Wojnarowski: Wouldn't Be Surprised If Ujiri Goes After Durant In Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    What exactly are you going to do to that doll? Rub it's crotch while whispering "Raptors" in its ear?
    If it'll work, I'll consider it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If it'll work, I'll consider it
      Sure that isnt a Kendrick Perkins doll? ...dressed up in a KD uni? The doll has a scowl and much too heavyset. Nightmare scenario. It is. Your voodoo is powerful. Masai goes to airport to welcome KD. Perk shows up: Whasssup Ujiri....didnt know you liked me so much. MU slices wrists.

Comment

If we are going after KD, what does that mean for Amir's offseason?? Will Amir be with us next year?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If we're able to get KD, I'd imagine Amir would take a paycut to remain with us and simply be on a winning team. Getting KD though is the hard part. Convincing others to join/ re-sign is the easy part...
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I can't believe Waiters was actually included in a "best backcourt" conversation. Ridiculous.
            He was the conversation starter! lmao

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Yeah, but I still don't find it likely. The team would have to a) have assets good enough to trade, and b) be a good enough team that Durant will want to re-sign....those two things are not likely to align since mostly bad teams will have the abundance of assets to give up, and good teams that might will not want to risk losing talent which could make them worse and make the situation less attractive for Durant to actually stay.
              I agree. Knicks/Dolan was stupid. It is why they are in state they are in today and why Donnie Walsh left pretty much immediately afterwards.

I was talking in general terms about difference then and now.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                If we are going after KD, what does that mean for Amir's offseason?? Will Amir be with us next year?
                Between MU's love for flexibility and Amir's ankles, I have a hard time seeing the Raptors offering Amir a rich, long-term contract. Perhaps a single big payday year, with a series of team options? I've always felt that Amir was a backup / 3rd big / 6-7th man type player anyway, so I'd prefer not to see the team invest too heavily in him, especially for the long-term.

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                  If we're able to get KD, I'd imagine Amir would take a paycut to remain with us and simply be on a winning team. Getting KD though is the hard part. Convincing others to join/ re-sign is the easy part...
                  It doesn't work like that. KD is a free agent in 2016. Amir is a free agent this offseason.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Between MU's love for flexibility and Amir's ankles, I have a hard time seeing the Raptors offering Amir a rich, long-term contract. Perhaps a single big payday year, with a series of team options? I've always felt that Amir was a backup / 3rd big / 6-7th man type player anyway, so I'd prefer not to see the team invest too heavily in him, especially for the long-term.
                    Nick Collison is the answer.

Use cap space next year on huge signing bonus with a $3m per year salary.

4 years
                    $12m
                    $22m signing bonus

$34m total = $8.5m per year

Hopefully he would see advantage of doing this and what it could do for Toronto long term. Assumptions:
                    1) Amir wants to stay in TO
                    2) Masai wants to keep him

Raps already have 9 players under contract next year. 2015 pick makes 10. Amir would be 11.

Raps roll into 2016 looking pretty deep with or without a superstar FA

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Nick Collison is the answer.

Use cap space next year on huge signing bonus with a $3m per year salary.

4 years
                      $12m
                      $22m signing bonus

$34m total = $8.5m per year

Hopefully he would see advantage of doing this and what it could do for Toronto long term. Assumptions:
                      1) Amir wants to stay in TO
                      2) Masai wants to keep him

Raps already have 9 players under contract next year. 2015 pick makes 10. Amir would be 11.

Raps roll into 2016 looking pretty deep with or without a superstar FA
                      3rd assumption:

Amir wants to win

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        The rules have since changed though.

Sign and trade is not going to net KD anymore money. If the raps have the cap space the thunder are 3rd on leverage list behind UFA KD and Raps (and any other team with cap space)

Also any reference comparing negotiations with James Dolan is going to be laughable on Masai's end - lol
                        Good point. Both sides are intelligent and so Ujiri won't be snatching candy from a baby. I don't see this any different. The Raptors won't be able to sign him outright without clearing space by having a team take on cap and so you're still into a similar enough situation more likely than not. The Thunder organization is strong, let's not unestimate them.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Good point. Both sides are intelligent and so Ujiri won't be snatching candy from a baby. I don't see this any different. The Raptors won't be able to sign him outright without clearing space by having a team take on cap and so you're still into a similar enough situation more likely than not. The Thunder organization is strong, let's not unestimate them.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                          I don't think you read my post.

Assuming conservative cap bump to $80m raps will have enough to offer max with: KL, dd, Bruno, PP, jv, bebe, 3 picks in next 2 drafts all on board.

Comment

Nick Collision will be 35 at the beginning of next season. He's also played his whole career for one organization. Also signing bonuses can be a max of 15% of total compensation. We're not getting him, nor would he make a lot of sense, even though I like the guy.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Nick Collision will be 35 at the beginning of next season. He's also played his whole career for one organization. Also signing bonuses can be a max of 15% of total compensation. We're not getting him, nor would he make a lot of sense, even though I like the guy.
                              I think he was saying to give Amir a collision type contract. Not necessarily bring collision here. I don't even think he'd want to come. He's been in the thunder organization since they were in Seattle
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                I think you missed his point, he is saying to sign Amir similar to how OKC signed Collison; with a ton of signing bonuses but at 3m/year
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X