Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2022 Draft

Because we need more outlets and topics to debate!

Max Christie. You're going to hear that name a lot from me this year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lol. It's never too early.

Comment

damn...we are pretty close to having 3rd worst record in the east. We actually could get another lotto pick.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          damn...we are pretty close to having 3rd worst record in the east. We actually could get another lotto pick.
          Well winning isn't a priority and who knows how long it takes for Nurse to instill the defense into the young guys. If they make the Playoffs, it will be fun for Scottie to be in the Playoffs in his first season, if they fall into the lottery, no doubt Raptors will put the right player to grow with Scottie.

I'm just here for the ride...

Comment

We need to tank hard to get the best bigs

Comment

The East seems very deep this year. Only Orlando and Detroit are not capable of challenging for play in spot. Which also means only Orlando and Detroit are definitely worse than us in the East. Could go either way, Raps might be a 7-8 seed or they might be a lottery team.

Comment

If they want to go down the lottery path I don’t thing we do much worse than 8th last in the league. I think they would have to actually try not to make the play in.

Comment

Win-win with playoffs vs draft this year, it’s all gravy either way. Rich get richer.

Comment

Jabari Smith is looking nice, more of a 4 than a 5 at 6'10" with length he could fit in with our front court.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...9/jabari-smith
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                      If they want to go down the lottery path I don’t thing we do much worse than 8th last in the league. I think they would have to actually try not to make the play in.
                      A good watermark every year is the trade deadline. If they're hovering at .450 like they are now I say tank for the rest of the season. If everyone is looking healthy and they're around .500, make a push for the playoffs to season these guys a bit.

Trade deadline is also a good spot to evaluate how some of your core pieces fit long term. If the timberwolves are sputtering too, I'd say explore a KAT-Siakam swap.

The 4 main things I'm watching this season:

1. How Scottie develops
                      2. If Siakam can recoup some of the value he lost on the bubble/tampa
                      3. Who we draft if we're lottery
                      4. What happens with Dragic (cap space or trade)

This is a year to set yourself properly for the next 2 seasons

Comment

Lots of Shooting guards in this draft.

Maybe that's where the focus should be.

It would be nice to have a guard that really knows how to shoot well from 3 from the bench when they are starving for a bucket.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Lots of Shooting guards in this draft.

Maybe that's where the focus should be.

It would be nice to have a guard that really knows how to shoot well from 3 from the bench when they are starving for a bucket.
                          I'd go for a young C with range that can grow with OG/Trent/Scottie. Another mobley type of player would be perfect

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

I'd go for a young C with range that can grow with OG/Trent/Scottie. Another mobley type of player would be perfect
                            I hear you but Raps are going to probably be middle of the pack (probably around 13-18th pick) and there will be slim pickings.

With lots of shooting guards around there bound to be one or two good rotation pieces a few teams will pass on.

It would have been great if they picked Desmond Bane (who was on their radar btw) 2 seasons ago but he had short arms and Masai doesn't draft that lol so they went with the high I.Q PG who we barley plays cause he doesn't fit the style now.

Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Nov 27, 2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

You don't draft based on needs...unless needs and BPA align.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X