Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #14: Raptors @ Pistons - Saturday Nov 13th - 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Defending 0-3 feet, Raptors are BOTTOM DWELLERS

    Code:
                                    
                                 FG%
    Rk                     Team 0-3V
    1             Atlanta Hawks .740
    2      New Orleans Pelicans .732
    3           Toronto Raptors .729
    4            Denver Nuggets .727
    5            Boston Celtics .718
    6                Miami Heat .711
    7              Phoenix Suns .704
    8                 Utah Jazz .699
    9        Philadelphia 76ers .695
    10       Los Angeles Lakers .694
    11         Dallas Mavericks .689
    12          Houston Rockets .687
    13        Charlotte Hornets .684
    14   Minnesota Timberwolves .678
    15          Milwaukee Bucks .676
    16       Washington Wizards .672
    17    Golden State Warriors .672
    18        Memphis Grizzlies .671
    19            Chicago Bulls .666
    20    Oklahoma City Thunder .664
    21            Orlando Magic .664
    22         Sacramento Kings .654
    23        San Antonio Spurs .651
    24            Brooklyn Nets .643
    25           Indiana Pacers .642
    26     Los Angeles Clippers .635
    27          Detroit Pistons .630
    28   Portland Trail Blazers .626
    29      Cleveland Cavaliers .615
    30          New York Knicks .600
                 League Average .673
    Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 11/14/2021.
    You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


    Comment


    • More work to be done defending the 3 point line

      Code:
                                      
                                   FG%
      Rk                     Team  3PV
      1           Detroit Pistons .405
      2         Memphis Grizzlies .403
      3      New Orleans Pelicans .386
      4            Indiana Pacers .375
      5    Portland Trail Blazers .372
      6           New York Knicks .369
      7             Chicago Bulls .362
      8              Phoenix Suns .361
      9          Dallas Mavericks .358
      10          Toronto Raptors .356
      11       Philadelphia 76ers .354
      12        Charlotte Hornets .351
      13            Atlanta Hawks .348
      14    Oklahoma City Thunder .344
      15         Sacramento Kings .342
      16       Los Angeles Lakers .333
      17     Los Angeles Clippers .331
      18        San Antonio Spurs .331
      19      Cleveland Cavaliers .330
      20            Orlando Magic .329
      21               Miami Heat .326
      22                Utah Jazz .325
      23          Milwaukee Bucks .324
      24          Houston Rockets .323
      25           Boston Celtics .322
      26   Minnesota Timberwolves .322
      27           Denver Nuggets .320
      28    Golden State Warriors .313
      29            Brooklyn Nets .310
      30       Washington Wizards .295
                   League Average .344
      Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
      Generated 11/14/2021.
      You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

      When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


      Comment


      • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Defending 0-3 feet, Raptors are BOTTOM DWELLERS

        Code:
        FG%
        Rk Team 0-3V
        1 Atlanta Hawks .740
        2 New Orleans Pelicans .732
        3 Toronto Raptors .729
        4 Denver Nuggets .727
        5 Boston Celtics .718
        6 Miami Heat .711
        7 Phoenix Suns .704
        8 Utah Jazz .699
        9 Philadelphia 76ers .695
        10 Los Angeles Lakers .694
        11 Dallas Mavericks .689
        12 Houston Rockets .687
        13 Charlotte Hornets .684
        14 Minnesota Timberwolves .678
        15 Milwaukee Bucks .676
        16 Washington Wizards .672
        17 Golden State Warriors .672
        18 Memphis Grizzlies .671
        19 Chicago Bulls .666
        20 Oklahoma City Thunder .664
        21 Orlando Magic .664
        22 Sacramento Kings .654
        23 San Antonio Spurs .651
        24 Brooklyn Nets .643
        25 Indiana Pacers .642
        26 Los Angeles Clippers .635
        27 Detroit Pistons .630
        28 Portland Trail Blazers .626
        29 Cleveland Cavaliers .615
        30 New York Knicks .600
        League Average .673
        Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
        Generated 11/14/2021.
        There's a cluster of really good teams listed there whom share company with the Raps.

        Comment


        • I checked the stats and I thought maybe the Raptors are just poor in defending the corner threes but in all actuality, they have a general problem defending the three overall.

          Nick Nurse over helping defense HAS been and STILL the main story line, three players collapsing close to the free throw line and then leaving a shooter outside

          The game last night was a Prime Prime example.

          You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

          When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


          Comment


          • LJ2 wrote: View Post

            There's a cluster of really good teams listed there whom share company with the Raps.
            No dispute on this statement but like Miami and Denver, they also make that up by defending the three.

            You cannot win them all for sure but if you are just mediocre in most areas then that’s the issue going forward
            You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

            When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


            Comment


            • https://craftednba.com/player-traits/rim-defense

              huh funny Precious has 2nd best Expected vs Actual Field Goal Percent
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • Right after last season and in the offseason, the optimism of the majority was that the Raptors will no longer be playing in Tampa and are expecting playing in front of their home crowd and that would give them A huge advantage.

                yet, They are 2-6 at home so far. So the unavailable comforts of home as an excuse last season could just be fools gold.

                This long stretch away from home may define the character of the team

                You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                Comment


                • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                  Goal of every offense (simplified) is to create a double team and let one guy be open. Raptors bail out the opposing teams by doubling.
                  I don't mind doubling at certain times throughout the game, but if you use it too much teams will adjust and use your aggression against you. Kind of like using zone... you have to mix it up.

                  Comment


                  • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    Right after last season and in the offseason, the optimism of the majority was that the Raptors will no longer be playing in Tampa and are expecting playing in front of their home crowd and that would give them A huge advantage.

                    yet, They are 2-6 at home so far. So the unavailable comforts of home as an excuse last season could just be fools gold.

                    This long stretch away from home may define the character of the team
                    I think it balances out eventually. It's a young and inexperienced group, key players have been out, they are experimenting with rotations and and new style of play. I know every team is dealing with their own issues, so not making excuses, but look around for the NBA. Nobody is really on fire right now except maybe the Warriors.

                    Comment


                    • Blazers getting the breaks beat out of them. You know they're gonna come out firing tomorrow.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • Meh, tough game. FVV is huge for us, Banton had to play a lot and was on his 4th game in 4 nights (not sure what they were thinking with that), surprised we didn't get more Flynn. Dragic playing a lot is always not good, though he was the least of our problems in this one.

                        Boucher had to play a lot of C, which went poorly; we had to play small a lot, which works less well without Fred; they hit loads of threes (43% vs their season average of 28% heading into the game); we missed loads of FTs...

                        And still, we were right there at the end (when we missed Fred the most) and almost stole this one. Admittedly from a bad team, but still good to see them in a dog fight at the end with so many things going wrong. Easy to collapse and give up but they kept fighting.

                        Oh well, on to the next one.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • On to the next one indeed. It's game day (even though it's a west coast game). These inconsistent losses are wearing out the thread starters as well. But someone must want to to the Welcome Home Gary post, no?

                          Comment


                          • Yeah really the only silver lining was Pascal looking good. The charge was an example of poor decision making and forcing too much, but otherwise he looked quite good. Scottie looked like the High IQ athlete he is and also the that rookie he is. Man it would be nice to get healthy and settled so we can see what this group is made of. I suspect we'll (and they'll) learn a lot on this road trip. We should be striving for consistency in everything we do, admittedly that's made difficult with change and disruption being the only consistent thing to start the year.

                            Comment


                            • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              On to the next one indeed. It's game day (even though it's a west coast game). These inconsistent losses are wearing out the thread starters as well. But someone must want to to the Welcome Home Gary post, no?
                              I would, but I don't wanna put the effort in to the bar that has been set. Especially if they kept winning. lol
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • The KINGS are blowing out the Pistons by 20+ points. How the hell did we lose to them again?
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X