Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I dunno... but isn't up to Durant?

I'm not sure why there is a discussion about whether or not you grab the best player in the NBA, thats kinda...well obvious. No?

Maybe though, you save that cash, and push for the other guy, the Pelican. That guy is the one ya want. Not Kevin durant.
    I assume you mean Davis...

The difference being that Davis will be a restricted free agent...so you will have to give up more than money if you have any chance of getting him (would probably be a sign and trade). I also don't see that happening. He'll probably just get his max extension from NOP and stay there longer.

Durant you need nothing but cash. Unrestricted guy in the middle of his prime...Just needs to be convinced which situation is best for him.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I dunno... but isn't up to Durant?

I'm not sure why there is a discussion about whether or not you grab the best player in the NBA, thats kinda...well obvious. No?

Maybe though, you save that cash, and push for the other guy, the Pelican. That guy is the one ya want. Not Kevin durant.
      Focus on the brow in 5 years.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        You missed my point.

You don't have to choose DD/JV or KD.

You have to choose between KD or Amir/Ross. In that case, hmmmmmm......
        Yeah, that's a no brainer. However look at what Ujiri got for Melo in Denver. You don't think that the Thunder will be pointing this out in any talks about Durant? Durant is twice the player Melo is in my books.

Comment

We have 32 million coming off the books.

Why don't we make a big free agent push at Love first, then look at KD?
          He's a generational talent game changer, top 3 PF in this league and fits perfect in this offense.
          Trade Ross plus 2nd for Harrison Barnes.
          Re-Sign Lou Williams and draft a decent backup center, or just re-sign Amir on the cheap.

Lowry, Vasquez
          DD, Lou Williams
          Harrison Barnes, JJ, Bruno
          Love, 2Pat
          JV, Amir?, Bebe

Comment

hahaha

ya, the UFA thing hurts.

KD will have to do.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah, that's a no brainer. However look at what Ujiri got for Melo in Denver. You don't think that the Thunder will be pointing this out in any talks about Durant?
              The rules have since changed though.

Sign and trade is not going to net KD anymore money. If the raps have the cap space the thunder are 3rd on leverage list behind UFA KD and Raps (and any other team with cap space)

Also any reference comparing negotiations with James Dolan is going to be laughable on Masai's end - lol
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 11, 2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                We have 32 million coming off the books.

Why don't we make a big free agent push at Love first, then look at KD?
                He's a generational talent game changer, top 3 PF in this league and fits perfect in this offense.
                Trade Ross plus 2nd for Harrison Barnes.
                Re-Sign Lou Williams and draft a decent backup center, or just re-sign Amir on the cheap.

Lowry, Vasquez
                DD, Lou Williams
                Harrison Barnes, JJ, Bruno
                Love, 2Pat
                JV, Amir?, Bebe
                Love over KD? No. Freakin. Way.

They aren't on the same level. KD is one of two, maybe three now (with Davis emerging) legit, obvious, hands down, nobody can argue against franchise players in this league.

Then again, I've always thought Love is quite overrated.

Comment

KD can be our LeBron and DD can be our Wade

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Durant you need nothing but cash. Unrestricted guy in the middle of his prime...Just needs to be convinced which situation is best for him.
                    From Zach Lowe at Grantland:
                    That intel (on Durant’s leanings) is all over the place, by the way. Some teams are optimistic it will be open season, and others have heard rumblings that Durant has already made it known it will come down to the Thunder and Wizards. Nobody really knows.

There is also the wild-card possibility that Durant signs a one-year deal so he can enter free agency again in the summer of 2017 — when he’ll have 10 years of experience, and thus be eligible for a larger max contract.
                    It's going to come down to winning. All things being equal Washington will have an edge. I think we will have to really dominate the East and make the conference finals either this year or the next to have a shot.

LeBron went home to a bad team with the pieces to get much better; we won't be afforded that luxury.

I think one of the ancillary reasons you play Bruno garbage time now (like against the Sixers) is that there is already a sort of Giannis-like mystery around him that needs to be nurtured into buzz, so that you can make make a trade chip out of him. Sacrificing Wiggins for Love was necessary for the Cavs. We may need to make similar maneuevers in order to shore up our winning potential by the summer of 2016.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, that's a no brainer. However look at what Ujiri got for Melo in Denver. You don't think that the Thunder will be pointing this out in any talks about Durant? Durant is twice the player Melo is in my books.
                      What talks about Durant? He'll be an UFA. Why are there talks?

It's widely agreed the Melo-drama was immeasurably stupid on the parts of the Knicks and Nets...they got into a bidding war over a guy bound for UFA where they could just pay for him straight up.

Not sure how likely that type of scenario is to replay itself.

Comment

Love over KD? No. Freakin. Way.

They aren't on the same level. KD is one of two, maybe three now (with Davis emerging) legit, obvious, hands down, nobody can argue against franchise players in this league.

Then again, I've always thought Love is quite overrated.
                        You try for all the game-changer max contracts guys, because the chance of getting one is so rare.

Let's say for some reason Kevin Love wanted to come here because of prompting from Ujiri (and Drake). Are we really going to pass on him for a puncher's chance at KD? No, you take the bird in the hand, even if the bird in the bush might be nicer.

I think you're a championship contender with Love, DeRozan and Lowry, especially if Bruno turns out.

That said, I think there's a better chance for KD than Love overall. They're both so slim though, if you get one you take it.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

What talks about Durant? He'll be an UFA. Why are there talks?

It's widely agreed the Melo-drama was immeasurably stupid on the parts of the Knicks and Nets...they got into a bidding war over a guy bound for UFA where they could just pay for him straight up.

Not sure how likely that type of scenario is to replay itself.
                          If anything the Melo situation would make more sense today since the owner of his bird rights would be able to offer a much larger contract.

NJ-BKN and the Knicks were stoooopid

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            You try for all the game-changer max contracts guys, because the chance of getting one is so rare.

Let's say for some reason Kevin Love wanted to come here because of prompting from Ujiri (and Drake). Are we really going to pass on him for a puncher's chance at KD? No, you take the bird in the hand, even if the bird in the bush might be nicer.

I think you're a championship contender with Love, DeRozan and Lowry, especially if Bruno turns out.

That said, I think there's a better chance for KD than Love overall. They're both so slim though, if you get one you take it.
                            I would rather sign Horford than Love. Other than Love's 3 pt shot, Horford is a better fit in every way if you ask me. **Oh, and Horford might be fairly far from a max contract guy...whereas with Love he'll get one whether he deserves it or not.

You don't just lash out with money because of how high-profile a guy is. Building the right team matters far more. Just ask the Knicks.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Nov 11, 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              If anything the Melo situation would make more sense today since the owner of his bird rights would be able to offer a much larger contract.

NJ-BKN and the Knicks were stoooopid
                              Yeah, but I still don't find it likely. The team would have to a) have assets good enough to trade, and b) be a good enough team that Durant will want to re-sign....those two things are not likely to align since mostly bad teams will have the abundance of assets to give up, and good teams that might will not want to risk losing talent which could make them worse and make the situation less attractive for Durant to actually stay.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I found a voodoo doll to help convince him.

What exactly are you going to do to that doll? Rub it's crotch while whispering "Raptors" in its ear?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X