More Raptors buzz from Grantland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    "That this is kind of a happy accident, the product of an aborted near-tank last season, only makes the story more fun."
    I completely forgot that our league leading team is a failed tank project.
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

Simmons also calls Toronto "Really, really good." He threw an extra "really" in there for us. Although Zach still thinks that the Cavs and Bulls will be at a higher level than the Raps come playoff time. Which is what every analyst will say if we don't win Thursday's game.
      Omg omg he threw an extra like in for us! Lol a raptor fans who act like the messiah is gracing earth with words of wisdom every time an american talks about the team.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's hilarious that people think the Raptors are due any extra coverage. I still don't think that people trust this team, hell I don't trust them (yet). The next 5 games or so possess actual good teams gotta make it out of there with a winning record and have to beat one of Chicago or Memphis at the least.

Fortunately we tend to play well against both those teams so I'm hopeful.

I still haven't fully figured out this team and am not sure of what I should/can expect. Next 5 games will go a ways in answering that. Go raps
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          It's hilarious that people think the Raptors are due any extra coverage. I still don't think that people trust this team, hell I don't trust them (yet). The next 5 games or so possess actual good teams gotta make it out of there with a winning record and have to beat one of Chicago or Memphis at the least.

Fortunately we tend to play well against both those teams so I'm hopeful.

I still haven't fully figured out this team and am not sure of what I should/can expect. Next 5 games will go a ways in answering that. Go raps
          Even if the Raps go 2-3 over their next 5 games, that's still a very respectable 9-4 record (on pace for 57 wins). Worthy of notice.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Even if the Raps go 2-3 over their next 5 games, that's still a very respectable 9-4 record (on pace for 57 wins). Worthy of notice.
            Agreed. But I need to see them beat the top teams in the league in order to trust them. Otherwise they're the Denver Nuggets of a few years ago. 55wins and a first round exit.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's been both a cream puff schedule with predominantly home games and only one back to back slate so far. Things will balance out eventually, but hard to predict how many wins by season's end. 57 wins would be nice.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

I'm sure it has everything to do with Kate Beirness

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                    It's been both a cream puff schedule with predominantly home games and only one back to back slate so far. Things will balance out eventually, but hard to predict how many wins by season's end. 57 wins would be nice.
                    Two...we had ORL and MIA, then OKC and BOS

Has still been an easy schedule in terms of opponents, but gotta be happy the only game they lost was in MIA, and that they played like crap that game and still weren't too far from pulling out a win.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      I think that's why you don't see anybody getting overly excited by the Raptors start, since it's largely been a matter of them taking care of business, winning games they were expected to win.

A pre-season assessment of first 8 games:

Atlanta: likely win (becomes more probable due to opening night on home court)

Orlando: probable win

Miami: 50/50 game (loss is acceptable, but next-tier team could win)

OKC: probable loss (became likely win after KD injured, then probable win after multiple injuries)

Boston: probable win

Washington: likely win

Philadelphia: probable win

Minimum expected record (pre-season): 5-3

Fair expected record: 6-2

Hopeful expected record: 7-1

Expected record for team worthy of 'contender' status: 8-0

I really don't think the Raptors' results are any different than what they should have been expected to be, given that the team is looking to build on last season's 1st round playoff exit. When you consider that their play for many of the games has been far worse than their record indicates, I don't see too much reason for excitement yet. It's certainly nice to be 7-1, but it's not like the team has been thoroughly dominant and/or knocking off playoff teams.

Comment

Fucking. A. This team is so defiant, tight knit, determined, and down for each other.

Comment

Great.

Way to go James.

Rogers are having a hissy fit in the boardroom and Bell is outside the window going, "Nana nana boo boo!" with fingers in ears and tongues out.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I think that's why you don't see anybody getting overly excited by the Raptors start, since it's largely been a matter of them taking care of business, winning games they were expected to win.

A pre-season assessment of first 8 games:

Atlanta: likely win (becomes more probable due to opening night on home court)

Miami: 50/50 game (loss is acceptable, but next-tier team could win)

OKC: probable loss (became likely win after KD injured, then probable win after multiple injuries)

Boston: probable win

Washington: likely win

Philadelphia: probable win

Minimum expected record (pre-season): 5-3

Fair expected record: 6-2

Hopeful expected record: 7-1

Expected record for team worthy of 'contender' status: 8-0

I really don't think the Raptors' results are any different than what they should have been expected to be, given that the team is looking to build on last season's 1st round playoff exit. When you consider that their play for many of the games has been far worse than their record indicates, I don't see too much reason for excitement yet. It's certainly nice to be 7-1, but it's not like the team has been thoroughly dominant and/or knocking off playoff teams.
                            So probable is more likely than likely?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Great.

Way to go James.

Rogers are having a hissy fit in the boardroom and Bell is outside the window going, "Nana nana boo boo!" with fingers in ears and tongues out.
                              I dont care how much sportsnet paid for hockey, tsn is still the go to channel for most canadian sports fans. All about production. Sportsnet, with all of its money, still screams "low budget!!" To me.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I dont care how much sportsnet paid for hockey, tsn is still the go to channel for most canadian sports fans. All about production. Sportsnet, with all of its money, still screams "low budget!!" To me.
                                I agree, except for highlights/recaps. Sportscentre is too hockey centric for my liking. My go-to channel is Sportsnet360.

Comment

Working...
                                X