Game Nineteen - Raptors at Grizzlies - Wed. Nov. 24th 8:00pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He's been solid on D for the most part. It's his offense which I think most will complain about, but he's got a lot of potential. Just needs to get more reps in and the game should slow down for him.
    Once he went down you could really see the downgrade on defense. He is pretty solid defender and rebounder.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      The Grizzlies that caught my attention was Bane. He's good.
      Was drafted right after Malachi

Comment

• come home

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

come home
          The Grizzlies can have him.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• First half sucked.. too many defensive break downs. Pascal didn't look interested at all. Were fouling too much and Memphis basically had full control of the game. Precious getting hit with multiple fouls early made a big difference there. Offensively we could have been better.

Third quarter was awesome. Bench with Yuta was a lot of fun. Precious was great.. Yuta just brings energy that Boucher just can't anymore. He was not good offensively but he was everywhere on defense, and that shit is contagious. Trent was just gang busters early in that 4th, and Fred took us home.

Barnes was really good and engaged through out as well. Flynn and Banton gave us good minutes. Pascal had some good possessions late in the game, especially on defense. I think once the rest of the team gave us that energy, Pascal decided to participate.

They can play like that all the time. Just have to want it. The better team won tonight.

Comment

come home
              One day the Raptors will consist of Murray, Shai, Banton, Scottie and Precious.

Brooks can come off the bench.

Comment

come home
                Lobbing for more playing time with team canada. Smart
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Trent is a bucket getter. Team needs him big time. Him and Fred should be our clutch go-to scorers.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

Comment

• What a swing, crazy with 3 mins left it felt like the griz were just straight up beaten even with that much game left and like a 9 point game.

Imagine a world where precious can hit like that consistently? That would be dangerous.......

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                      What a swing, crazy with 3 mins left it felt like the griz were just straight up beaten even with that much game left and like a 9 point game.

Imagine a world where precious can hit like that consistently? That would be dangerous.......
                      It's a good thing because the Raptors offense was crap to close the game. Freddy allowed himself to get trapped and turned it over a couple of times when Grizz applied pressure and nobody could get a decent shot off. Thankfully Grizz couldn't score either.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        It's the same issue with Watanabe. He plays hard on defense. Offensively? yuck. Inconsistent 3pt shooter and he keeps missing layups.
                        First Game Back. Sheesh. What a tough crowd.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He's been solid on D for the most part. It's his offense which I think most will complain about, but he's got a lot of potential. Just needs to get more reps in and the game should slow down for him.
                          I think this is why Nurse keeps playing him so much (aside from the lack of options). He is being force fed the reps.

Comment

• What a Jekyll & Hyde game ... wish they can bottle the 2nd half from now on. Glad it was a win but this defense has to be played with that kind of intensity or it wont succeed. I am just concerned whether that is sustainable. But it sure is enjoyable.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              What a Jekyll & Hyde game ... wish they can bottle the 2nd half from now on. Glad it was a win but this defense has to be played with that kind of intensity or it wont succeed. I am just concerned whether that is sustainable. But it sure is enjoyable.
                              I think its sustainable. It requires effort but a lot of their mistakes are because of inexperience with the young players getting caught in no man's land.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think the defense works better with Precious at the 5.

Comment

• Really fun game. Yuta's block basically sealed the comeback, like... "not today, chumps". The defensive game plan was strange. In the first half we were crowding non-shooters at the 3-pt line and funneling them into the paint, where they are elite. In the second half, we played our normal pack line defense to wall off the paint to give them more open 3's and that was their kryptonite. Our normal defense is perfectly built to beat the Grizzlies strengths and expose their weaknesses.

That said, Memphis has the worst DRTG in the entire league and we dropped a 130 ORTG on them. And we still allowed a 120 ORTG against us, yet again. We probably won't be able to come back from many other teams who score 71 on us in the first half.

And Ja Morant... wow... he got a LOT better. Can't wait to see what Scottie & Banton look like in year 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X