Game #9: Chicago Bulls 100 - Toronto Raptors 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Wtf is up with Rose? the guy is questionable every game it seems.

Honestly, I want them to play. I want the Raptors to beat this Bulls squad at full strength so that they can make a clear statement to the league that they are 100% legitimate.

If they don't, then the Raptors better win.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

his freakin career is questionable. It would be quite sad if i didn't want to stomp on Chicago's necks
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Rose is afraid to go up against the best PG in the East
        OG is our king

Comment

Playing teams that are at less than full strength is so unsatisfying to me. It doesn't give us any real useful info about matchups or how we respond to adversity.

As for Rose himself, apparently he's considering life after basketball with all these games he's missing... Must be supremely frustrating to be a Bulls fan.

Comment

Considering Amir and Jonas are playing hurt, I don't really care if the opponents are hurt too.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Playing teams that are at less than full strength is so unsatisfying to me. It doesn't give us any real useful info about matchups or how we respond to adversity.

As for Rose himself, apparently he's considering life after basketball with all these games he's missing... Must be supremely frustrating to be a Bulls fan.

"Derrick Rose gets paid to play basketball, that’s his job. Part of the job is dealing with injuries and playing while hurt. We all know the reality is that athletes will be dealing with long term effects of these injuries in their post playing days. The upside is that they are more than compensated financially.

Every day people go to work injured, no one is 100%. Construction workers deal with injuries that will linger for life, farmers will deal with similar injuries. Desk workers will deal with long term injuries. But we sign up for it because we know these risks exist and the payoff is receiving a paycheck and when we no longer have to do it or the injuries are no longer worth it we either retire or find something new to do.

If being a basketball player is no longer worth being injured, than maybe Rose should retire. Playing hurt is part of the job you are paid to do. There is a difference between being INJURED and being HURT. Playing hurt is playing through soreness, playing through a twisted ankle, a sore back or sore knees. Derrick Rose is saying that his long term health is more important than playing basketball, I hold nothing against him for that. All I am saying is that if health is more important than take the money you’ve made and retire. Go work as a TV commentator then."

Written by NBA.com commentator verkleyalex

I have to agree with this. I wouldn't say I am so harsh with my sentiment, but the core of the point is what I agree with. Derrick Rose is making excuses, and he should be playing. Resting him as a precaution is fine, but if he is playing after 3 days (like he will/should be tomorrow), he should be playing. To not play because he is 'worried about his future' is a rather illegitimate and rather ignorant argument to make in my opinion, because everyone, regardless of their profession, goes to work whilst being aware of the risks that surround their work. So long as they choose to do that work, they should do it, otherwise they should either retire from that profession or change to a different one.

EDIT: Link to NBA.com article regarding Rose's comments.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/1...ov-12-2/#bulls
              Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Wed Nov 12, 2014, 07:30 PM.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Or if you're a teammate of Rose. Like seriously, every game he's questionable/probable. Must be real frustrating. Wonder what guys like Noah, Heinrich, you know the leaders of that team thinks about this.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think Rose made things a bit more cloudy today (not regarding tomorrow's game...just in general)

http://deadspin.com/sports-columnist...ose-1657998407

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I think Rose made things a bit more cloudy today (not regarding tomorrow's game...just in general)

"I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. Just learning and being smart."

wow... and Bulls are paying him $90M. Ugh. He does understand that NBA isn't UFC? right?

Comment

Rose & Amir should compare notes and ankles.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

So basically, he could play, but hes worried about meetings and graduations..

Michael jordan hes not.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          Its not thursday, but it can't hurt to have a little throwback in this thread huh?

I don't know how you found that... but Thank You. Truly, thank you. Haha That was awesome.

Comment

I'd say "Questionable" is different than "Probable".

Comment

Maybe he should just opt out of his contract and sign a new one that goes year-to-year heavily laden on bonuses that are based on games played. He can retire at whatever junction of his career he pleases to and be ready for graduations and meetings.... personally the dude is one primadona.
                              Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                I'm concerned that if the Raps continue to start slow that most of the TNT audience will have changed channels by the time the Raps turn it on for the W.
                                Most of the TNT audience will be gunning for Chicago though, no? So they'll likely stick around I'd imagine to witness the epic don't-call-it-a-comeback.

Comment

Working...
                                X