Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's why I wasn't happy with having to trade our FRP for Thad. We've got such a good scouting team I'd have thought their odds of finding a good player would be that much higher being able to pick 13 spots earlier.

Our guys were getting run into the ground so I get it we owed them some help.
    Thad is okay.. but I wonder if we didn't do the trade, if we'd still get into the playoffs. He may have helped get us 1 or 2 wins.. maybe we drop to 6th and we end up playing the Bucks in the first round instead of the 76ers. I don't think we would have dropped to the play-in.

13 spots is a big drop. But I think we'll still find someone great. And of course if someone from 20-32 becomes a star, we'll have another what if moment we can all ponder for the next 5-10 years.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      Jalen Williams is an interesting name

6’6 wing, used to be a PG until he hit a growth spurt. Very athletic, shot 40% from 3 and 80% from the line. Defensively he’s known for his quick hands and gets a lot of steals which suits the way we play as well.
      https://twitter.com/barlowe500/statu...POlkEXFrUcVQ6A

welp looks like he’s going way before 33

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I mentioned Ellis earlier.. but was just looking at the tankathon's stats they listed. He's got a bit of Trent to his game. He's your typical 3&D player. With "D" you have to sort of watch them play. He seems like the kind of guy that hunts for steals and may not be positionally sound on each possession.

His stock seems to be dropping. Tankathon had him at 36, now he's at 50. On NBADraft.net he's at 53 and was not listed before their newest mock. He's an older player so that's likely why.

There are two centers around our area as well. Christian Koloko (mocked at 31 on tankathon, not listed on nbadraft.net). He's a legit 7footer. Blocks a lot of shots. And Ismael Kamagate (mocked at 33 on tankathon, 34 on nbadraft.net). An international prospect from France.

Neither took any 3's. Koloko is the better FT shooter (around 73%). Wouldn't be a terrible thing to have a young 7fter on the roster. But they do take longer to develop and we have Precious to feed.
        Koloko shot 16/25 in the draft combine 3 point challenge today

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...YN1OPBbyw&s=19
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• i appreciate that he showed up to the combine with a cape. that's the kind of confidence we're looking for

Comment

• Didn't even realize the combine had started already? Now we need some intel on who the Raps' scouts were watching.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Koloko shot 16/25 in the draft combine 3 point challenge today
                Measures well too. Raptors type of wingspan.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine/

Comment

• Fav player in the draft.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Interesting that he's interviewed with the Raptors - considering that he's likely well off the board by the time the Raptors (currently) select

Comment

• Jalen Williams measured in with a 7’2 wingspan and the 5th best vertical

Yeah there’s zero chance he’s there by 33 now

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Interesting that he's interviewed with the Raptors - considering that he's likely well off the board by the time the Raptors (currently) select
                        Yeah, that’s very interesting. He’s projected top 10’ish.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, that’s very interesting. He’s projected top 10’ish.
                          Considering it would take Scottie or Siakam to trade for a top 10 pick, it is interesting.

Having said that he was teammates with Koloko and (cough, cough) Dalen Terry. Maybe digging for Intel on his teammates?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Considering it would take Scottie or Siakam to trade for a top 10 pick, it is interesting.

Having said that he was teammates with Koloko and (cough, cough) Dalen Terry. Maybe digging for Intel on his teammates?
                            It’s a weak draft though. I could see the Kings, Pelicans, Knicks or Wizards open to moving their pick for a win now player and maybe a future pick.

Comment

• I mean it would have to be Trent heading out the other way if they were interested in Mathurin right, both being SG's? Trent doesn't move the needle enough for a team looking for a win now player even with a future FRP, I do t think.

Comment

• Its probably the Raptors just doing their due diligence, whether they are interested in drafting a player or getting to know him for future trades or free agent signings.

Masai kept an eye on Scottie since he was in high school. These front offices get a feel for players way earlier than what we see or hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X