Bulls Raptors
    PG Kirk Hinrich PG Kyle Lowry
    SG Jimmy Butler SG Demar Derozan
    SF Mike Dunleavy SF Terrence Ross
    PF Pau Gasol PF Amir Johnson
    C Joakim Noah C Jonas Valanciunas
    Last Time we Met:
    FEBRUARY 19, 2014 CHICAGO 94, TORONTO 92
    D.J. Augustin scored 13 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter against his former team to help lead the Chicago Bulls to a 94-92 victory over the Toronto Raptors ... Carlos Boozer led the Bulls with 20 points … DeMar DeRozan topped the Raptors with a game-high 32 points, Kyle Lowry added 16 points, but shot just 4-for-13 ... Chicago came out strong and led by 10 at the end of the first quarter ... Tensions were high between the teams early as Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau and Lowry each picked up technical fouls in the first quarter ... Tempers flared early in the second quarter as Chicago’s Nazr Mohammed and Toronto’s Tyler Hansbrough got entangled and were each called for a technical foul ... Chicago would continue to add to its lead, pulling ahead by as many as 15 before the Raptors called a timeout midway through the second ... Coming out of the timeout, Toronto reeled off a 14-2 run before trailing 48-41 at the half ... Chicago led 70-62 after three quarters, and back-to-back three-pointers from Augustin to open the fourth put the Bulls up by 10 … The Bulls got stops when they needed them down the stretch and escaped with a victory after DeRozan’s 43-foot heave at the buzzer missed.

Game Notes:
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a seven-game homestand (Nov. 7-21) by hosting the Chicago Bulls. The last time Toronto hosted a nationally televised game on TNT in the regular season was February 27, 2002 vs. Orlando. Toronto’s last TNT game was April 16, 2013 at Atlanta after an Indiana-Boston game was cancelled due to theBoston Marathon. DeMar DeRozan scored 30 points against Atlanta in his only Thursday night TNT appearance.
    • Toronto enters Thursday’s game leading the Eastern Conference for the first time since Nov. 12, 2004 and the first time without being tied. The Raptors 7-1 start is the best in franchise history, eclipsing a 4-1 start in 2004-05. Toronto has an opportunity to set a franchise record Thursday with its sixth straight home win to start a season. The Raptors are 5-0 at home matching the same record from the 2003-04 campaign. During the 2014 calendar year the Raptors are 26-7 (.818) at Air Canada Centre – one of the losses was a 94-92 decision vs. Chicago on Feb. 19.
    • DeMar DeRozan needs four points to tie Andrea Bargnani (6,561) for third place on the Raptors’ all-time scoring list. DeRozan already passed Morris Peterson (6,498) for fourth on the team’s all-time points list Nov. 5 at Boston. DeRozan has averaged 16.8 points in 391 NBA games (379 starts) since being selected ninth overall by the Raptors in the 2009 NBA Draft. The top-5 scorers in franchise history all spent at least seven years with the Raptors and signed extensions with the team following their rookie contracts.
    • Former Bulls draft pick James Johnson led the Raptors in an 11-point fourth quarter comeback Nov. 11 vs. Orlando with a season-high 10 rebounds. Johnson had five boards, four points, two assists, one steal and a block all in the fourth quarter against the Magic. Johnson leads the Raptors during the second half of games with a .667 field goal percentage (14-for-21), blocks (9) and ranks second in rebounds (20) and assists (13). Johnson was originally acquired from Chicago via trade Feb. 22, 2012 and re-signed with the Raptors in the summer following stops in Sacramento and Memphis.
    • Toronto’s second unit of Lou Williams, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson, James Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough have account for 40% of the team’s three-pointers made (27), rebounds (128), assists (59), steals (29) and blocks (16) this season. At least one member of the second unit has scored 10 or more points in each of the first eight games. Williams has reached double-figuring scoring in five straight games (Nov. 4-11). In the last three seasons, Toronto’s main second unit players have also started 265 games.
    • Toronto is 6-0 this season when leading after three quarters. Dating back to the start of last season the Raptors are now 39-2 when ahead entering the fourth, including a perfect 24-0 at Air Canada Centre. Toronto has won 31 straight games when leading after three quarters.
    • Head coach Dwane Casey has an opportunity to tie Lenny Wilkens (113) for second on the team’s all-time coaching victories list. In his fourth season with Toronto, Casey has a 112-126 (.470) record and is the longest tenured coach in the Atlantic division. Sam Mitchell holds the team record with 156 wins as Raptors head coach.
    • Toronto currently leads the NBA in scoring with 107.0 points. It’s the first time the Raptors have scored 100+ points in eight straight games to open a season and tied for the second-longest streak of consecutive 100-point games in team history. The franchise record for consecutive games with 100+ points is 20, achieved Jan. 6-Feb. 20, 2010. Toronto has six players averaging 10+ points – DeRozan (21.9), Lowry (18.0), Ross (11.5), Williams (10.9), A.
      Johnson (10.6) and Valanciunas (10.3).

Keys to the Game:

+ Get those Assists
    + Strong 1st Quarter
    + BIG game from our BIGS.
    + No Uncontested 3s. Rush that Line!

Key Match-Ups

vs.

Can Butler shut Demar down? Can Demar bounce back after possibly his worst outing of the Year? Stay Tuned!

Lets Go Raptors!!

Game Link
    Someone Please Provide Link, and I will update Post
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 12, 2014, 09:32 PM.

Statement game

Comment

Rose not playing?

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
        Rose not playing?
        Appears not!

Comment

Is there any way, on regular cable tv, to watch the tnt feed instead of matt and jack? I was really looking forward to the American broadcasts during the playoffs and was quite disappointed when the first thing i saw in game 1 was leo rautins.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Is there any way, on regular cable tv, to watch the tnt feed instead of matt and jack? I was really looking forward to the American broadcasts during the playoffs and was quite disappointed when the first thing i saw in game 1 was leo rautins.
            Pretty sure there are rules against that. Pretty sure TSN would have jurisdiction, and therefore TNT isn't allowed a local broadcast ... I think.

Comment

Raptors vs Bulls on TNT (THIS IS NOT A GAME THREAD)

Now that the game thread it out, I thought it would be worth starting something just about the event on TNT. Yeah, it makes me look like a typical Canadian in need of American attention but this hasn't happened since 2002. It's something to talk about. It's amazing to see the flood of new stories from different parts of the continent coming in. Just saw that the Swirsk was live tweeting last night's raptors game to get ready. Along that line, is there going to be a Chicago broadcast, a Matt and Jack broadcast and a TNT broadcast? Or does everyone defer to TNT? Not sure.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Appears not!
                ???? I don't see this anywhere. The Star posts Rose as the starter

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  ???? I don't see this anywhere. The Star posts Rose as the starter
                  Hmm Chicago Media Notes don't. That's where I go off.

Comment

Game of the Century! Gotta take 'er home boys!

Comment

I'm guessing there's all different broadcasts for the game. Home, away, radio home, radio away and TNT's. Chuck's commentating. Since we're east coast, I'd imagine TNT using Marv Albert for play-by-play and they'll add in a Fratello or Reggie Miller to balance out Charles Barkley. I wish they'd show the TNT broadcast on TSN2, but they'll probably do the normal Devlin/Jack Armstrong combo with Rod Black/ Rautins doing the halftime stuff.
                      Last edited by kopite91; Wed Nov 12, 2014, 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Is there a reason this conversation can't be had in the Game Thread though? I'd say its super relevant.

Comment

I think that Rose will be questionable until game time. Honestly, when is the last time D Rose even played in the ACC?

I love how the table has been perfectly set for a showdown tomorrow night. Tomorrow is a statement game, and the chance now exists for the Raptors to prove to the NBA how legitimate their 7-1 start is, and to erase any doubt that exists with this team. To prove it against a gritty and deep Chicago Bulls team whilst playing on TNT make this the perfect scenario for an early season showdown.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                            I think that Rose will be questionable until game time. Honestly, when is the last time D Rose even played in the ACC?

I love how the table has been perfectly set for a showdown tomorrow night. Tomorrow is a statement game, and the chance now exists for the Raptors to prove to the NBA how legitimate their 7-1 start is, and to erase any doubt that exists with this team. To prove it against a gritty and deep Chicago Bulls team whilst playing on TNT make this the perfect scenario for an early season showdown.
                            I remember waaay back in the day, with the Vince team, we were in a similar position and getting our First ever TNT Broadcast against Phoenix; and Vince went off for 50. Was amazing and probably one of my favourite Raps memories.

Comment

Was it TNT or NBC back then? I swear it was that game was on NBC...
                              Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                              X