Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Double

Welcome to Double-double
    This is where after 10 games we make our own 10 things, best hot takes on the raptors of what we seen so far.

Screen shots and videos are welcome

1 Defense Matters
    This is one of the foundations of building a champion. I am very excited for the future with Barnes and Banton

2 No Center ?
    Every single game I watch I am screaming at the TV hoping someone can hear me. We NEED a Center !!!!!

3 Mismatch Hunting
    Out size gives us mismatches but only if we use them. If banton or Barnes is being guarded by a point guard why we not posting up?

4 Off Ball Movement
    Trent, Svi, Yuta these are our shooting guards and they have the skill set to move without the ball. So our playmakers can play make. USE THEM

5 Player Development
    Banton can not develop if he doesn’t play more minute!

6 Post Game
    If banton or Barnes is being guarded by a point guard why we not posting up?

7 Mid Range Game
    It’s open Take the fucking shot !!!

8 Transition
    I think it’s time to move on from Fred and O

9 No Cap
    I am sick and tired of hero ball Fred, Slow ass one today…one tomorrow OG. I don’t want to ever see him iso ball. EVER

10 Championship Team building
    Defence, Rebounding, and a half court offence that is how you win.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Nov 6, 2021, 12:36 AM.

So It looks like there is one thing you like, and 9 things you don't. Or maybe you are trying to get some back and forth going.

Not a bad idea for a thread. Might get more response if the description had been "5-10 things the Raptors or individual Raptors players did well this game."

Comment

Good idea but maybe title should be
      10 things I hate about you. There has been alot of positives thus far. Maybe I'll post a ten when I have nore time
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        So It looks like there is one thing you like, and 9 things you don't. Or maybe you are trying to get some back and forth going.

Not a bad idea for a thread. Might get more response if the description had been "5-10 things the Raptors or individual Raptors players did well this game."
        You guys bring the positive I will stick to my role. I am the old grumpy raptors fan

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

You guys bring the positive I will stick to my role. I am the old grumpy raptors fan
          lol I don't findf you too grouchy

Comment

Here are my 10 observations. I will split it into 5 positive and 5 negative.

Negative first
            1) Bench needs some scoring boost. Guys like Gary Trent Junior could help the bench in the future if he gets moved. Point is the bench struggles at times with scoring. A play maker would help a lot if not a guy who can get his own bucket.

2) On the note of bench scoring. Boucher needs to stop over thinking his game. He can't be chucking up his air ball 3's needs to stay way more disiplined on defence and offence.

3) I do think Gary chucks a bit still, however it is getting closer to o the majority being in the flow of the offence.

4) Dragic, where has he been.... he just has not provided anything to the point of getting benched. I don't think he does better else where. He may be done playing at a high high level unfortunately.

5) Lack of size may or may not be of concern at the center spot. Personally I think we are fine but we could use a true starting level big. Birch can hold it down but having another starting level center would be nice.

Positive stuff
            6) Rookies are good. Like really good. When it was announced that we would have the #4 overall pick. I guessed right then and there that regardless of lowry staying or leaving, regardless of who we picked (WANTED MOBLEY), we could rest easy knowing our staff would pick someone who would be decent now, and help in the future. Scottie Mystic Barnes has been a floor raiser thus far, and improves the ceiling of this team. His playmaking and overall abilities his teammates around him better. He is learning at an exponential rate. Dalano Banton is another who really is coming along REALLY FAST. Great stuff.

7) This team fights hard every single night. They come ready to swing and fight for real. They aren't ready to mess around and play about. They just come ready to play the frustration out that accumulated from last year. Missing the playoffs was good for this team. It was a gut check. It also meant we got a long off season to rest up and come prepared for the next run of playoffs that are ahead in this franchise's future.

8) Defence, we have a team of guys who can finally play the style that nurse wants to play. This team is built for that. I do not want to see any trade that doesn't see us getting players that fit that. We are top 5 right now and that will only improve.

9) We aren't at full strength. I said we needed to get through the first 10-15 games of the season because that is when I thought pascal would return and yuta. We haven't seen yuta yet but Spicy is back TODAY. We got through the first 10-15 games at above a .500 pace. That is massive and sets us up for the rest of the season.

10) It is just good to have this team back.

Comment

Working...
            X