No announcement yet.

Wojnarowski: Wouldn't Be Surprised If Ujiri Goes After Durant In Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wojnarowski: Wouldn't Be Surprised If Ujiri Goes After Durant In Free Agency

NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski joins Dave Naylor and Bruce Arthur on Toronto 1050. Have a listen. It's worth the 10 minutes.

Woj even goes on to call the Raptors "the sleeping giant in the NBA". That's a BIG statement.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/wojnarowski-...urant-1.132056

I thought it was well-known Raptors were going to have money cleared to go hard after a max-calibre free agent in 2016?

Durant just happens to be the biggest name out there - well, and likely LeBron.

It doesn't seem like Masai to settle for 3rd or 4th best player available so of course I expect a push for KD.

Comment

As fans, we'll have to do our part to make All-Star weekend something the league talks about for decades. The more notoriety the market receives, the better chances of a prized free agent.

Comment

Planting seeds. Thanks Woj. Hope KD is listenin'!

If we have the money available, and KD or Lebron are Free Agents, it would be ridiculous not to at least ask them if they would come play for you for alot of money. Whether or not Masai goes for the "full frontal assault, the 12:01 at your door with the entire team" type pitch, who knows ... I expect Masai to play it way cooler than that .. like "Hey KD .. check out this awesome team .. you can come play for us .. or not .. its totally cool if you don't.. I'll just haunt your dreams for the rest of your life."

Comment

I found a voodoo doll to help convince him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I found a voodoo doll to help convince him.

Bahahahah.. awesome.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how Masai is going to sell him on being the American Caboclo.

But seriously, it would be very interesting if Caboclo matures in to a PF. He has the length no question.

KL
              DD
              KD
              #Bruno2016
              JV

what a matchup nightmare.

Comment

everyone listening to what WOJ said about Cleveland....
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  everyone listening to what WOJ said about Cleveland....
                  I couldn't believe he dropped your name and said you were nuts!

You've made it, buddy!

Comment

You gotta swing for the fences so of course he should go for it. They probably need to give up DD or JV or both to get it done though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

"Dion Waiters has no clue how to function in a functional environment." Hahahaha

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        As fans, we'll have to do our part to make All-Star weekend something the league talks about for decades. The more notoriety the market receives, the better chances of a prized free agent.
                        How gol'darn it?? Wait...

We'll lure the Queen over, have her wear a dashiki and do a jig with Sir Charles (that would be Barkley) to a new Drizzy creation.

That should do it?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          How gol'darn it?? Wait...

We'll lure the Queen over, have her wear a dashiki and do a jig with Sir Charles (that would be Barkley) to a new Drizzy creation.

That should do it?
                          Not sure, but if we get healthy Rob Ford...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            You gotta swing for the fences so of course he should go for it. They probably need to give up DD or JV or both to get it done though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                            If there is a way to not, Bobby Webster will figure it out.

Giving up DD and JV kind of defeats the purpose though, doesn't it? If KD is interesting in just being good, he can do that in OKC and make more money. Only way you're getting a superstar in his prime is by convincing him he can win more in Toronto than where he currently plays.

Assuming the cap is $80M for 2016-17 (which is conservative, I think):

KL: $12M
                            DD: $15.15 cap hold (assume opt out)
                            KD: $24M max
                            Bruno: $1.6
                            Bebe: $1.9
                            JV: $11.7 cap hold (Raps nuts to extend unless lower than this in year 1)
                            PP: $6

That still leaves Raptors with nearly $8M in cap space..... which is likely good enough to cover 3 first round picks over next 2 seasons and remaining 4 cap holds.

I think Amir and Ross are gone before DD and JV.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              "Dion Waiters has no clue how to function in a functional environment." Hahahaha
                              I can't believe Waiters was actually included in a "best backcourt" conversation. Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X