Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post

There aren't a lot of those and even fewer that can cut it on defense. Just need to go balls in defensive players and hold every team to under 90.
    I get that but we were a pretty good defensive team and Sixers blew us out in the closer. You still have to score your own.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I get that but we were a pretty good defensive team and Sixers blew us out in the closer. You still have to score your own.
      We were a pretty good defensive team despite being really young and inexperienced. We face that team next season under the same circumstances with the only difference being another off season/season to get better and we beat them. Imo

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        What we need is a shooter with size. No midget point guards, no "versatile" 6'9 wingspan guy who can do a little of everything and a lot of nothing.
        100%.
        A shooter must be our priority.
        Come to think of it, we have never drafted a legit shooter yet.

Comment

Here's my first suggestion for our SRP on draft night.

Dalen, who reminds me a bit of Delon Wright but longer and more athletic, caught my eye for his defense. I haven't seen his name in the first round of any mock drafts, but I'm expecting him to work his way there once workouts begin. Listed at 6-7 and looks like he has really long arms though I couldn't find his wingspan listed anywhere and looks like he really digs down on defense, typical Raptor draft pick. Poor shooter right now, also typical Raptor draft pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyT8xi7QJro

I've gone through most of the PG/SG prospects in the consensus 20th pick - 40th pick range which I thinks Raps would be interested in and still think Dalen Terry should be our guy. Dyson Daniels is another guy, but he's expected to go higher and isn't the athlete Dalen is.

Comment

I've gone through most of the PG/SG prospects in the consensus 20th pick - 40th pick range which I thinks Raps would be interested in and still think Dalen Terry should be our guy. Dyson Daniels is another guy, but he's expected to go higher and isn't the athlete Dalen is.
            I don't know. 36% from three point land and 74% from the stripe. He might be too good of a shooter for Raps to look at. Is there a guy a couple inches taller who can jump higher but who shoots closer to the 20% range? That's the sweet spot.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I don't know. 36% from three point land and 74% from the stripe. He might be too good of a shooter for Raps to look at. Is there a guy a couple inches taller who can jump higher but who shoots closer to the 20% range? That's the sweet spot.
              Good point.

I should have looked past him being a 6-7 point guard that can defend.

Comment

Just looking at tankathon's mock draft for the first time, and looking at some dudes.

Keon Ellis looks pretty intriguing to me. Slotted at 36 according to their mock.

6'6 guard. 36.6% 3pt shooter, on 5.5 attempts a game. Was on the SEC all-defense team. Seasons with .174 and .165 WS/40.

Reason he's ranked so low is likely due to his age. He's already 22 years old. But I don't think our front office cares so much about age.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

You don't even need to jump high. Half our taller guys have no vertical at all....

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Just looking at tankathon's mock draft for the first time, and looking at some dudes.

Keon Ellis looks pretty intriguing to me. Slotted at 36 according to their mock.

6'6 guard. 36.6% 3pt shooter, on 5.5 attempts a game. Was on the SEC all-defense team. Seasons with .174 and .165 WS/40.

Reason he's ranked so low is likely due to his age. He's already 22 years old. But I don't think our front office cares so much about age.
                    Yeah sounds like a Masai pick to me.

Early interesting players:

Wendell Moore (6'6" wing, great creator/passer, can shoot, decent defensively though not great, kind of Scottie Barnes lite with more of an offensive slant - would need to slip from the late 1st though)
                    Dalen Terry (big PG - good shooting, good defensive metrics)
                    Keon Ellis
                    Walker Kessler (7' C, known for smart defence and quick feet, Poeltl type, long ways to go in terms of jumper, but Raps love to make that bet)
                    Jake LaRavia (big wing, less athletic than our usual pick, but good impact numbers on both ends, all around contributor and can shoot)
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah sounds like a Masai pick to me.

Early interesting players:

Wendell Moore (6'6" wing, great creator/passer, can shoot, decent defensively though not great, kind of Scottie Barnes lite with more of an offensive slant - would need to slip from the late 1st though)
                      Dalen Terry (big PG - good shooting, good defensive metrics)
                      Keon Ellis
                      Walker Kessler (7' C, known for smart defence and quick feet, Poeltl type, long ways to go in terms of jumper, but Raps love to make that bet)
                      Jake LaRavia (big wing, less athletic than our usual pick, but good impact numbers on both ends, all around contributor and can shoot)
                      Oh damn, Dan is on the Dalen Terry wagon as well, it's a lock now.

Wendell Moore looks great as well if Raps are thinking of picking up another wing, but there's a glut of them and Raps really need to solve the issue of Freddy's minutes.

LaRavia just didn't seem like a Raps guy to me. Doesn't look athletic or strong enough to defend the way Raps defend.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

22?
                        We can spin it that at his age, he fits in with our young core but with the added advanntage of less NBA wear and tear
                        Are there any 28 years olds that we can draft

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

22?
                          We can spin it that at his age, he fits in with our young core but with the added advanntage of less NBA wear and tear
                          Are there any 28 years olds that we can draft
                          22 sounds NBA ready to me. That's the spin on older players. Ready to contribute on day 1.

Comment

• Here are some of the players that I'm looking at:

1. Max Christie - I really doubt he's there at 33 but most mocks right now have him going in the 2nd round.
                            2. Bryce McGowens
                            3. Dalen Terry
                            4. Leonard Miller
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Christie highlights. Been talking about this guy since the start of the college season.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• McGowens highlights.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X