GAME #14: Raptors @ Pistons - Saturday Nov 13th - 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #14: Raptors @ Pistons - Saturday Nov 13th - 7:30pm EST

It's the Casey-Nick Bowl! Since his departure, Dwane Casey and his Detroit Pistons are 6-3 against Nick Nurse and the Toronto Raptors. Detroit swept Toronto in 2019 and 2021. Toronto swept Detroit in 2020. Feels like it's Nick's turn for a sweep in this classic.

Toronto is coming off a win against the 76ers and are 7-6 in this early start to the season. Detroit will be playing a second game of a back to back as they play the Cavaliers on Friday. They did win their previous game against the Rockets on Wednesday and are currently 2-8.

There will be a few interesting show-downs in this game outside of Nick and Dwane.

First there is the rookie matchup. #1 pick Cade Cunningham vs. #4 pick Scottie Barnes.

Each team also has 3 Canadians. Kelly Olynyk, Cory Joseph and Trey Lyles vs. Chris Boucher, Dalano Banton and hopefully Khem Birch.

And finally of course 3&D wings that are trying to show they can become #1 options in Jerami Grant vs OG Anonuby.

Let's go Raptors!

Raps played their away games and have one at home before heading on the road for six. Should be Toronto hosting Detroit.

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post
      Raps played their away games and have one at home before heading on the road for six. Should be Toronto hosting Detroit.
      Good catch! Was a copy/paste error on my part. Do mods still work here?? Can one fix the title for me please?

Comment

I've looked ahead to this upcoming road trip as a good time for the team to bond (without the distractions of home) and further learn how to adapt to new roles and their teammates. But it would sure be nice to head out on the road on a high with a victory here, as for whatever reason, the team has struggled at home. A good confident, comfortable victory against Detroit at home would be really nice. I like how Nurse has let guys get reps and play through their mistakes (Precious is an obvious one here, but even letting the other starters take turns forcing their offence a little - only Scottie has been perfect here : ), but I'd like to start seeing consistency. Great to win the game late against Philly lets keep it going in this one.

Would love to see another great performance from Scottie in this Saturday night matchup against Cade... thereby allowing the legend to continue to grow. Thumb looks like it's getting better - look out league

Comment

The next 10 games after are tough. All playoff contenders, 3 juggernauts, and 6 straight on the road. Need to win this one, build up a cushion to stay above .500 after that tough stretch is done.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

So I guess no Kelly O for this one as he's out 6 weeks. Just saw the news bulletin:
            https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ue-knee-sprain

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Uh oh, we're really gonna have trouble against their center.....umm.....

*looks up roster*

Kelly Olyn--oh he's hurt

*keeps scrolling*

Isaiah Stewart...

Nevermind.

Comment

Pascal at the 5 all game? Or do we run Boucher in at the 5 like we did last season? Thank god Detroit traded Plumlee. He kicked our ass last year.

Comment

Casey and the Pistons do love to step up against us. Lets see how this goes

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                      Casey and the Pistons do love to step up against us. Lets see how this goes
                      Shame him and Nick no longer are friends. Nurse should present him with an autographed copy of his book, maybe that would help.

Comment

Game day. The four Raps Bonga, Champaignie, Banton, Johnson scored 85 in the 905 win. Should be fun if they play the G league team Detroit is sending to Toronto. PS on a back to back. Cleveland held them under 80 for the 20 point blowout.

Comment

Dalano > Cade

Is our man Banton gonna play his 4th game in as many days?

Comment

Pistons eh? I have two words - Scottie's better.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Classic quote by Casey in 2019. What happened after this?

Raptors immediately go on to win a championship. Casey presides over epic losing era for the storied Detroit franchise, that is still in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X