Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just looking at tankathon's mock draft for the first time, and looking at some dudes.

Keon Ellis looks pretty intriguing to me. Slotted at 36 according to their mock.

6'6 guard. 36.6% 3pt shooter, on 5.5 attempts a game. Was on the SEC all-defense team. Seasons with .174 and .165 WS/40.

Reason he's ranked so low is likely due to his age. He's already 22 years old. But I don't think our front office cares so much about age.
    Yeah, he looks like a Raptors pick:

"Ellis put together an underappreciated year in a supporting role at Alabama, turning himself into a reliable 3-and-D wing who turns in heavy effort on both ends of the floor. He didn’t get to the rim a ton or dominate touches on a team that featured its guards more, but he was highly efficient, shot the ball well, and also led the team in steal rate by a wide margin. Ellis is a smart ball-mover who rarely forces things, and has the right type of skill set to fit on an NBA roster immediately. He’s not especially big for a wing, and he’s also quite slender, which will be a problem for some teams, but he’s physical in spite of that and has the type of wiry strength that should play up. He’s already 22, so the upside isn’t crazy, but Ellis clearly knows how to play and has the right type of skillset to help a team off the bench pretty quickly."

Comment

• There's one unheralded 7'3" kid with good defensive skills and a soft touch - Kai Sotto. High IQ player. Only 19 yrs old.
      We can develop him in the GLeague.
      He is a typical Raptors / Spurs type player.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
        There's one unheralded 7'3" kid with good defensive skills and a soft touch - Kai Sotto. High IQ player. Only 19 yrs old.
        Draft him with their 2nd round pick? oh hell no.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

yeah waste of a pick

Comment

There's one unheralded 7'3" kid with good defensive skills and a soft touch - Kai Sotto. High IQ player. Only 19 yrs old.
            people just want him because he isof his nationality and that's literally it... he isn't even ranked in the top 60 prospects on any mock draft. He will be available as an undrafted guy if you REALLY want.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

people just want him because he isof his nationality and that's literally it... he isn't even ranked in the top 60 prospects on any mock draft. He will be available as an undrafted guy if you REALLY want.
              I'd take a chance on him, he could turn out to be nothing, but if he becomes something, a 7'2 homegrown C is a good thing.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'd take a chance on him, he could turn out to be nothing, but if he becomes something, a 7'2 homegrown C is a good thing.
                right but why not take him as an undrafted guy when he will be there. and see what he has in summer league.

There are much better talents that will be available at the 33rd pick. If it was the 60th pick or the 58th pick.. sure but you gotta treat this like a late first.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

right but why not take him as an undrafted guy when he will be there. and see what he has in summer league.

There are much better talents that will be available at the 33rd pick. If it was the 60th pick or the 58th pick.. sure but you gotta treat this like a late first.
                  Well if Raptors feel they like someone else, draft them with the pick. Who knows how many of these 2nd rounders or undrafted players will become contributing players in the league.

Comment

• There’s lots of opportunity to get back into the second round if they want someone that will go a bit later. With 33 you have a good chance of getting a first round talent (ranked by your scouts) that has fallen. We don’t need to reach with this pick.

Comment

No.
                      I think he might go undrafted.

Comment

Scouting report says he gets bullied in the post on both ends, even by smaller players. Won't be an answer to the center position, if that's what we're looking for. We'd be waiting for 3-5 years for him to develop an NBA body & strength ... assuming that even happens.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Scouting report says he gets bullied in the post on both ends, even by smaller players. Won't be an answer to the center position, if that's what we're looking for. We'd be waiting for 3-5 years for him to develop an NBA body & strength ... assuming that even happens.
                          He's another Bruno Caboclo. I'm not wasting any draft pick on him.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• You usually hear generational players name years before they get drafted. Shaq, LeBron, Luka etc. This guy Victor Wembanyama is a name that's being talked about for years now. Next year is the year to tank if you're a bad team.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's another Bruno Caboclo. I'm not wasting any draft pick on him.
                              He's got better BBIQ than Bruno, but I agree... that's a no from me, dawg.

If I'm the Raps, I'm drafting for BBIQ, shooting and NBA ready body. Defense would be nice, but Nurse needs to be able to teach defense to shooters vs. the other way around.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He's got better BBIQ than Bruno, but I agree... that's a no from me, dawg.

If I'm the Raps, I'm drafting for BBIQ, shooting and NBA ready body. Defense would be nice, but Nurse needs to be able to teach defense to shooters vs. the other way around.
                                NBA ready body for 19 year old centers is a reach.
                                Even Embiid came in skinny.

Comment

Working...
                                X