Game 15: Raptors @ Blazers, Mon Nov 15 2021, 10 pm, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

You cant really believe that fvv, boucher and 2 srps will get you sabonis and brogdon?
    Try checking Chris Boucher’s advance stats numbers last season, amazing for his caliber….he played as if a nice hefty contract is already there for the taking. At that time, he was a great add-on to a trade to complete a deal. Fast-forward, I am sure Indiana would welcome Banton and Johnson as well.

This season so far Boucher has been abysmal but still too early though. However, exceeding those numbers maybe improbable

So that proposal now as is…Indiana may say no. Unless Raptors attach a non protected FRP

edit: please understand the timeline when was that posted and not just focus on what was stated

I brought this up because the sky ain’t falling guy and his mob started to spin the Siakam trade wheel.
    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Nov 16, 2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• The Raps starters are playing way too many mins. Trent, Siakam and OG all played 40+ mins last night. FVV and Barnes both played 39. That's insanity. And i'm not making an excuse for Barnes but I wonder if fatigue was an issue in the 4th? the guy played the entire 4th quarter.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        The Raps starters are playing way too many mins. Trent, Siakam and OG all played 40+ mins last night. FVV and Barnes both played 39. That's insanity. And i'm not making an excuse for Barnes but I wonder if fatigue was an issue in the 4th? the guy played the entire 4th quarter.

Comment

• Boucher was a low ceiling player at 28 years of age…his value was at its highest after last season. Selling high on him would have gotten a better return. At this very moment, value is low.

Norman Powell to me was a sell high move, getting a 22 year old with potential was the best return for Masai.

Comment

• One positive I took away from the game last night was that all the starters managed to get a fairly even portion of the shot attempts and were all fairly efficient. Not an easy thing to get everyone to play well at the same time. Has to be one of the keys to success for the type of offense they are running.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Try checking Chris Boucher’s advance stats numbers last season, amazing for his caliber….he played as if a nice hefty contract is already there for the taking. At that time, he was a great add-on to a trade to complete a deal. Fast-forward, I am sure Indiana would welcome Banton and Johnson as well.

This season so far Boucher has been abysmal but still too early though. However, exceeding those numbers maybe improbable

So that proposal now as is…Indiana may say no. Unless Raptors attach a non protected FRP

edit: please understand the timeline when was that posted and not just focus on what was stated

I brought this up because the sky ain’t falling guy and his mob started to spin the Siakam trade wheel.
              The time of proposal doesnt really matter. Thats a trade Indy would never do. They might consider if they were rebuilding and you subbed the SRPs with FRPs...maybe.

Comment

The time of proposal doesnt really matter. Thats a trade Indy would never do. They might consider if they were rebuilding and you subbed the SRPs with FRPs...maybe.
                Just like my proposal, your opposing idea saying that “Indy would never do” (as if one of us have insider information) does not validate anything. I respect your opinion though.

But getting Van Vleet and Boucher with the SRPs at that time does not make them a rebuilding team. I understand where you coming from though, any trade talk that involves Van Vleet warrants a push back, ….all good, I have that effect on people haha.

Didn’t notice you disagreeing on the Siakam trade though.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm coming around to it. Maybe Sacramento likes siakam, precious and a pick enough to pull the trigger. Siakam gives them a 2 way ball handler to build around ant Edwards

At its full potential, fred-trent-og-scottie-KAT is an amazing starting lineup for the next 5 plus years. All those guys would be in their mid 20s to early 30s as scottie is hitting his prime at 24.

Edit: confused my hapless franchises. Said New Orleans, meant Sacramento
                  ya I'm high on Siakam but I'm also open to possibilities.

Siakam is a high energy 2-way wing able to put a lot of pressure on the rim, on team with lots of... high energy 2-way wings able to put pressure on the rim. Team could use a physical tall centre that can score in multiples ways on the half-court and help space the floor by shooting 3's.

KAT is a physical tall centre that can score in multiples ways on the half-court and help space the floor by shooting 3's, and a so-so defender on team with ... lots of so-so defenders. Team could use a high energy 2-way wing able to put a lot of pressure on the rim.

Both borderline all-stars. Swap both, send a pick/prospect in whichever way needed to balance the trade, and this may very well be a win-win for both teams.

A starting lineup of fred-trent-og-scottie-KAT is a very well balanced lineup with stable defence, lots of shooting, passing and court vision, including in the half-court offence vs set defences. Also younger, and like you say very impactful for the next 5 years (plus another 3 or 4 on top of that, when Fred gets older and 22yr old Banton takes over)

Comment

Just like my proposal, your opposing idea saying that “Indy would never do” (as if one of us have insider information) does not validate anything. I respect your opinion though.

But getting Van Vleet and Boucher with the SRPs at that time does not make them a rebuilding team. I understand where you coming from though, any trade talk that involves Van Vleet warrants a push back, ….all good, I have that effect on people haha.

Didn’t notice you disagreeing on the Siakam trade though.
                    Well, you would probably have to sub siakam for boucher for that trade to make sense, but that would be so even for both teams it wouldnt make much sense either. Not sure what siakam trade proposal you are talking about.

Comment

Well, you would probably have to sub siakam for boucher for that trade to make sense, but that would be so even for both teams it wouldnt make much sense either. Not sure what siakam trade proposal you are talking about.
                      How can you call yourself GranTurismo and allow this forum to give you a Raptors Republic Superstar when you are just flicking through posts about a Siakam trade …. .

Anyhooo…months away to the deadline, let’s carry on.

Comment

• Personally I still have to see Siakam in full speed (hoping by the end of this road trip or the latest early December) with Barnes both together on the courts at most times. I pointed out 1 nice play last night with Pascal dishing to a cutting Scottie down low. There was another opportunity that he could have pass to an open Scottie but he didn’t and push through but gotten a foul to boot.

As far as Scottie and Van Vleet are concerned….We have already seen how effective they are if Van Vleet plays OFF and Scottie initiating like the one play last night when Scottie provided a screen and Van Vleet making an uncontested Hail Mary.

If only Van Vleet can perform a decent PnR/ PnP with Scottie rolling or popping to make a 15 footer, they would be unstoppable. Why I wished Lowry is still here than Van Vleet.

Spotlight should always be on Scottie, errors does not matter, he will learn when it’s all said and done.

if either complementary player fail to maximize Scottie’s strength, then a trade is eventually appropriate.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

ya I'm high on Siakam but I'm also open to possibilities.

Siakam is a high energy 2-way wing able to put a lot of pressure on the rim, on team with lots of... high energy 2-way wings able to put pressure on the rim. Team could use a physical tall centre that can score in multiples ways on the half-court and help space the floor by shooting 3's.

KAT is a physical tall centre that can score in multiples ways on the half-court and help space the floor by shooting 3's, and a so-so defender on team with ... lots of so-so defenders. Team could use a high energy 2-way wing able to put a lot of pressure on the rim.

Both borderline all-stars. Swap both, send a pick/prospect in whichever way needed to balance the trade, and this may very well be a win-win for both teams.

A starting lineup of fred-trent-og-scottie-KAT is a very well balanced lineup with stable defence, lots of shooting, passing and court vision, including in the half-court offence vs set defences. Also younger, and like you say very impactful for the next 5 years (plus another 3 or 4 on top of that, when Fred gets older and 22yr old Banton takes over)
                          sounds good to me! I think theyd want a little more though

Comment

Personally I still have to see Siakam in full speed (hoping by the end of this road trip or the latest early December) with Barnes both together on the courts at most times. I pointed out 1 nice play last night with Pascal dishing to a cutting Scottie down low. There was another opportunity that he could have pass to an open Scottie but he didn’t and push through but gotten a foul to boot.

As far as Scottie and Van Vleet are concerned….We have already seen how effective they are if Van Vleet plays OFF and Scottie initiating like the one play last night when Scottie provided a screen and Van Vleet making an uncontested Hail Mary.

If only Van Vleet can perform a decent PnR/ PnP with Scottie rolling or popping to make a 15 footer, they would be unstoppable. Why I wished Lowry is still here than Van Vleet.

Spotlight should always be on Scottie, errors does not matter, he will learn when it’s all said and done.

if either complementary player fail to maximize Scottie’s strength, then a trade is eventually appropriate.
                            Do you really honestly think this team can be good without a legit center???
                            Have a look around the league, every single good team has a good center.
                            Or two.

Comment

• I thought the raptors jacked so many 3’s because it was the most efficient way to score. Seems funny they give up so many open 3’s

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Do you really honestly think this team can be good without a legit center???
                                Have a look around the league, every single good team has a good center.
                                Or two.
                                I don’t think that was my stance, you may incoherently misunderstood me.

I already asked you in another post that if you want a legit center, you have to give up a major piece….who would you want to be traded from the Raptors and would you are targeting as a “legit center”.

Let me remind you in case you don’t know….There are only a few legit centers in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X