredibly soft, jumpshooting C who was awful defensively in every sense.

Bebe may never amount to anything, but he has displayed enough tools to think he could actually turn into a mobile defensive C in the NBA, probably in a backup/role playing capacity.

*For names, of varying talent/bball IQ levels, I think of guys like Brandon Wright, Ian Mahinmi, Chris Andersen, JaVale McGee...that type of niche (though hopefully not as dumb or underachieving as McGee...that guy's just a mess).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Regarding Bebe...

He's long, mobile and already has displayed decent defensive IQ and instincts for a young guy. There's definitely legit potential there...Something I'm not sure you could ever say with Alabi or O'Bryant...the former had no feel for the game whatsoever, and the latter was a clumsy, incredibly soft, jumpshooting C who was awful defensively in every sense.

Bebe may never amount to anything, but he has displayed enough tools to think he could actually turn into a mobile defensive C in the NBA, probably in a backup/role playing capacity.
                        Even if he turns out to be a more mature Javale McGee, I'd say thats a success.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Even if he turns out to be a more mature Javale McGee, I'd say thats a success.
                          Well, that would be a huge success...funny you replied right before I edited to add some names, and McGee was one of them...If McGee was mature and had even an average bball IQ, he'd be a heck of a player. Probably a legit starter and maybe even a top 10-15 C in the league...he's just such a dumbass though. It's kind of sad. Because he also doesn't appear to have a particularly bad attitude or anything...

I don't think Bebe has as much natural potential, but if he's more mature he can at least play the backup role McGee has right now, and probably do a better job.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Well, that would be a huge success...funny you replied right before I edited to add some names, and McGee was one of them...If McGee was mature and had even an average bball IQ, he'd be a heck of a player. Probably a legit starter and maybe even a top 10-15 C in the league...he's just such a dumbass though. It's kind of sad. Because he also doesn't appear to have a particularly bad attitude or anything...

I don't think Bebe has as much natural potential, but if he's more mature he can at least play the backup role McGee has right now, and probably do a better job.
                            Everything I wanted to say, but didn't. Thanks man! Haha

Comment

• I know this isn't a tanking thread, but just continuing the discussion from earlier today. Michael Grange weighs in:

The Raptors’ dirty little secret was that they were going to be one of the tankers last season with an eye toward positioning themselves for a shot at No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins. A year ago Toronto was 3-4 after seven games, on its way to a 7-13 start. The Rudy Gay trade was the beginning of what was supposed to be the great dismantling. Lowry was next out the door until Dolan nixed the deal that would have sent Toronto’s current cornerstone to New York.
                              http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nk-you-letter/

Comment

I know this isn't a tanking thread, but just continuing the discussion from earlier today. Michael Grange weighs in:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nk-you-letter/

Title of article, "Raptors proving teams can win without losing"

Grange must have forgot the previous 5 seasons! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X