Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Like Dan mentions they should be happy to have an opportunity to showcase themselves.. The pool of players looking for an opportunity far exceeds the number of draft picks out there. For most of these guys getting a call to show up for a scrimmage is as close the the NBA as they might get.

What did you think the whole "bet on yourself" mantra was about LOL?
    That's far different than the original thought presented which was flying in guys you're not interested in just so you can run a scrimmage

Comment

• i would be fine with marcus bingham he is a senior solid ncaa career. shot blocker which we need athletic enough for the nba. decent motor. can hit the 3 we need that. yeah …. him or williams i am good with

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Just to switch perspective - have you ever agreed to a job interview, even though you weren't particularly interested in the role/company, because you wanted to gain some practice/remove some rust in preparation for the role/company that you WERE excited about?
        Um.......no actually. But I'm not the best guy to ask that.

But are you trying to posit that players might want to scrimmage for teams that aren't interested in them so they can "remove some rust" and be ready to work out for those that ARE interested?

Comment

• they had bingham listed as a forward in the tournament. he was on the spartans team that made a deep run. 7’ foot 230lbs i think he can put on more needs to put on more. at least get to 250lbs

Comment

• gun to my head i still go with williams but if the took bingham i wouldn’t be mad

Comment

• this would be a great game to watch live to see how bingham does against nba size centers he got 2 blocks on edey. almost had 4 blocks in this game. 1 big steal 1 big dunk i like this kid just needs size
              Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Jun 3, 2022, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That's far different than the original thought presented which was flying in guys you're not interested in just so you can run a scrimmage
                Apologies, would have thought that was obvious

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

*I've had a few beers so don't hold me to anything I say. Likely won't make much sense.
                  Feels like there was a weird situation which played out this season. They started with giving Banton, Svi, at some point Champagne and I'm probably missing someone else a bunch of minutes to start and rather abruptly for reasons that likely won't be officially explained they pivoted and wanted to win. Maybe it was part of the plan to dedicate the first month or so to see if they had any playable guys, maybe MLSE stepped in and said they needed fans to tune in, but they changed what they were doing. At that point the young guys got very few minutes until injuries forced the issue.

So with Banton, Flynn, Svi, Champagne and there's a bunch of young guys still that need minutes to develop. Do the Raps need a another guy that's a complete project? And Raps badly need some help off the bench still.
                  Basically yes. Those guys are either playable already or inconsequential - they are roleplayer prospects, as are David Johnson and Jalen Harris. Scottie's at the top of the rotation. Delano is high potential, but he's also a rotation guy as a sophomore.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind another project. We already have a really good rotation that includes young guys, and have other rotation-calibre young guys on the outside looking in.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Basically yes. Those guys are either playable already or inconsequential - they are roleplayer prospects, as are David Johnson and Jalen Harris. Scottie's at the top of the rotation. Delano is high potential, but he's also a rotation guy as a sophomore.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind another project. We already have a really good rotation that includes young guys, and have other rotation-calibre young guys on the outside looking in.
                    This is it. I just think we need to make sure we don't have too many overlapping projects at one "position" at a time. So maybe we don't necessarily need another wing project specifically although I wouldn't complain.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Well, I hope they develop over the summer but my point is Banton, Svi, Champagne and the rest all fell out of the rotation. They became development projects because Nurse found them unplayable. Flynn was the only one that worked his way into the rotation as the season went on and Fred was sidelined. Encouraging because we badly need another guard with of skills to back up Fred.

Whoever we draft will need developing, I'm just hoping it's not a complete project is all.

Comment

• you guys realized why banton didn’t play right. banton is way better than flynn but he needed to be humbled. they basically red shirted banton this year. go and watch banton highlights or his 905 games kid has real game. only thing he is missing is experience and a little bit of strength. if this coaching staff is as good as they say “ben simmons” is the 12th man on our bench and should be a all star in 5 years max.

Comment

• we went through a whole year and all i hear from the media is flynn this flynn that. i watch a lot of basketball in my life and nothing in flynn’s game should have anyone asking about him. i would bet money media is being paid off

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            you guys realized why banton didn’t play right. banton is way better than flynn but he needed to be humbled. they basically red shirted banton this year. go and watch banton highlights or his 905 games kid has real game. only thing he is missing is experience and a little bit of strength. if this coaching staff is as good as they say “ben simmons” is the 12th man on our bench and should be a all star in 5 years max.
                            Banton didn't need to be humbled.. he came in and was raw and needed 905 time. It wasn't like he came in thumping his chest. I agree though that he needs experience and strength.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              we went through a whole year and all i hear from the media is flynn this flynn that. i watch a lot of basketball in my life and nothing in flynn’s game should have anyone asking about him. i would bet money media is being paid off
                              I don't know if the media is being paid off but flynn was a legit question mark throughout the year because at summer league he made.... a "splash" of sorts because he looked like he was basically too good for SL... then shat the bed in the limited minutes he was given. Not sure what happened between summer league and training camp / preseason but he did NOT look like he belonged until he got a shot after all star break before he got injured. He had a couple game stretch where he showed something and then that was it. I am hoping he showed enough to couple him with Svi to trade away either for a pick or for another young prospect.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't know if the media is being paid off but flynn was a legit question mark throughout the year because at summer league he made.... a "splash" of sorts because he looked like he was basically too good for SL... then shat the bed in the limited minutes he was given. Not sure what happened between summer league and training camp / preseason but he did NOT look like he belonged until he got a shot after all star break before he got injured. He had a couple game stretch where he showed something and then that was it. I am hoping he showed enough to couple him with Svi to trade away either for a pick or for another young prospect.
                                Dragic's arrival impacted Flynn negatively.
                                Dragic backed up Fred and took away Flynn's minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X