• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbas wrote: View Post
    Okay so our easy schedule is done. Shit is about to get real

Nov 13 vs Bulls (6-2) (2 days off)
    Nov 15 vs Jazz (3-5) (2nd game of B2B)

Nov 19 vs Grizz (7-1)

Nov 21 vs Bucks (4-4) (1st game of B2B, 3rd game in 4 days)
    Nov 22 @ Cavs (3-3) (2nd game of B2B)

Nov 24 vs Suns (4-3)
    Nov 26 @ Hawks (3-3) (2nd game of B2B)
    Nov 28 vs Mavs (5-3) (1st game of B2B)

Nov 30 @ Lakers (1-6)
    Dec 2 @ Kings (5-3)
    Dec 3 @ Jazz (3-5)

Dec 5 vs Cavs (3-3) (2nd game B2B)

My guess
    Bulls W
    Jazz W
    Griz W
    Bucks W
    Cavs L
    Suns L
    Atl W
    Mavs L
    LA W
    Kings L
    Jazz W
    Cavs W

I say we go 8-4 therefore we'll have a record of (15-5) 20 games into the season

Tell me what you guys think
    I think 8-4 is the best case REALISTIC scenario (I don't think extremes on either end are likely, 10-2 or 2-10 etc.)

The real challenges are going to be against those physical front-lines like Memphis and Sacramento. We probably lose to both teams and split the two Cavs games. Which means if we take care of business the rest of the way we can afford to drop one game to a Dallas/Phoenix/Chicago, but not more than one.

Won't be easy, but this team can do it.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      What are we supposed to do on November 16th, 17th and 18th??!!

Well after the Jazz game trap, we can discuss whether its time to trade Demar/JV/Kyle(?)
      dont worry we ll have substance! its RR!

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
        2 Pat? Is that you???

I want to be a bit more pessimistic, and say 7-5 or 6-6. Until we start being a little more consistent on both ends.

I can't see us going 6-6, but 7-5 seems possible. The raps have had long stretches where they've played crappy. We can afford to play 3 crap quarters against the magic and come back for a narrow victory, but there aren't many teams in the next 12 where you can do that and still win.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a mini-drop while we work out some kinks. It's possible we are this season's version of last year's blazers. (Hot start, but unable to stay in best team in conference talks as the season progresses). A strong showing (8-4 or better) would be very good.

EDIT: For the record, I voted we go 8-4. Beat most of the clearly underneath us in talent and go around .500 against the stronger opponents.
        Last edited by ezz_bee; Thu Nov 13, 2014, 07:51 AM.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          That November 22nd game were not only gonna win but win by double digits. Book it!
          2nd game of a back-to-back on the road. Won't be easy.

Comment

Is the stuff in brackets the position the Raptors will be in or the opponent? Nov 15 for example shows the Jazz as the second game of a B2B.. however the Raptors have a day break after they play the Bulls.

Assuming its the opponent position.. then both the Cavs and the Raps on Nov 22 will have played the day before. So from that perspective it should be a wash.

From a matchup perspective, I don't like their chances against the Suns, Kings, Grizz and Cavs.. They play the Cavs twice so I say they win one, and lose the other.. probably another loss somewhere else so I go with 7-5.

Comment

8-4. That's reasonable for this team. Sacremento could shock us though.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I wanna say 9-3, losses coming to Cleveland, and Dallas. However, I chose 8-4, mainly because from a gut feeling, they will drop a game they should've won.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Even if we did 4-8 (that no one voted for), we would still be 11-9. Remember when we used to be so happy to be above .500? JUST LAST SEASON?!
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Even if we did 4-8 (that no one voted for), we would still be 11-9. Remember when we used to be so happy to be above .500? JUST LAST SEASON?!
                    Part of that's the schedule though - before each of the last two seasons, you'd look at the schedule and say "if we are .500 after 20 games we've got a real shot" - this year not so much.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

ready for 6-6
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

That November 22nd game were not only gonna win but win by double digits. Book it!
                        Nostradamus baby
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

So guys... who's da real Nostradamus? The 9-3'ers or the 8-4ers?

It all comes down to Cleveland.

Comment

Someone will get Dunked on when we play Cleveland on friday
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Someone will get Dunked on when we play Cleveland on friday
                              All Hail Nostradamus.

will it be lebron plz?

Comment

Working...
                              X