Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    NOP (8), SAC (4) and POR (7) open to moving their picks. There was a rumor at the trade deadline the Blazers were trying to get Trent Jr. back. If that was true, then maybe there's some smoke here.

And they all make sense. Kings were already looking to make a Playoff push with the Sabonis trade. Although I doubt we get the 4th pick, they can probably do better than Trent with that.

Blazers have Lillard and should be looking to restock with win now players.

Pelicans are already a Playoff team and should look at ways to improve that now rather than later.

Some people may not like Trent, but he is still a 15-18 PPG scorer, can shoot the ball at a 38% clip, provides some defense and is 23 years old. His contract is coming up, but if a team does trade for him, they'll have his bird rights.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

And they all make sense. Kings were already looking to make a Playoff push with the Sabonis trade. Although I doubt we get the 4th pick, they can probably do better than Trent with that.

Blazers have Lillard and should be looking to restock with win now players.

Pelicans are already a Playoff team and should look at ways to improve that now rather than later.

Some people may not like Trent, but he is still a 15-18 PPG scorer, can shoot the ball at a 38% clip, provides some defense and is 23 years old. His contract is coming up, but if a team does trade for him, they'll have his bird rights.
      From ESPN mock draft breakdown. Pelicans need 3-pt shooting. Trent fills that void and fits in perfectly with their age group.

8. New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers)

AJ Griffin
      Duke
      SF/PF

The Pelicans really struggled to space the floor effectively at times this past season, ranking among the worst 3-point shooting teams in the NBA in both makes and accuracy. Griffin, who made 45% of his 3-pointers, is arguably the best shooter in the draft and also one of the youngest players in this class. His 7-foot wingspan gives him significant potential defensively, and he plays one of the most coveted positions in the modern NBA.

Comment

From ESPN mock draft breakdown. Pelicans need 3-pt shooting. Trent fills that void and fits in perfectly with their age group.

I want this

Comment

• Something’s cooking….

Comment

Something’s cooking….

I've seen Raps connected to Dyson Daniels, EJ Liddell, and Leonard Miller. That, and a handful of first rounders.

I guess Miller tested well, and did well at the Nike Summit, but what I saw from him this week, he looked kind of green.

I wonder if Dyson is going to drop? Other than the top 3 I think everything is a guess this year

Comment

• Dyson Daniels? He's supposed to go in the teens I thought. Raps are scouting guys "currently" out of their reach.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Dyson Daniels? He's supposed to go in the teens I thought. Raps are scouting guys "currently" out of their reach.
                Masai does his homework. He wants to build relationships with as many guys as possible, even if they are not draft targets. How many times have we seen a player in the first few years of their NBA career not be on a team that fits? Think Precious....scoop in and get him.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I thought WE were in win now mode? At least as much as NO, the Pellies, Hawks or Spurs .....
                  We are but that doesn't mean we should be blind to the fact it will be difficult to pay Trent when the season is over. We can handle having a less ready player in exchange for having that low cost rookie contract. Trent is a bench guy for us now so he'd have more value on another team as their starter.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

I've seen Raps connected to Dyson Daniels, EJ Liddell, and Leonard Miller. That, and a handful of first rounders.

I guess Miller tested well, and did well at the Nike Summit, but what I saw from him this week, he looked kind of green.

I wonder if Dyson is going to drop? Other than the top 3 I think everything is a guess this year
                    EJ Liddell is a really good player. I hope he's still there at 33. It would suck if the Thad trade caused us to miss out on a good prospect.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I thought WE were in win now mode? At least as much as NO, the Pellies, Hawks or Spurs .....
                      We nor those teams are in win now mode with maybe the Hawks closest to it. Raps are just done rebuilding I think, now it's all about development while they wait on the young core to be ready to compete along side the vets. They'll use the next couple years to get thir cap space lined up with their window to contend. Or so I hope.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

EJ Liddell is a really good player. I hope he's still there at 33. It would suck if the Thad trade caused us to miss out on a good prospect.
                        Yeah, I agree. There's a huge gap between someone like EJ and Leonard, as far as being NBA ready.

According to @m_shantz from RR, the full list is:

Benedict Mathurin, Jared Rhoden, Leonard Miller, Jalen Wilson, Dyson Daniels, E.J. Liddell.

They definitely have a type, long wings, but even if they buy their way into the late first, they might be stuck with someone whose green like Leonard.
                        Really surprised that they're not even rumored to be talking to any centers.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We nor those teams are in win now mode with maybe the Hawks closest to it. Raps are just done rebuilding I think, now it's all about development while they wait on the young core to be ready to compete along side the vets. They'll use the next couple years to get thir cap space lined up with their window to contend. Or so I hope.
                          To me win now is we have to make the playoffs or the season was a failure and we expect to finish better than the prior season.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

no no and no keon ellis is better than all of them

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

no no and no keon ellis is better than all of them
                              Looks like Ellis measured small, just under 6-4. Super skilled, but who knows. Either way, so far, it looks like the Raps haven't talked to him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

To me win now is we have to make the playoffs or the season was a failure and we expect to finish better than the prior season.
                                Its not like they snuck into the playoffs, so if they stay healthy for the most part they should be a lock for the playoffs. The team is young enough to improve without any significant trades. They are also young enough where they can hit a wall in the playoffs because good, vet teams have a way of doing that you young and in experienced ones. It's like a right of passage.

Comment

Working...
                                X