Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post

    I would guess most of the class doesn't want to play for the Sacramento Steaming Turds.
    Worst team to get drafted to.

    2nd worst?! Washington Wizards. They don't have a clear direction either.

    Comment


    • Hotshot wrote: View Post

      Worst team to get drafted to.

      2nd worst?! Washington Wizards. They don't have a clear direction either.
      I'd say Orlando. They haven't developed anybody in years.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • A.I wrote: View Post

          I'd say Orlando. They haven't developed anybody in years.
          Orlando is probably 3rd but hey it's Orlando Florida, location is not an issue. Haven't seen any young player get drafted & never want to move to Orlando.

          Comment


          • Hotshot wrote: View Post

            Worst team to get drafted to.

            2nd worst?! Washington Wizards. They don't have a clear direction either.
            The Steaming Turds are in a class of their own though. They're now the WOAT.

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post

              The Steaming Turds are in a class of their own though. They're now the WOAT.
              i'd argue sac ... they haven't made the playoffs since Bush was in office

              Comment


              • Last round of thoughts before the draft...

                Christian Koloko (7'0" C, thin and needs to add strength but great rim protector and rebounder already, great touch around the rim, no range right now but his FT% is promising on that front, pretty decent passer, can defend man to man out on the perimeter with good footspeed - another guy who started basketball late like Pascal - upside swing here)
                EJ Liddell (6'7" forward, plays as a big, but can shoot, big and strong and surprisingly athletic, decent playmaking, decent defence, very well rounded)
                Dalen Terry (big PG - good shooting, good defensive metrics)
                Jaylin Williams (do it all 6'10" C, can dribble, good passer, decent inside scoring but no real jump shot, decent FT% suggests there is upside there, good defender but not really a rim protector, I've been convinced on him)
                Ishmael Kamagate (6'11" big, high upside swing, athletic big with developing skillset across the board, very raw, would be a long term bet, I've seen comparisons to Pascal's scouting report coming out of his draft year, though their playing background is different with Kamagate playing overseas)

                ...drop off in interest here...

                Jalen Williams (6'6" playmaking wing, smaller and with an established shot, maybe a little less known for the defensive end)
                Wendell Moore (6'6" wing, great creator/passer, can shoot - digging deeper his defence seems worse than I thought, would be a real project there)
                Keon Ellis (3+D SG, good shooter, high steal rate, not as much for playmaking or volume scoring)
                David Roddy (6'6" forward, heavy and strong, decently mobile, 6'10" wingspan, great volume scorer and shooter in college, solid rebounder and playmaker, active defensively - 2.5 stocks per 36, height/mobility combo a bit of a drawback but decently athletic)
                Walker Kessler (7' C, known for smart defence and quick feet, not quite a switch onto the perimeter guy, Poeltl type, long ways to go in terms of jumper, but Raps love to make that bet)
                Jake LaRavia (big wing, less athletic than our usual pick, but good impact numbers on both ends, all around contributor and can shoot)
                Peyton Watson (was absolutely awful in college, but some draftniks seem to think he was in a tough spot and just had an awful year - if he makes it through the 2nd round or the Raps pick up a late 2nd he'd be a great swing for the fences)
                Josh Minott (6'8 forward, decent passer, can't shoot threes at all but has a decent FT%, could project OK there, played small role in college but had nice totals per 36, supposed to have good defensive tools)
                Andrew Nembhard (Nick knows him well so if they take him it's because Nick loves him, and he's a big guard who can defend OK and playmake, so sure)
                Patrick Baldwin Jr (another guy who didn't have a great year but mostly due to injuries, might be this year's guy who slips and ends up being really good)
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  Last round of thoughts before the draft...

                  Christian Koloko (7'0" C, thin and needs to add strength but great rim protector and rebounder already, great touch around the rim, no range right now but his FT% is promising on that front, pretty decent passer, can defend man to man out on the perimeter with good footspeed - another guy who started basketball late like Pascal - upside swing here)
                  EJ Liddell (6'7" forward, plays as a big, but can shoot, big and strong and surprisingly athletic, decent playmaking, decent defence, very well rounded)
                  Dalen Terry (big PG - good shooting, good defensive metrics)
                  Jaylin Williams (do it all 6'10" C, can dribble, good passer, decent inside scoring but no real jump shot, decent FT% suggests there is upside there, good defender but not really a rim protector, I've been convinced on him)
                  Ishmael Kamagate (6'11" big, high upside swing, athletic big with developing skillset across the board, very raw, would be a long term bet, I've seen comparisons to Pascal's scouting report coming out of his draft year, though their playing background is different with Kamagate playing overseas)

                  ...drop off in interest here...

                  Jalen Williams (6'6" playmaking wing, smaller and with an established shot, maybe a little less known for the defensive end)
                  Wendell Moore (6'6" wing, great creator/passer, can shoot - digging deeper his defence seems worse than I thought, would be a real project there)
                  Keon Ellis (3+D SG, good shooter, high steal rate, not as much for playmaking or volume scoring)
                  David Roddy (6'6" forward, heavy and strong, decently mobile, 6'10" wingspan, great volume scorer and shooter in college, solid rebounder and playmaker, active defensively - 2.5 stocks per 36, height/mobility combo a bit of a drawback but decently athletic)
                  Walker Kessler (7' C, known for smart defence and quick feet, not quite a switch onto the perimeter guy, Poeltl type, long ways to go in terms of jumper, but Raps love to make that bet)
                  Jake LaRavia (big wing, less athletic than our usual pick, but good impact numbers on both ends, all around contributor and can shoot)
                  Peyton Watson (was absolutely awful in college, but some draftniks seem to think he was in a tough spot and just had an awful year - if he makes it through the 2nd round or the Raps pick up a late 2nd he'd be a great swing for the fences)
                  Josh Minott (6'8 forward, decent passer, can't shoot threes at all but has a decent FT%, could project OK there, played small role in college but had nice totals per 36, supposed to have good defensive tools)
                  Andrew Nembhard (Nick knows him well so if they take him it's because Nick loves him, and he's a big guard who can defend OK and playmake, so sure)
                  Patrick Baldwin Jr (another guy who didn't have a great year but mostly due to injuries, might be this year's guy who slips and ends up being really good)
                  Opinion of one man, doesn’t hold any kind of weight at all.

                  but thanks
                  #TradeVanVleet

                  Comment


                  • I'd prefer a wing/guard over a center personally.

                    But ultimately I'm team Masai tonight. He can do whatever he wants and I'll be cool with it.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I'd prefer a wing/guard over a center personally.

                      But ultimately I'm team Masai tonight. He can do whatever he wants and I'll be cool with it.
                      This is more of a legitimate post.

                      I agree 100%
                      #TradeVanVleet

                      Comment


                      • Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        ESPN has us taking Koloko.
                        His name sounds like a Beach Boys song.

                        Comment


                        • Sam Vecenie hyped up Mathurin on a podcast with Blake Murphy. He has him going 5th and says people are drastically underestimating his upside.

                          Comment


                          • A.I wrote: View Post
                            Sam Vecenie hyped up Mathurin on a podcast with Blake Murphy. He has him going 5th and says people are drastically underestimating his upside.
                            I was watching a bit of the U18 tournament last year, and Mathurin stood out for me. He's got some game for sure.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post


                              That's all it cost to get a 2nd in this draft? We better resign Thad or else that trade was a bust
                              You could also spin this to say picks outside the lotto are very low value in this draft, and our 20th pick was not worth very much to begin with.

                              Comment


                              • Primer wrote: View Post

                                You could also spin this to say picks outside the lotto are very low value in this draft, and our 20th pick was not worth very much to begin with.
                                Everything I'm hearing from draft folks is that this draft is a) relatively weak and b) pretty flat, outside of the top like 8 guys. Which I suspect at the least the Toronto front office agrees with (though probably not the Spurs FO) based on that trade.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X