Game Nineteen - Raptors at Grizzlies - Wed. Nov. 24th 8:00pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch is just fine.

But IMO, he is just a fine stop gap. Hopefully Masai and Bobby can find a young guy of the same timeline of OG/GTJ and Scottie.

I am still not fully sold of Precious being a starter material. However, could be an energy big off the bench and there is nothing wrong with that.

KAT, Ayton, Christian Wood, Turner, Sabonis - either one of them may require either a Siakam or VanVleet or both if it expands to a bigger deal to match salaries.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Birch is just fine.

But IMO, he is just a fine stop gap. Hopefully Masai and Bobby can find a young guy of the same timeline of OG/GTJ and Scottie.

I am still not fully sold of Precious being a starter material. However, could be an energy big off the bench and there is nothing wrong with that.

KAT, Ayton, Christian Wood, Turner, Sabonis - either one of them may require either a Siakam or VanVleet or both if it expands to a bigger deal to match salaries.
      There's no way the Raps trade Siakam or FVV for anyone on that list besides KAT or maybe Ayton.

The whole point of Khem is to give them a stable option while they evaluate their small options and Precious over the next year or two before making decisions on the roster as a whole.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

There's no way the Raps trade Siakam or FVV for anyone on that list besides KAT or maybe Ayton.

The whole point of Khem is to give them a stable option while they evaluate their small options and Precious over the next year or two before making decisions on the roster as a whole.
        • That’s what I said about Birch - STOP GAP but you just elaborated it for the sake of responding to my post. Lol. The only difference is that you want to evaluate the need with a much longer timeline than I wanted and that is fine.
        • KAT or Ayton - 2 out of the 5 examples you are in agreement and I am fine with that too.
        lol.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He also played 19 games at the end of last year at 3 offensive boards per game, if that helps with the sample.

Yes, I agree, if we include his early career where he was playing 12 minutes a night he definitely averages fewer offensive boards!

His offensive boards per-36 rate has essentially been unchanged since he first stepped foot on an NBA court even with big changes in minutes played each year (4.4, 4.4, 3.6, 4.1, 5.0). So long as he keeps playing real minutes, there is absolutely no reason to expect his rebounding to dip significantly.
          That’s the thing though, he needs to play more for us to know for sure. 15 games this year plus the 19 you mentioned is still less than half a season. He’s certainly on the right track to have a great season the offensive glass, but it’s early, and having or not having a theoretical reason for him to sustain or dip these numbers doesn’t mean he’ll actually do one or the other (much like a per 36 stat is not quite the same as putting actual 36 minutes on the floor)

I hope he does it, I’m rooting for every person on the team; question is whether or not he will sustain it for a full season, or revert back closer to his average of 2 (which it’s what we get when we average the seasons he played over 40 games). I hope is the former, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
          X