No announcement yet.

Casey's Rotations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The five-man #Raptors bench unit that everyone hates so much, by the way, has outscored opponents by 26 points/100 possessions.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      The five-man #Raptors bench unit that everyone hates so much, by the way, has outscored opponents by 26 points/100 possessions.
      Yeah, they got a lot of run against the suckier teams we have played, so that helps. But they certainly haven't been terrible as a unit. My concern with the frontline of that unit is when they are subbed in with the starters - they can't handle themselves against opposing starters and don't provide the rim protection needed.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, they got a lot of run against the suckier teams we have played, so that helps. But they certainly haven't been terrible as a unit. My concern with the frontline of that unit is when they are subbed in with the starters - they can't handle themselves against opposing starters and don't provide the rim protection needed.
        I myself would like to see Hansbrough replaced with Bebe but, I understand Casey's thinking there. Hans know the system and rotation. He doesn't have to think just react. I'd also like to add that JJ leads our team in total blocks shots so far.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I myself would like to see Hansbrough replaced with Bebe but, I understand Casey's thinking there. Hans know the system and rotation. He doesn't have to think just react. I'd also like to add that JJ leads our team in total blocks shots so far.
          Which is crazy. JJ has been putting in work. Playing better than his time with Grizz
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Which is crazy. JJ has been putting in work. Playing better than his time with Grizz
            He's definitely the best shot blocker on this team. He has great length and is a smart defender. I believe he led the league in 3pt shots blocked last season, and from what I have read he played well in Memphis. I think he has a better understanding of his strengths and limitations than he has had in the past and is playing to his role. I've been pleasantly surprised with his vision and passing.

Comment

Oh, and that is wrong, by the way. 16 points, not 26.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Interesting that JJ has become prominent in this Casey discussion. Amongst all the criticism of Casey has been a lot of his handling of players, yet I don't think much, if anything,has been said about JJ returning to work under Casey for the 2nd time. I can't say for sure, but I'd bet there were people who said Casey was mishandling JJ during his first stay here, while drooling over his potential.

Well, Casey and him obviously didn't see eye to eye. His ass was shipped out to Sacramento for a 2nd rounder. They let him walk after one season. Nobody wanted him at the beginning of last year, so he winds up in the D League, before Memphis picks him up. He actually played quite well in Memphis, so one has to assume that multiple teams were interested in him, yet after seeing "the other side", he chose to come back and play for Casey, where he's now playing to his potential game after game. Just saying.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Oh, and that is wrong, by the way. 16 points, not 26.
                  Well I guess Eric Koreen got His numbers wrong(got it from his tweet). Still shows that the lineup is effective.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well I guess Eric Koreen got His numbers wrong(got it from his tweet). Still shows that the lineup is effective.
                    Yeah, I corrected him on twitter as well. You should really quote your sources though if you don't look it up yourself.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                    X