GAME #13: Raptors @ 76ers - Thursday Nov 11th - 7:00pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So Banton is playing 3 games in 3 nights I guess.
    Seems unnecessary. He's been the first off the bench for the main club. If there's anyone needing time there it would be Achiuwa and Flynn. Draft order politics I guess. Now he'll be beat for Saturday, might mean we'll see more Flynn vs Detroit.

Comment

• The FVV haters are awfully quiet this morning.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Didn’t see this in the thread but there was a key moment when there was a loose ball on the floor for a 50-50 battle. It was actually more 60-40 towards Precious but he just stood there and watched the Sixer dive for it. He was benched within seconds. Hopefully a good teaching moment

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Didn’t see this in the thread but there was a key moment when there was a loose ball on the floor for a 50-50 battle. It was actually more 60-40 towards Precious but he just stood there and watched the Sixer dive for it. He was benched within seconds. Hopefully a good teaching moment

not the first time

at 1:20 Blake dives for the ball and Achiuwa just runs
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Both times he had Drummond on him and easily blew past him. They had to send help, which is something we should look to exploit going forward when we play our true starting 5.
            True starting 5 of FVV, OG, PS, SB, KB? GTF as 6th man? It sure would be nice to be healthy to see how it shakes out. I think Gary could feast on bench defenders as a 6th man and in certain situations / if he's going well, finish the game on the floor. Anyone rests or is injured, Gary comes in to the starting lineup. Again, I guess the concern with that starting lineup discussed remains a lack of 3pt shooting and ability to space the floor.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I wonder how Precious would take to doing a month with the 905. They seem to be playing the same style as the big club. Might straighten out the flaws with more concentrated coaching..
              I thought that too, but I think we need his size in the rotation, we don't have a lot of size - him and Khem really, and if one of them is out it's quite noticeable

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Surprised Nurse only went with 8 guys on a back to back on the road.. Fred/OG/Scottie were all around 39-40 minutes.. and you can see how exhausted they got in that final quarter.. but they hung in.

No Pascal, no Khem - that's your 10 man rotation. And probably Nurse really wanted that one

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

not the first time

at 1:20 Blake dives for the ball and Achiuwa just runs
                  First one to a loose ball comes down to who wants it more, and precious had the same half assed "pretend to go for it" move both times, you see that move at the ymca pickup games.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

No Pascal, no Khem - that's your 10 man rotation. And probably Nurse really wanted that one
                    Yep, though I wonder where Yuta will fit in when he's back. He's very solid.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

True starting 5 of FVV, OG, PS, SB, KB? GTF as 6th man? It sure would be nice to be healthy to see how it shakes out. I think Gary could feast on bench defenders as a 6th man and in certain situations / if he's going well, finish the game on the floor. Anyone rests or is injured, Gary comes in to the starting lineup. Again, I guess the concern with that starting lineup discussed remains a lack of 3pt shooting and ability to space the floor.
                      100% agreed on the lineup to try. The shooting is definitely a concern, but the two non-shooting forwards there (leaving aside whether Pascal can find his shot again) are so dynamic, one of them being the primary and the other cutting should be enough to keep the defence off balance, with Fred and OG providing the shooting and Birch rolling and providing rim pressure (and maybe some corner three spacing if we believe in his improvement there).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yep, though I wonder where Yuta will fit in when he's back. He's very solid.
                        True. When healthy, we have quite a deep rotation.

Comment

• In my opinion it is not responsible to make haste proclamation about any player as a result of the win last night….No matter how you convince yourself and the populous how good you are in assessing the players …..of course happy they got one off Philly who is also struggling (2 games in a row loss) before last night. We take the win.

But no Embiid and Simmons is quiet significant.

However, What is more exciting is the continued development of the trio of OG/ Barnes and GTJ, all that matters imo.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

First one to a loose ball comes down to who wants it more, and precious had the same half assed "pretend to go for it" move both times, you see that move at the ymca pickup games.
                            Yup.
                            Achiuwa is just going through the motions.
                            No aggressiveness, no fire, no fight and it shows on the court.

Comment

I thought that too, but I think we need his size in the rotation, we don't have a lot of size - him and Khem really, and if one of them is out it's quite noticeable
                              Good point but the Raps could go "small" in his replacement while he is getting "rehabbed". I notice Bonga who is being quite physical with the 905 competition while having a decent offensive game as well. My point... Achiuwa is probably hurting the Raps right now and he needs development of his bb assets at this stage ... best with the 905 after 11 games here. It is a development year in my mind and Precious just needs more of it to compliment his physical skills.I am also mindful that he was traded for KL (while Dragic sits) ... so

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yup.
                                Achiuwa is just going through the motions.
                                No aggressiveness, no fire, no fight and it shows on the court.
                                Not you but don’t give a shit of an opinion of a forum poster assessing the game and showing hate on Achiuwa vs. Masai and Bobby

Comment

Working...
                                X