Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm not sure about that. Kao looks like a one-dimensional C.... basically a more athletic Clint Capela. But even back then... Masai passed on Capela to pick Bruno, who fits the 6'9", skilled, position-less mantra. Kao is an insane athlete and physical specimen, for sure.
    He likely passed on Capela because he had a trade lined up for Bebe. Wasn't a good draft night for our President.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
      PERSONAL
      Born on Oct. 7, 1999 … son of Chiderah Akobundu and Solomon Ehiogu … his name means “patience” … was born in Nigeria and lived there until he was 13 … moved to the United States on Oct. 11, 2012 … grew up playing soccer and track; had not touched or even seen a basketball until he moved to the U.S. … kicked a basketball the first time he held one … his cousin introduced him to basketball and started training him … grew from 5-foot-4 when he arrived in the U.S. at age 13 to 6-foot-6 as a senior at age 18 … grew three more inches to his current 6-foot-9 between 2018-20 … has a visual/photographic memory.

High IQ
      Late bloomer
      Soccer footwork

Yep this will be our undrafted player this year
      Will he stay un-drafted, or will it be another "WTF, Masai" moment, when we actually do draft him? lol.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
        PERSONAL
        Born on Oct. 7, 1999 … son of Chiderah Akobundu and Solomon Ehiogu … his name means “patience” … was born in Nigeria and lived there until he was 13 … moved to the United States on Oct. 11, 2012 … grew up playing soccer and track; had not touched or even seen a basketball until he moved to the U.S. … kicked a basketball the first time he held one … his cousin introduced him to basketball and started training him … grew from 5-foot-4 when he arrived in the U.S. at age 13 to 6-foot-6 as a senior at age 18 … grew three more inches to his current 6-foot-9 between 2018-20 … has a visual/photographic memory.

High IQ
        Late bloomer
        Soccer footwork

Yep this will be our undrafted player this year
        Great meme potential of having a front court of patience and precious.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Apparently we can add Josh Minott to the list of players the Raps have talked to.
          https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...Xx4mE8j4L6pLaQ

6-8 wing with a 6-11 wingspan. Mock drafts have him in the late 40's

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Apparently we can add Josh Minott to the list of players the Raps have talked to.
            https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...Xx4mE8j4L6pLaQ

6-8 wing with a 6-11 wingspan. Mock drafts have him in the late 40's
            This kid will need Nick Nurse's Pill. His form is so fugly. But otherwise he's a Raptory type of player for sure.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

This kid will need Nick Nurse's Pill. His form is so fugly. But otherwise he's a Raptory type of player for sure.

I think a lot of our guys have been taking the blue pill instead of the red pill. Maybe we can poach the Heat or Celtics shooting coaches.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think a lot of our guys have been taking the blue pill instead of the red pill. Maybe we can poach the Heat or Celtics shooting coaches.
                You can't deny the development of Precious shooting throughout the season. He was close to 40% from 3 in the second half of the season.

Comment

• nothing special but he is a basketball player all round
                  jaylin williams

if you put a gun to my head draft day this is my guy. keon ellis if he goes undrafted or we get another 2nd i wouldn’t mind him in the building to see if he can grow into a nba player.
                  Last edited by grindhouse; Sat May 28, 2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    nothing special but he is a basketball player all round
                    jaylin williams

if you put a gun to my head draft day this is my guy. keon ellis if he goes undrafted or we get another 2nd i wouldn’t mind him in the building to see if he can grow into a nba player.
                    in our range right now I like him and Koloko

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Looks really raw. I hope Raps can find a guy that can contribute a bit this coming season.

Comment

• A bunch of people here wanted this kid to drop to our pick. Time to cross him off the list.

Terquavion Smith pulling out of NBA draft

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ling-nba-draft

This draft is just getting worse and worse...

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          A bunch of people here wanted this kid to drop to our pick. Time to cross him off the list.

Terquavion Smith pulling out of NBA draft

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ling-nba-draft

This draft is just getting worse and worse...
                          Its the 33rd pick in the draft.
                          While its possible that we uncover another diamond in the rough, its unlikely that what we need can be found in the 2nd round of the NBA draft.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

While its possible that we uncover another diamond in the rough, its unlikely that what we need can be found in the 2nd round of the NBA draft.
                            Luckily what we need is a playable talent. Anything is better than the nothing we had for much of the season where Nurse chose not to use Banton, Flynn and the rest.

Comment

• I really like Jaylin Williams a lot. I think the 33rd pick we should pick him or he is one of the guys on my list. I think we should not use the draft to solve the scoring issues. This guy can pass. He has offensive upside. Defensively intriguing I'm of the mind set you can't have enough playmaking and passing.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

definitely looking for a solid role player with a bit of upside. That would be my hope for this pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X