Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 17: Toronto Raptors @ Sacramento Kings - Friday Nov 19th 10pm et - Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie is definitely toned down. I don’t think him and fred get along

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      Scottie is definitely toned down. I don’t think him and fred get along
      I don't see that... that being said Fred did learn his leadership skills from Kyle. Which was you don't get handed anything, you earn it. Difference is kyle was leading late 1st and undrafred guys. Never had a kid this talented come onto the scene. Not saying that their is real friction there just that what Freddy knows
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• So many plays again Barnes open people ignoring, not seeing, or only considering one side. Yet when Barnes touches the ball he sees the whole court every time. He barely touched the ball and got 6 assists....imagine if they actually passed to him. I swear I see him getting frustrated over this. Sometimes he's wide, wide open. There was one particular play where gtj just acted like the whole rest of the team was invisible and dribbled for 10 seconds then jacked up a guarded 3. (Which he missed badly)
        Not sure if it was the same play but I swear Barnes actually started running back before the shot even went up.

Comment

• Really great defensive win. Kings are crappy but they score a lot of points. And they only ended up with 89. The pace was up and down but that's remarkable. Having both Precious and Khem in the game made a huge difference. No real let down when we went to the bench. Precious was actually really really good, and might actually be our best defender. His offense is terrible, but he's really good at defending the rim, and grabbing boards without fouling.

Fouling though was a big problem. Maybe one or two questionable ones.. but overall we had 24 individual fouls. And the Kings were in the bonus at about the 5-6 minute mark in each quarter. That has to improve.

I liked that we stuck to a simpler defensive model.. or at least not a lot of double teaming at the perimeter. Lot of 1 on 1 battles. They had guys like Fox that were able to get to the rim on blow-bys that but's fine. Again overall we kept it simple and were rewarded with a great game. Although the Kings did have some great looks from 3 that didn't go down.. so a lot of that was on them too.

Pascal was awesome. Just got to his spots and got clean looks. Didn't try too hard. 32 points in 12 shots is actually KD-esque. Really efficient game. Again had some ugly turnovers early. Has to clean some of that up.

Trent is really becoming more and more comfortable on offense. Another efficient night for him. Was it the 3rd quarter where he just caught on fire. And I'm glad the team realized that and kept giving it to him.

Boucher was really active. Got 12 boards. Still does some stupid things, but good to see him have a positive game. Maybe playing with an actual C helps his game? Who would have thunk?

FVV had some ugly turnovers.. 7 in total. Failing to bring the ball over in 8 seconds is just idiotic. He had Pascal with him to get the ball over. Really dumb and careless.. But that buzzer beater he had was awesome. To bank that in from that angle is just crazy.

Really fun game. As a fan I really needed that lol. Hope we keep that momentum going into Golden State.. as that will be one tough matchup. Kerr has those guys playing great. Their ball movement and cutting is just crazy. And half their team has only been in the league for 1-3 years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I don't think he looks shook, and he's still playing well on defense as you say. I just think his energy looks kind of low for a guy who is normally quite animated. This is the type of game (blowout) you would think he'd be his normal loud self.
            Easy to be energetic and boisterous for 20+ college games. Really hard to do it over 80 games living out of a suitcase when you can’t remember what city you’re in. He will find a balance.

Comment

• Lol..everyone relax..they beat Sacramento Queens, they are beyond trash. I mean there better than Pistons, we lost 2 Pistons. Anyway, I've seen enough, not that thrilled about this year's raptors, there is alot of talent, I didn't think Lowry's leadership would be missed this much, but if u can't c it, than open your eyes. I'm not feeling Freddy, love him, but I'm just not feeling cohesive vibe of the players, new guard with the old guard. I might be wrong, but there is definitely some tensions.
              This my opinion, I think this team is not going no where, until they move Freddy.
              ​​​Yes Freddy is great on championship team, but are we. Raptors aren't even close 2 contending, maybe not even a playoff team, there is no logic of have him, even Siakim. I don't want these guys 2 move, what are we doing here. I don't c Kawli, Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Giannis on our team that would make us threat for championship team. Barnes could that in time, but his rookie, his not there yet, players like that take time.
              Anyway, I don't know if u guys remember OJ Mayo, he played for the bucks with Giannis start of his career and God was was he brutal of freezing Giannis out. I think it's the same, Freddy..the ball is in his hands, constantly..the ball should be in Barnes hands..90 percent of every offensive play, Barnes is Pg, but u can't start the progression of implementing a high quality talent like Barnes, if he doesn't have the ball and is stuck in the corner, that's on u Coach Nurse to get more 17 shots that u suggested wasn't enough. I just want what's the best for raptors organization in long term, right now we're just consolidating.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                Lol..everyone relax..they beat Sacramento Queens, they are beyond trash. I mean there better than Pistons, we lost 2 Pistons. Anyway, I've seen enough, not that thrilled about this year's raptors, there is alot of talent, I didn't think Lowry's leadership would be missed this much, but if u can't c it, than open your eyes. I'm not feeling Freddy, love him, but I'm just not feeling cohesive vibe of the players, new guard with the old guard. I might be wrong, but there is definitely some tensions.
                This my opinion, I think this team is not going no where, until they move Freddy.
                ​​​Yes Freddy is great on championship team, but are we. Raptors aren't even close 2 contending, maybe not even a playoff team, there is no logic of have him, even Siakim. I don't want these guys 2 move, what are we doing here. I don't c Kawli, Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Giannis on our team that would make us threat for championship team. Barnes could that in time, but his rookie, his not there yet, players like that take time.
                Anyway, I don't know if u guys remember OJ Mayo, he played for the bucks with Giannis start of his career and God was was he brutal of freezing Giannis out. I think it's the same, Freddy..the ball is in his hands, constantly..the ball should be in Barnes hands..90 percent of every offensive play, Barnes is Pg, but u can't start the progression of implementing a high quality talent like Barnes, if he doesn't have the ball and is stuck in the corner, that's on u Coach Nurse to get more 17 shots that u suggested wasn't enough. I just want what's the best for raptors organization in long term, right now we're just consolidating.
                I can agree with using scottie a lot more, but dumping 2 championship level players who are basically all stars isn't the path to becoming a contending team. Who are you going trade for exactly? Nobody is going to trade a kawhi, a lebron, or a kd. So your left trading for similar players, or picks that may or may not turn into talent.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I can agree with using scottie a lot more, but dumping 2 championship level players who are basically all stars isn't the path to becoming a contending team. Who are you going trade for exactly? Nobody is going to trade a kawhi, a lebron, or a kd. So your left trading for similar players, or picks that may or may not turn into talent.
                  Gotta trust in the FO's ability to pick talent, but I agree with you, that's a tear down. Team doesn't need a tear down. They need to play together for another 35-40 games at least before you know what you have.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    Luke Walton is just a horrendous coach…when are they going to fire him
                    The Sacramento Kings fired coach Luke Walton on Sunday, sources told ESPN. Kings have lost seven of eight games and dropped to 6-11 on season – leaving them 12th in the Western Conference.
                    its about time they listened to the Claw

Comment

• Nothing like a game against the Kings to cleanse the palate.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                      X