Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry is not Player of the Week in the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry is not Player of the Week in the East?

Surprised? Well not really... 'We live in Canada'

He basically was a catalyst against OKC

He carried against Boston (35 points)

Triple Double against Washington

Who cares about the Sixers

---

Deron Williams?

Slightly easier schedule.

Lost To Bucks

Explain that one to me RR...
    - You can be called "Zemic" -

Brook Lopez was 14/6, DeMar was 22/3/3 last week, so I'm guessing vote-splitting was an issue. Probably will be the whole year.

Comment

Can we just create an "Everything Whoa Is Me...I'm From Canada" thread?
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Kyle Lowry will torch him again and break his ankles when they play next month. Oh and fuck Brooklyn!!!

Comment

Who cares if he isn't. At this point, Lowry's expected to be good; Deron isn't.

Not to mention that, considering the whole North of the Border thing, Lowry's actually getting mentions in early MVP talks (he's currently ranked fourth in the league in terms of value (behind (from first to third in descending order) Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry and Chris Bosh with James Harden rounding out the top five at fifth place).

It's going to be REAL hard this year to deny the man an All NBA spot (much less an All Star spot) so don't sweat one week's award.

4. Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors

Number four might be the unlikeliest of our five candidates to actually win the award when all is said and done. Nonetheless, Lowry has really emerged as a star in this league. He's a hidden gem north of the border, but he's really come out this year as a man on a mission to put Toronto right back into the playoff mix. Now that he's getting paid like a top guard, Lowry is proving himself worth every penny. Through seven games, he's our fourth ranked player with a nERD of 18.5.

Lowry's the main reason his team sits pretty at 6-1. He possesses a 29.6% share of his team's total nERD of 62.5. As the "King of the North" and leader of the Raps, I wouldn't be surprised if Lowry is in and out of our top five throughout the season.

This week: Magic, Bulls, Jazz
          ****For those of you unfamiliar with nERD, it's a player ranking that measures the total contribution of a player throughout the course of a season, based on their efficiency. The league average is 0. Comparable to win shares, this ranking gives an estimate of how many games above or below .500 a league-average team would win with that player as one of their starters.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

But really, the fact that he has "hidden gem" as a label is the telling part of the story.

What the fuck is he hidden from?

By applying labels like this it makes it ok to skip over guys from our market. Public perception is appeased, and he is taken out of a conversation he actually might belong in.

King of the North?

Comment

Nah, its just that Lowry is not the most explosive, flashy point guard that puts out D-Rose highlights, crazy Rondo passes or really deep pull up Steph Curry 3s

He is really efficient, plays in his system, and is a great defender.
              When Toronto gets deeper in the playoffs, I think more people in the US will start to realize how Lowry is the team's backbone

The label is still on the Raptors that we are perennial underachievers, and people don't take us seriously after we wasted so many seasons of prime Bosh and Vince Carter.

Comment

On a similar note, Chris Sheridan mentioned - and dismissed - Derozan as a possible MVP candidate to thank for the Raptors big start, since he was our top scorer. He apparently didn't even consider Lowry.

Comment

Chris Sheridan is an idiot

On a side not that nERD stat seems very interesting Just Is, thanks for letting us know about it.
                  - You can be called "Zemic" -

Comment

Zeknight wrote: View Post
                    Chris Sheridan is an idiot

On a side not that nERD stat seems very interesting Just Is, thanks for letting us know about it.
                    No problem. And the hidden gem just had to do with Lowry's play style.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                      On a similar note, Chris Sheridan mentioned - and dismissed - Derozan as a possible MVP candidate to thank for the Raptors big start, since he was our top scorer. He apparently didn't even consider Lowry.
                      Well Chris Sheridan is a damn idiot
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I do get a little tired of journalists forming opinions off of box scores.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          I do get a little tired of journalists forming opinions off of box scores.
                          It's not just journalists forming their opinions off them either. Granted, it makes it VERY easy to tell who actually watches a team/player play.

Comment

I can't even lie. I'm liking this lack of exposure. It just feels so much better when we come in a whoop some ***.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                              Can we just create an "Everything Whoa Is Me...I'm From Canada" thread?
                              It's "Woe is me" not "Whoa is me"

Comment

Working...
                              X