No announcement yet.

Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got finished watching the Maker family series on Apple+. Any love for Makur Maker in the second round/undrafted? I don't think he went crazy in the NBL, but with the Aussie coach on the staff and the love of long players who can move, he could be worth a flyer?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Shot is very pure with good form
      Nice passer too!

The thing I don't like that makes me doubt he's a player the Raps would be interested in is that he's not particularly athletic looking. He barely gets off the floor for a jump shot or layup and kinds of looks slow. If you can't stay in front of your defensive assignment then chances are Raps aren't interested. I could be wrong about him though, haven't looked at any tape other than what you posted.

Comment

• Not sure why people keeps talking about Raptors achetype. You don't think the Raptors regret not drafting Bane? he's the complete opposite of what they're looking for in a player.

If you're drafting in the 2nd round you draft based on team needs. What the Raptors need is a shooter/scorer. They could also use a big but shooter/scorer should be the priority. Three guys that I'm very high on are McGowens, Braun and Christie. Dyson Daniels is another one but no way he's there at 33.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Not sold on these string bean players. Not confident in the hunch back boy out of Gonzaga not sure about this French twig either. These dude make zinger look like a regualr proprtioned man and his body hasnt been able to hold up against the grown men in the big league
          The top end of this draft is not as good as last year. Between Banchero, Holmgren and Jabari Smith, Holmgren imo is the most intriguing talent but i'm not a fan of any of these three. If I had the first overall pick I probably would take a chance at someone like Shaedon Sharpe.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Would not be at all surprised to see Caleb Houstan at 33. It’s higher than he’s projected, but he fits the need/style of play and he’s Canadian. And he apparently has a promise already (declined to participate in pre draft workouts).

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Not sure why people keeps talking about Raptors achetype. You don't think the Raptors regret not drafting Bane? he's the complete opposite of what they're looking for in a player.

If you're drafting in the 2nd round you draft based on team needs. What the Raptors need is a shooter/scorer. They could also use a big but shooter/scorer should be the priority. Three guys that I'm very high on are McGowens, Braun and Christie. Dyson Daniels is another one but no way he's there at 33.
              Bobby Webster implied there is a Raptors' archetype, so that means there probably is.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Nice passer too!

The thing I don't like that makes me doubt he's a player the Raps would be interested in is that he's not particularly athletic looking. He barely gets off the floor for a jump shot or layup and kinds of looks slow. If you can't stay in front of your defensive assignment then chances are Raps aren't interested. I could be wrong about him though, haven't looked at any tape other than what you posted.
                https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/sta...h485RmukmOJzWQ

Looks fairly athletic here to be honest. But yeah we’ll know more after the combine

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/sta...h485RmukmOJzWQ

Looks fairly athletic here to be honest. But yeah we’ll know more after the combine
                  Really? He gets like 2 inches off the ground on his jump shot. I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot like that before to be honest. I wonder if if that will lead to his shot getting blocked a lot at the NBA level.

Comment

Not sure why people keeps talking about Raptors achetype. You don't think the Raptors regret not drafting Bane? he's the complete opposite of what they're looking for in a player.

When you say the Raptors need a shooter/scorer are you talking about a Dame type player? Cause good luck finding that in the 2nd round. The type of shooter scorers you get that far back in the draft and that's if you're really lucky is someone like Lou Will. A guy that would never see the floor on this team.

Comment

Really? He gets like 2 inches off the ground on his jump shot. I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot like that before to be honest. I wonder if if that will lead to his shot getting blocked a lot at the NBA level.
                      Here we go with the typical notion again.
                      Shooting is all about positioning.
                      Luka, Shai, even Lebron hardly jumps when shooting.
                      Compare them with Westbrick who elevates so high only to throw bricks.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Here we go with the typical notion again.
                        Shooting is all about positioning.
                        Luka, Shai, even Lebron hardly jumps when shooting.
                        Compare them with Westbrick who elevates so high only to throw bricks.
                        Bro, watch the video BJ posted above and tell me that's normal. I realize it's just a workout and he's going through the motions, but he's barely getting off the floor on those jump shots. Same with the in game footage of him in college.

I'm not going to pretend like I have an eye for drafting, but when I see a 22yr old barely getting off the floor on a jump shot I'm thinking he's going to have to change the way he shoots to have success at the NBA level. Just my two cents.

Comment

When you say the Raptors need a shooter/scorer are you talking about a Dame type player? Cause good luck finding that in the 2nd round. The type of shooter scorers you get that far back in the draft and that's if you're really lucky is someone like Lou Will. A guy that would never see the floor on this team.
                          Dame? of course not. We're drafting in the 2nd round. When I say shooter/scorer I'm talking about a JJ Redick/Desmond Bane/Max Strus type of players. You usually find these types of players in the 2nd round.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah honestly my number 1 thing I’m looking for is (relative) size and legit shooting.

For a second round pick, we can develop the defence and everything else.

Comment

Dame? of course not. We're drafting in the 2nd round. When I say shooter/scorer I'm talking about a JJ Redick/Desmond Bane/Max Strus type of players. You usually find these types of players in the 2nd round.
                              Keon Ellis is within our range

https://youtu.be/iFkc6hg0_3U

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Keon Ellis is within our range

https://youtu.be/iFkc6hg0_3U
                                get this kid in the fucking building…good find that’s the one. great footwork

Comment

Working...
                                X