Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Toronto Raptors @ Golden State Warriors - Sunday Nov 21st 8:30pm ET - Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    To quote Aaron rodgers: r-e-l-a-x

The Raps broadcasters and generally media that covers the team does it no favors cause the coverage is generally so positive that fans' expectations get outsized. In particular, the broadcasts can get downright silly at times with the praise the organization gets.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Raps broadcasters and generally media that covers the team does it no favors cause the coverage is generally so positive that fans' expectations get outsized. In particular, the broadcasts can get downright silly at times with the praise the organization gets.
      yeah Matt Devlin will start losing his mind if Raptors cut down 20 pts lead down to 10

"Here come the Raptors!"
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah Matt Devlin will start losing his mind if Raptors cut down 20 pts lead down to 10

"Here come the Raptors!"
        I mean that is a pretty big cut.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I mean that is a pretty big cut.
          i like Jack more in those situations. He'll always go "Ok can you sustain that" "Can you get another stop"

Comment

"Here come the Raptors!"
            golden wrote: View Post
            If we're lucky, we'll get a fake comeback and cut the lead to 10 in the 4th quarter.
            I mean it did actually happen and it’s almost always predictable. I watch with the sound off to mute Jack. Did Devlin lose his sh*t?

Comment

"Here come the Raptors!"
              That's his job, to keep fans excited and watching the game.

Imagine Matt talked like the guys around here.

"raps cut the lead, but we all know its fools gold"
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I mean it did actually happen and it’s almost always predictable. I watch with the sound off to mute Jack. Did Devlin lose his sh*t?

Comment

It's called "fake comeback". Fool's gold is a team that wins 60 games, but you can't even get excited about it because you know you're going to get Lebronto'ed.

Comment

the midget blocked at the rim again.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Matt Devlin: "We need this"

*Patrick Patterson bricks his 7th open three

Comment

Ok so Raptors are ranked 12 fewest shots in restricted area but 5th highest in percentage. And Raptors are giving up 13th fewest shots from 3 but opponent field goal is 4th highest.

So some out of ordinary hot shooting from opponents. Once those percentages go back to league average DRTG will rise.
                        My thing is if we continue to guard the 3 as terribly as we have will those percentages actually go down? If you give NBA players wide open 3's consistently they are gonna knock them down. So I do think for those percentages to go down we have to start playing better defence. They aren't just going to go down on their own
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

My thing is if we continue to guard the 3 as terribly as we have will those percentages actually go down? If you give NBA players wide open 3's consistently they are gonna knock them down. So I do think for those percentages to go down we have to start playing better defence. They aren't just going to go down on their own
                          They need to control attempts first and foremost. I would be more worried if percentage was low but attempts were high (ie Knicks last year)

Comment

• What drives me nuts is when Matt starts saying it's a 3 possession game when we are down 9.........lol

Comment

• Listening to the Will Lou and Blake Murphy podcast, they talk a lot about the defense and Blake makes a lot of solid points.

- They play this type of defense because they don't have a natural rim protector, so they try to protect the paint by overhelping and allow their perimeter defenders to close out or contest shots on the perimeter.
                              - Communication is a big problem they have.
                              - Raptors are 29th in defensive rebounds, which also plays into why they play this type of defense to force turnovers instead of shot attempts.
                              - Raptors are best in the league in terms of how long it takes opponents to take a shot. On average, opponents have about 8 secs left on the clock.
                              - Raptors can play a more conservative defense, but Nurse has a successful track record of playing the current style, even through the first 9 games where the Raptors were 6th in defense.

Comment

They need to control attempts first and foremost. I would be more worried if percentage was low but attempts were high (ie Knicks last year)
                                If they were giving mostly contested 3's above the break, then you'd want to keep giving up that shot. I don't have the numbers, but it does feel like we're giving up a lot of un-contested or lightly contested 3's, so teams might continue to shoot a high percentage.

There are 10 teams giving up more 3PA (per 100) than Raptors... but all of them are allowing a lower 3P%. If we were holding teams to a low 3P%, then you'd want them to take that shot all day long, rather than limit attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X