GAME #14: Raptors @ Pistons - Saturday Nov 13th - 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

And of course, they’ll shoot 40% from three tonight. But we’ll still win because ....(see The Great One’s post above)
    Well….I was half right.

Comment

• While we should have won, several things conspired for the loss, and none of them were dragic

- some horrid calls
      - boucher hurt when we are already missing size
      - birch not able to play normal minutes (16 mins)
      - no vanvleet
      - trent cooling off (not surprising though, I'll say this again, he is really streaky player and you live with it, he'll hit 5 and then miss 5, reminds me a bit of Vinnie Johnson aka the microwave but better)
      - give Detroit some credit too, they played better than thier record suggests

Great game by siakam, this bodes well for the rest of the season.

-

Comment

• It was good to be at the game tonight but those turnovers that were unforced were killers took the crowd right out of it

Comment

• Watching the game live there is a lot of meat left on the bone when it comes to the offence I could see passes and lobs that could have be thrown or made. Guys wide open in the corner, drive lanes ignored or not seen. Guys running to the same side of the floor. One play stands out where OG told banton to go to the other side which left OG only then he passed the ball to the side with 4 guys on it?!?

the one thing I took from this game tho is OG doesn’t have a good sense for basketball everything he does looks like he is thinking every dribble every step. Maybe just a bad game but I left shaking my head like how don’t u see that if I can see that clear as day.

on a positive note it was good to see what the team looks like without Fred and precious and I did see flashes of what we could be.

barnes shut down Cade for 3 almost 4 quarters I think he had 3 points going into the forth

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Man did we play down down down to the competition. Just carelessly let them build that lead and then couldn’t get it back.

Embarrassing stuff despite the big night from Spicy.
            Raps have a small margin for error thus season and with the missing bodies it was really small tonight. Can’t miss free throws and survive all the defensive breakdowns as well. The way over helping when it isn’t necessary at all is getting beyond tiresome and it killed them tonight.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Raps have a small margin for error thus season and with the missing bodies it was really small tonight. Can’t miss free throws and survive all the defensive breakdowns as well. The way over helping when it isn’t necessary at all is getting beyond tiresome and it killed them tonight.
              Don't know why we getting these defenders when we never let them defend one on one.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is Fred the key to setting the defensive tone? Lots to gripe about from this game, FT's, TO's etc, but the defence was lacking and there is no excuse for that, unless we are underestimating Fred's impact on the defensive end and leadership.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Don't know why we getting these defenders when we never let them defend one on one.
                  To me, it looks like we’re using a variation of the Pack Line pressure defense, which is typically used in college when you have weak individual defenders and also to plug driving gaps. That type of defense is susceptible to giving up open 3s on the weak side, but we shouldn’t also be giving up dunks and layups like last night. That was probably an energy issue.

Comment

• Flynn only playing 4 mins in a game where FVV was out is a head scratcher. I remember last season saying I wasn't comfortable with Flynn as the primary back up PG with Lowry gone because he didn't look ready, but damn has Nick taken it to another level.

Comment

• I start every season convincing myself there is a path to this team being really good, but it's starting to settle in that this season they won't be. The close win against depleted Sixers and now this loss to a very bad Pistons is a cold, scary reality. I still think we can make the playoffs but it's more of a development year like everyone has been saying all along.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

To me, it looks like we’re using a variation of the Pack Line pressure defense, which is typically used in college when you have weak individual defenders and also to plug driving gaps. That type of defense is susceptible to giving up open 3s on the weak side, but we shouldn’t also be giving up dunks and layups like last night. That was probably an energy issue.
                        Goal of every offense (simplified) is to create a double team and let one guy be open. Raptors bail out the opposing teams by doubling.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I start every season convincing myself there is a path to this team being really good, but it's starting to settle in that this season they won't be. The close win against depleted Sixers and now this loss to a very bad Pistons is a cold, scary reality. I still think we can make the playoffs but it's more of a development year like everyone has been saying all along.
                          like Keon said. Raptors needed this win because next games are against really solid teams.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Flynn only playing 4 mins in a game where FVV was out is a head scratcher. I remember last season saying I wasn't comfortable with Flynn as the primary back up PG with Lowry gone because he didn't look ready, but damn has Nick taken it to another level.
                            Yeah, I had a feeling about this before the season. Flynn just doesn’t fit what Nurse wants.

Comment

• blah. hate losing to "pound the rock". oh well.

Comment

• You can't give up wide open 3 and wide open layups. That's basically what happened last night. Even with all that, the Raps were still in control of the game late 3rd. The momentum changed when Boucher took that DUMB contested 3 and then fouled a 3pt shooter on the other end. OG playing like he doesn't give a shit didn't help.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X