No announcement yet.

Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the 2nd rd pick to draft a shooter.
    or package it to trade for one.
    I think we can just grab an undrafted center and develop him.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      Use the 2nd rd pick to draft a shooter.
      or package it to trade for one.
      I think we can just grab an undrafted center and develop him.
      I agree with your strategy on the pick, but we're not finding a UDFA center worth a crap. There are some decent guys we can sign like Biyombo on the cheap.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I agree with your strategy on the pick, but we're not finding a UDFA center worth a crap. There are some decent guys we can sign like Biyombo on the cheap.
        I'm not saying we shouldn't sign Biz.
        We should!

Comment

• Givony has the Raps picking Terquavion Smith -
          39% FG percentage???

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...-draft-lottery
          Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue May 17, 2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            Givony has the Raps picking Terquavion Smith -
            39% FG percentage???

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...-draft-lottery
            We already have David Johnson in the system who will be ahead of him so I don't see that as an option.

I am hoping McGowens drop to the Raptors at 33rd but his upside might too tempting to be passed for some teams in the first round as Givony eluded to.

I kinda like Wendell Moore Jr, seems to be capable of doing a whole bunch of things on the floor the Raptors encourage to do and will probably be there at the 33rd pick.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

We already have David Johnson in the system who will be ahead of him so I don't see that as an option.

I am hoping McGowens drop to the Raptors at 33rd but his upside might too tempting to be passed for some teams in the first round as Givony eluded to.

I kinda like Wendell Moore Jr, seems to be capable of doing a whole bunch of things on the floor the Raptors encourage to do and will probably be there at the 33rd pick.

Nice. Pretty strong too.
              Reminds me a bit of Brogdon.

Comment

• Not sure what Masai and Bobby's draft strategy will be this year. Masai referenced being done with rebuilding so guessing he's not interested in a long term project with that pick.

You tend not to expect too much from an SRP, but we badly need some playable rotation guys.

Some new analysis on Dalen Terry. Still need to find a scouting report that speaks to his weaknesses which is either a good thing or really bad
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBAd733q7Q

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Not sure what Masai and Bobby's draft strategy will be this year. Masai referenced being done with rebuilding so guessing he's not interested in a long term project with that pick.

You tend not to expect too much from an SRP, but we badly need some playable rotation guys.

Some new analysis on Dalen Terry. Still need to find a scouting report that speaks to his weaknesses which is either a good thing or really bad
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBAd733q7Q
                  I didn't quite understand the "we are done with rebuilding" comments. What does that even mean?

Delon and Norm were late 1st round and a 2nd rounder who joined a 49-win team. Jakob, Pascal & FVV joined a 56-win team. That's 5 rookie or sophomores who were being developed while the team was winning and rebuilding at the same time. And then add Bruno and Bebe to the mix.

Every team needs to incorporate young talent on rookie scale contracts into the long-term team building strategy, simply because of how the salary cap works. Even teams like the Clippers, Heat and Warriors continue to develop young talent as role players, bench depth and potential trade pieces.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I didn't quite understand the "we are done with rebuilding" comments. What does that even mean?

Delon and Norm were late 1st round and a 2nd rounder who joined a 49-win team. Jakob, Pascal & FVV joined a 56-win team. That's 5 rookie or sophomores who were being developed while the team was winning and rebuilding at the same time. And then add Bruno and Bebe to the mix.

Every team needs to incorporate young talent on rookie scale contracts into the long-term team building strategy, simply because of how the salary cap works. Even teams like the Clippers, Heat and Warriors continue to develop young talent as role players, bench depth and potential trade pieces.
                    I took that more to mean that the expectations went from rebuilding to winning. Ujiri has always used his bench to stash younger or longer term projects and I can’t imagine that changing.

Comment

• Wow that Koloko guy looks to have some great shotblocking instincts and ability. Good to see contests out at the 3-point line. Not sure how I feel about drafting a center either, but realistically the second rounder is unlikely to play major minutes outside the G-league so why not develop a center as long as they fit what we're doing.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Wow that Koloko guy looks to have some great shotblocking instincts and ability. Good to see contests out at the 3-point line. Not sure how I feel about drafting a center either, but realistically the second rounder is unlikely to play major minutes outside the G-league so why not develop a center as long as they fit what we're doing.
                        He doesn't look like he can create his own shot in the post.. which means he'd be better off with a PG that can create for him. Like Capela in Atlanta with Trae throwing lobs and floaters his way for example. Or DeAndre Jordan back in the day with Chris Paul as his PG.

He's intriguing but I'm not sure how well he'd do in our system as we don't really have PG's that can get the most out of him on offense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He doesn't look like he can create his own shot in the post.. which means he'd be better off with a PG that can create for him. Like Capela in Atlanta with Trae throwing lobs and floaters his way for example. Or DeAndre Jordan back in the day with Chris Paul as his PG.

He's intriguing but I'm not sure how well he'd do in our system as we don't really have PG's that can get the most out of him on offense.
                          Do we think that Scottie and Pascal can develop into PnR lob passers?

It would be a shame to limit our team building options based upon Fred’s limitations as a PnR point guard.

Comment

Do we think that Scottie and Pascal can develop into PnR lob passers?

It would be a shame to limit our team building options based upon Fred’s limitations as a PnR point guard.
                            I wasn't even thinking of Fred. I don't think Pascal has that ability. Scottie might. Did we ever see him find Boucher or Precious off a pick or something?

I think the bigger issue is Nick. He just doesn't use the PnR at all. Malachi looks like he'd be a good pick and roll guard, but he's used on offense the same way everyone else is.. dribble hand offs, and drive and kicks.

Comment

I think what Masai was saying is more affirming he likes the players we have, he likes the system we are running so don't expect sweeping changes like what we experienced to start this season. You're not going to see a team next season full of brand new players that are completely new to the team.

I hope that also means more or less that it's win now-ish moves from here on out.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I wasn't even thinking of Fred. I don't think Pascal has that ability. Scottie might. Did we ever see him find Boucher or Precious off a pick or something?

I think the bigger issue is Nick. He just doesn't use the PnR at all. Malachi looks like he'd be a good pick and roll guard, but he's used on offense the same way everyone else is.. dribble hand offs, and drive and kicks.

Development comes in stages as does learning the playbook. Most of last season was spent unpacking the defensive schemes on the new guys, so perhaps the offense opens up a bit now that guys are settling in and roles are being defined.

PnR's are all halfcourt and we know Raps just want to run on every play so it's likely at the end of the playbook.

Comment

Working...
                                X