No announcement yet.

Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen either of these lists posted yet. Might seem like nothing, but last year Banton only got invited to the G League camp, so you can't assume kids who workout there can't get drafted. If a player isn't on either list, unless they're an international player, I would assume that they've pulled out the draft, or there's little interest.

G League Elite Camp (44 players)
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/05/...lite-camp.html

NBA draft Combine list (76 players)
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/05/...ticipants.html

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Keon Ellis is within our range

https://youtu.be/iFkc6hg0_3U
      Nice stroke on his jumpshot even with the forward movement. Gotta hope he doesn't come down on someone's foot and roll and ankle. Looks like a frisky defender as well. Not great size or length from eye test.

I wish they had more scouting reports and less highlight reel stuff on YouTube. It's tough to gauge how good these guys are.

Comment

Keon Ellis is within our range

https://youtu.be/iFkc6hg0_3U
        Nice

Listed as 6’6 but certainly looks smaller. No updated wingspan listings so another one we gotta wait for the combine for

Comment

• I mentioned Ellis earlier.. but was just looking at the tankathon's stats they listed. He's got a bit of Trent to his game. He's your typical 3&D player. With "D" you have to sort of watch them play. He seems like the kind of guy that hunts for steals and may not be positionally sound on each possession.

His stock seems to be dropping. Tankathon had him at 36, now he's at 50. On NBADraft.net he's at 53 and was not listed before their newest mock. He's an older player so that's likely why.

There are two centers around our area as well. Christian Koloko (mocked at 31 on tankathon, not listed on nbadraft.net). He's a legit 7footer. Blocks a lot of shots. And Ismael Kamagate (mocked at 33 on tankathon, 34 on nbadraft.net). An international prospect from France.

Neither took any 3's. Koloko is the better FT shooter (around 73%). Wouldn't be a terrible thing to have a young 7fter on the roster. But they do take longer to develop and we have Precious to feed.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I mentioned Ellis earlier.. but was just looking at the tankathon's stats they listed. He's got a bit of Trent to his game. He's your typical 3&D player. With "D" you have to sort of watch them play. He seems like the kind of guy that hunts for steals and may not be positionally sound on each possession.

His stock seems to be dropping. Tankathon had him at 36, now he's at 50. On NBADraft.net he's at 53 and was not listed before their newest mock. He's an older player so that's likely why.

Pass
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Nice stroke on his jumpshot even with the forward movement. Gotta hope he doesn't come down on someone's foot and roll and ankle. Looks like a frisky defender as well. Not great size or length from eye test.

I wish they had more scouting reports and less highlight reel stuff on YouTube. It's tough to gauge how good these guys are.
              There's not a lot of scouting on him yet.

https://youtu.be/xKCUz7MUjEc

Kid's very active on defense.
              And a good shooter.
              Not bad for a 2nd rounder.

Comment

I mentioned Ellis earlier.. but was just looking at the tankathon's stats they listed. He's got a bit of Trent to his game. He's your typical 3&D player. With "D" you have to sort of watch them play. He seems like the kind of guy that hunts for steals and may not be positionally sound on each possession.

There are two centers around our area as well. Christian Koloko (mocked at 31 on tankathon, not listed on nbadraft.net). He's a legit 7footer. Blocks a lot of shots. And Ismael Kamagate (mocked at 33 on tankathon, 34 on nbadraft.net). An international prospect from France.

Neither took any 3's. Koloko is the better FT shooter (around 73%). Wouldn't be a terrible thing to have a young 7fter on the roster. But they do take longer to develop and we have Precious to feed.
                I've seen a bit of footage of him only because I've been interested in Raps using their SRP oh his Arizona teammate Dalen Terry. Koloko does not look like a 7 footer to be honest, but looks like he has the size to bang and good wingspan. Blocks a lot of shots like you mentioned.

Comment

And a good shooter.
                  Yeah, active on defense, but a bit skinny. We've heard it from Nurse many times, he wants defenders to feel us. Flynn is a good example of another guy that is skinny and has a hard time bodying guys on defense.

I'm still on the Dalen Terry wagon, but admittedly have not been able to find any scouting reports on him, just highlight reel stuff.

Comment

• he is a not even a rookie yet give him 5 years to fill his body. the foot work and jump shot is good enough for me

Comment

Yeah, active on defense, but a bit skinny. We've heard it from Nurse many times, he wants defenders to feel us. Flynn is a good example of another guy that is skinny and has a hard time bodying guys on defense.

I'm still on the Dalen Terry wagon, but admittedly have not been able to find any scouting reports on him, just highlight reel stuff.
                      I don't know if bodying guys on d works in today's officiating.

Mikal Bridges is not big, so is Jerami Grant.
                      Gary Payton.
                      Bruce Bowen.

Comment

I don't know if bodying guys on d works in today's officiating.

Mikal Bridges is not big, so is Jerami Grant.
                        Gary Payton.
                        Bruce Bowen.
                        Bodying as in you have to be able to bump guys and not allow a straight line drive to the basket. It's not easy to do with a skinny frame when you have guys barrelling into you over and over. Haven't watched Bridges, but Grant, Payton and Bowen were extremely physical defenders.

Comment

Bodying as in you have to be able to bump guys and not allow a straight line drive to the basket. It's not easy to do with a skinny frame when you have guys barrelling into you over and over. Haven't watched Bridges, but Grant, Payton and Bowen were extremely physical defenders.
                          Players who are committed, with good footwork and high motor.
                          Able to stay in front of their man

Mikal Bridges defense
                          https://youtu.be/AjuMaCV852E

Another skinny guy is Thybulle.

No, people can't barrel anyone over, thats offensive foul.

Comment

And a good shooter.
                            I love the way he sucks that one in with (big?) active hands at 1:30.

I'm not really seeing a weak frame here BTW. I barely know what I'm looking at positionally but 6'6 with an athletic frame is still good size for an NBA "guard". If you can bring a defensive mindset to go with athleticism and shooting (e.g. T-Ross) you are going to give yourself a chance at a career.

With the Raps and our point forwards, I think there's probably room for another 3&D "guard" or two. We need finishers and roleplayers more than we need quarterbacks - a Leandro Barbosa would do just fine, and he was a lot skinnier-looking than this guy.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon May 16, 2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to it but still lean away from the center spot.

Comment

• I hope Tyty slips

Comment

Working...
                                X